View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Super Bowl - who wins? 

Who will win the Super Bowl?
Poll ended at February 3rd, 2014, 11:56 am
Broncos 69%  69%  [ 11 ]
Seahawks 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 16

Super Bowl - who wins? 
RIP Killer

Post Super Bowl - who wins?
Some interesting story lines this year...

Let is snow - weather factor, outside in New Jersey in Feb - fun!!!

Look for this SB to be framed as good (Broncos) vs. evil (Seahawks)...

Defense wins Championships? Top offense vs. top defense...

Can Peyton equal his younger bro with 2 rings?

Like Caldwell, both coaches are NFL retreads...

Super Bowl munchies - both states that have legalized pot are represented in the SB, the other 48 states are not. whoa dude!

January 21st, 2014, 11:56 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Post Re: Super Bowl - who wins?
I will be rooting for the Broncos. I want to see Manning get his second ring.

January 21st, 2014, 12:11 pm
Modmin Dude

I think Peyton's experience will help him win his 2nd SB. The Seahawks are a damn good team, but I think they'll be more effected by the Super Bowl hype machine.

January 21st, 2014, 1:04 pm
Team MVP

Peyton is just way too good for them to lose.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 21st, 2014, 4:55 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

It's gonna be cold. I think if the Hawks can get a few stops at the beginning, they could pull it off. If they get into a hole, however, I just don't think they have the weapons to get back into it. This could be a repeat of 2007 when Manning's Colts took on the Bears.

January 21st, 2014, 5:41 pm
RIP Killer

Broncos. Wilson hasn't proven that he can get them over the hump. They don't have the weapons that Denver does. Yes, Sherman is a beast and they have some very good players in their secondary, but Denver has the best audible calling QB the game has ever seen and a ton of weapons. I'll say Denver in a relatively low scoring, close game. Horsies 24, birds 20

January 22nd, 2014, 9:24 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Ill say the same thing I said at the start of the Season. The Broncos will win the Super bowl unless Peyton has 1 of his patented 3 Interception Playoff Meltdowns. He rarely makes mistakes, but when he does, he sometimes implodes. No Implosion, Denver wins. (I know that sounds like an "easy prediction" but again, I've said this to my co-workers since the offseason.

January 22nd, 2014, 3:01 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Also, Peyton can make history if he wins, and probably permanently dispell the old "bad in playoffs" moniker. If Broncos win, Peyton will be the Only QB in History to win the big game with 2 different teams.

January 22nd, 2014, 3:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Offense wins championships!

Remember the Colts (Manning/offense) against the Bears (defense) a few years ago. Repeat performance, 30-17 Colts, err Broncos.

January 23rd, 2014, 11:00 am
Profile WWW

January 27th, 2014, 12:08 pm
RIP Killer

Well was I wrong. Kudos to Seattle, dominated in every phase of the game. Denver looked awful from the first snap on.

I have to say, in this offense driven league it is nice to see defense controlling the game. Could we be seeing a shift back towards defense? Looks like the NFCW might have the right formula right now with defense, power running, read option QB, etc.

Didn't watch the second half after the Harvin kickoff return, been spoiled by a lot of close SBs as of late.

February 3rd, 2014, 11:35 am
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
Well was I wrong. Kudos to Seattle, dominated in every phase of the game. Denver looked awful from the first snap on.

I have to say, in this offense driven league it is nice to see defense controlling the game. Could we be seeing a shift back towards defense? Looks like the NFCW might have the right formula right now with defense, power running, read option QB, etc.

Didn't watch the second half after the Harvin kickoff return, been spoiled by a lot of close SBs as of late.

I think that old chestnut "Offense wins games; Defense wins championships" still applies. You have a better chance of winning a lot of regular season games with a big offense. Once the bad weather & playoffs arrive, though, you have to have a strong defense. It's all about striking that balance.

February 3rd, 2014, 11:54 am
RIP Killer

We love to simplify things down and then copy what works. In reality, yesterday it was a "team" that won and I think there is a lesson often forgotten there.

BTW - another thing I was wrong about, a least partially, was Avril. I always liked him, but wondered how much all the attention to the interior of the DL benefited him. He played very well yesterday and had a huge impact on the game.

February 3rd, 2014, 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

I was one of the five people to vote for the Hawks, though I didn't expect them to blow out Denver.

February 3rd, 2014, 3:04 pm

DJ-B wrote:
Ill say the same thing I said at the start of the Season. The Broncos will win the Super bowl unless Peyton has 1 of his patented 3 Interception Playoff Meltdowns. He rarely makes mistakes, but when he does, he sometimes implodes. No Implosion, Denver wins. (I know that sounds like an "easy prediction" but again, I've said this to my co-workers since the offseason.

Other than the one title vs the bears, his seasons usually end the same way. I'm on a sports stream for my school and the question was "Denver wins if..." And "Seattle wins if..." I said Seattle wins if the refs allow them to play their game and Denver wins if Manning is the best QB in NFL history. I have NEVER trusted him in the playoffs and therefore predicted a SEA win. What a great game that was tho I'm sad for Champ Bailey

February 3rd, 2014, 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next