View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Noah's Ark, before Noah... 
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Post Re: Noah's Ark, before Noah...
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Sorry, I'm just going to ask one little question and then step out... Because I haven't read ALL of the postings yet.

Why is Atheism fighting so hard against a God they claim doesn't exist? If he doesn't exist, then what are they fighting?

Sorry I asked two. But I'll be back later, time permitting.

I know, right. We don't see Jews and Christians and Muslims and Hindus crapping on each other here (or have I missed something?).

So many Atheists are the whiniest little b----es. "Our faith is better than anything. We want to be sure to insult other religions as often as we can. We think everyone else's religion should die. Our belief system isn't a faith, it's something better."

I wish Lionbacker had a much larger viewing public. The more people that can see our self absorbed Atheists, the better for our side.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.

January 29th, 2014, 5:37 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

January 29th, 2014, 6:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TruckinMack wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Sorry, I'm just going to ask one little question and then step out... Because I haven't read ALL of the postings yet.

Why is Atheism fighting so hard against a God they claim doesn't exist? If he doesn't exist, then what are they fighting?

Sorry I asked two. But I'll be back later, time permitting.

I know, right. We don't see Jews and Christians and Muslims and Hindus crapping on each other here (or have I missed something?).

So many Atheists are the whiniest little b----es. "Our faith is better than anything. We want to be sure to insult other religions as often as we can. We think everyone else's religion should die. Our belief system isn't a faith, it's something better."

I wish Lionbacker had a much larger viewing public. The more people that can see our self absorbed Atheists, the better for our side.

More than enough people see Bill Maher to make your point obvious to the masses...so no worries on needing a bigger audience to see the pompousnus of certain athiests.

Personally I think anyone that closes the idea of options out of their mind is....not smart. I am a christian and I believe what i believe for reasons...but ill never tell anyone im right and they are wrong...I'll only tell you what i believe. I dont know everything and I have been wrong in the past...and will be wrong in the future. it doesnt change what i believe, but a Muslum is just as likely to be "right/wrong" as I am. When i take the dirt nap i'll find out for sure. no sense in fighting about it now.

January 29th, 2014, 6:50 pm

We all got jokes...

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned To her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike Up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total Stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, Or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask You a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same Stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns Out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, Thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which The little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know poop?"
And then she went back to reading her book.

The true irony of atheists... is they're always discussing God.

January 29th, 2014, 6:55 pm
QB Coach

I'm not wanting to argue the point I'm just trying to understand the thinking. Jay Seculo has been or will be arguing a case against Atheists in New York who state that the "Cross" found at the World Trade Center disaster, and placed in the museum has physically made them sick and so they are arguing pain and suffering. However, there is such a thing as Stress induced sickness, brought on by anxieties and issues of the mind. So I don't understand how something that "doesn't exist" is making them sick.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 29th, 2014, 6:57 pm

Blueskies wrote:

says the guy who can't even recognize that Atheism is a faith based system as well. (believing in nothing is STILL BELIEVING in something that can not be proven)untill you can figure out that BASIC most common of sense discoveries...you have no buisness having a theology discussion. sorry, but we cant talk algebra if you can't do addition and subtraction.

January 29th, 2014, 7:00 pm

By definition atheism is not faith. It is a lack of faith:

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Dark is the absence of light. It is not "non-light" it is just nothingness.

January 29th, 2014, 7:16 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm not wanting to argue the point I'm just trying to understand the thinking. Jay Seculo has been or will be arguing a case against Atheists in New York who state that the "Cross" found at the World Trade Center disaster, and placed in the museum has physically made them sick and so they are arguing pain and suffering. However, there is such a thing as Stress induced sickness, brought on by anxieties and issues of the mind. So I don't understand how something that "doesn't exist" is making them sick.

Weak minded? Emotionally distraught? Little Napoleon Complex? The mind reels.

January 29th, 2014, 7:47 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Blueskies wrote:
By definition atheism is not faith. It is a lack of faith:

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Dark is the absence of light. It is not "non-light" it is just nothingness.

I'm not even sure that you believe that you don't believe anything, but 'Hey, maybe that is the religious mantra of Atheists. Kind of like saying 'Ommmmm' calms and centers the troubled Hindu. Atheists say, 'We don't believe in anything.', and then they feel much better...

...unless this is just you joking again. It's tough to know BS. You make so many jokes it is difficult to be sure.

January 29th, 2014, 7:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Technically speaking bs is right that Atheism is not a faith, it is a lack of faith.

Personally , as an agnostic, I enjoy reading about this type of stuff, as well as people opinions of it.

January 29th, 2014, 8:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
Technically speaking bs is right that Atheism is not a faith, it is a lack of faith.

Personally , as an agnostic, I enjoy reading about this type of stuff, as well as people opinions of it.

Agnostics have no faith. They don't even believe if they believe in a god. The truly "on the fence" people are the ones who can say that. It's not that atheist don't believe in god, they firmly believe there is no god. That my friend is faith, no matter how you twist any definition around.

Look at what BS has put in this thread. Do you thinks he has any doubt that what he is saying is absolute truth? Yet, and this is the cold truth, he doesn't know any more than I do, or you do, or anyone alive. But reading his words he is absolutely correct, and those that disagree are plain stupid. Until someone proves it one way or the other, How is that anything but faith?

January 29th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

DJ-B wrote:

Technically speaking you are wrong. Atheists do not lack faith, they have a strong faith in that God isn't. They do not have no faith, no opinion, or no belief. They strongly, adamantly, and in BS's case, as extremely rudely as possible believe that there is no God. That is a belief, a faith. One who states, "I dunno and I don't care" might be said to lack faith, but Atheists most definitely have faith. They just are loath to admit it.

January 29th, 2014, 9:26 pm
QB Coach

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into an atheism brawl...

Back to Pablo's post: What is the accuracy rate of carbon dating? I'm intrigued how all these people, much smarter than myself, have come up with all of these dates for different items. I've heard a theory that dates are "chosen" based upon the discovery. Human bones from 4,000 years ago, aren't quite as sexy as bones from 9,000 years ago, so in order to make the bigger splash to enhance the funding for research, they add a thousand years or more to make it the next big discovery. Now this brings the integrity of the scientists into question, and there isn't a way to really quantify that, but it does add a fly in the soup, does it not?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 29th, 2014, 11:41 pm
QB Coach

TruckinMack wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

Technically speaking you are wrong. Atheists do not lack faith, they have a strong faith in that God isn't. They do not have no faith, no opinion, or no belief. They strongly, adamantly, and in BS's case, as extremely rudely as possible believe that there is no God. That is a belief, a faith. One who states, "I dunno and I don't care" might be said to lack faith, but Atheists most definitely have faith. They just are loath to admit it.

You're making a lot of broad sweeping claims about atheists that aren't really fair. Your statement that atheists "strongly, adamantly, and...as extremely rudely as possible believe that there is no God" is not at all a description of all atheists. Rather, I think it's a description of people that are more extreme, and frankly if someone is rude about it, they are just that: rude. There are rude Christians as well. People that want to cram their beliefs down others throats and demean them if they don't agree. It goes both ways. You may have more experience with atheists acting in the way you describe, but it certainly doesn't describe all, or I would argue, even a majority of atheists. To me, it's simply a case of that group of people being a vocal minority. Similarly, I think most Christians simply live their lives the way they think is best and leave it at that without making a big fuss about it, and we never really hear about them. What we do hear about are the crazy Christians damning everyone who doesn't believe like they do to hell, and those people are definitely the minority.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's a very good idea to make broad generalizations about a pretty big group of people. Depending on the survey, atheists (or people who are consider their religion "nothing in particular") are anywhere from 6%-20% of the US population. That's a roughly 18 million - 60 million people. Surely you don't think everyone in that group behaves the same way, right?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 30th, 2014, 3:59 am
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
You're making a lot of broad sweeping claims about atheists that aren't really fair. Your statement that atheists "strongly, adamantly, and...as extremely rudely as possible believe that there is no God" is not at all a description of all atheists. Rather, I think it's a description of people that are more extreme, and frankly if someone is rude about it, they are just that: rude. There are rude Christians as well. People that want to cram their beliefs down others throats and demean them if they don't agree. It goes both ways. You may have more experience with atheists acting in the way you describe, but it certainly doesn't describe all, or I would argue, even a majority of atheists. To me, it's simply a case of that group of people being a vocal minority. Similarly, I think most Christians simply live their lives the way they think is best and leave it at that without making a big fuss about it, and we never really hear about them. What we do hear about are the crazy Christians damning everyone who doesn't believe like they do to hell, and those people are definitely the minority.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's a very good idea to make broad generalizations about a pretty big group of people. Depending on the survey, atheists (or people who are consider their religion "nothing in particular") are anywhere from 6%-20% of the US population. That's a roughly 18 million - 60 million people. Surely you don't think everyone in that group behaves the same way, right?
You did realize I was referring to Blueskies when I said in BS's case, as rudely as possible, yes?

I accept your premise that there exist Atheists who are only partially committed; only gently committed to their faith. It does not change my point, that they indeed do have a faith. Still, to all the gentle Atheists out there, I apologize for characterizing you as absolute when you are, indeed, partial. Regrets and regards, TM

January 30th, 2014, 4:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next