View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as HC 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as HC
Leo wrote:
The Lions always do this all the time - "hey this was our guy all along" except this time there so was much smoke there was fire and they had to spin it as "yeah we wanted Whisenhunt but we wanted Caldwell just as much". Really? I don't remember them gassing up a plane to go pick up Caldwell.

If that was case why was Tony Dungy calling up the Lions on Monday to give the Lions his recommendation?

Because they had already had the face to face meeting with Caldwell at Allan Park where he met Stafford and Bill Ford Jr. They did not need to bring Caldwell back to Allan Park to do that again, they could conduct interview #2 with Caldwell anywhere.

Wisenhunt, on the other hand, was interviewed in San Diego. Stafford, and Bill Ford Jr. were not present. The Lions had the plane prepared to go get Wisenhunt so that he could come to Allan Park and meet Stafford and Bill Jr.

And people call me a conspiracy theorist!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 18th, 2014, 1:04 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

BillySims wrote:
Leo wrote:
The Lions always do this all the time - "hey this was our guy all along" except this time there so was much smoke there was fire and they had to spin it as "yeah we wanted Whisenhunt but we wanted Caldwell just as much". Really? I don't remember them gassing up a plane to go pick up Caldwell.

If that was case why was Tony Dungy calling up the Lions on Monday to give the Lions his recommendation?

Because they had already had the face to face meeting with Caldwell at Allan Park where he met Stafford and Bill Ford Jr. They did not need to bring Caldwell back to Allan Park to do that again, they could conduct interview #2 with Caldwell anywhere.

Wisenhunt, on the other hand, was interviewed in San Diego. Stafford, and Bill Ford Jr. were not present. The Lions had the plane prepared to go get Wisenhunt so that he could come to Allan Park and meet Stafford and Bill Jr.

And people call me a conspiracy theorist!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this elsewhere. People make too much out of not getting Coach A and having to settle for Coach B. In the real world this happens all the time. I look at it as a choice between super models or bottles of single malt. Sure I might have wanted a Glenmorangie but all they had was Oban. Either way I am getting one excellent glass of comfort and joy.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.

January 18th, 2014, 1:17 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The phone calls from Dungy, Peyton, etc.. were part of the background check. You call around to other people in the league and get their opinion on them. Zimmer has been the victim of this, because many believe he's an excellent coordinator and would make a great coach, but he might be too harsh for some sensitive players in a locker room. We'll see if that had any merit the last decade or so this season in Minnesota.

And yes, Caldwell met everyone when he came here to visit. The interview with Whiz was done in San Diego and didn't include the Fords, so there needed to be a second. So of course you have the plane ready when he's scheduled to come meet. But between the scheduling and the actual meeting, Tennessee made an offer that is looking more and more like containing things we weren't going to offer, so ce la vie.

January 18th, 2014, 2:12 pm
RIP Killer

What's done is done. No use arguing about how and why it happened.....it happened. Caldwell is the new HC, and will be for probably the next 4-5 years.

Time to move on.

January 23rd, 2014, 2:50 pm
NFL Team Captain

I hate the hire, first time in a long time that I really could care less for the season to start. I've started the 4 year countdown until we hire the next coach and start the "rebuild". It's a shame too, we have so much talent. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we will all see pretty quickly that Caldwell is in over his head.

January 26th, 2014, 8:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
I hate the hire, first time in a long time that I really could care less for the season to start. I've started the 4 year countdown until we hire the next coach and start the "rebuild". It's a shame too, we have so much talent. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we will all see pretty quickly that Caldwell is in over his head.

who would you have hired?

January 27th, 2014, 4:26 pm
Div 1 - Starter

hey, they could have hired josh mcdaniels, wouldnt that have been just magnificent........ :P

January 27th, 2014, 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6