View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
I don't hold any conservative social positions. The closest I come is to opposing affirmative action and rabid new-age feminism. Also critical of Islam, but not because of my Christian beliefs.

The people that support conservative social positions are no longer in the majority, and more are dying every day. The only conservative social position that holds any relevance is opposition to abortion, every other issue, you look at people under the age of 30, and they overwhelmingly take the liberal side -- it isn't even close. And they aren't likely to change their mind when they get older.

Ironically, the group you could look to further a conservative social agenda are hispanic immigrants. And you want to keep those people out.

February 4th, 2014, 4:23 pm
Modmin Dude

TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly was that commercial pushing anything? IMO perhaps the perceived agenda of this (and other) ads is likely more a matter of interpretation.
If you don't see the commercial as encouraging multi-lingualism in America, then further discussion is irrelevant.
Agreed; unless of course you'd care to explain your side.
Już to zrobiłem. Najwyraźniej nie rozumiesz po angielsku ... lub po prostu nie chcą.
Że, a może jestem zbyt stary, aby małe rzeczy przeszkadza mi.

February 4th, 2014, 4:29 pm
RIP Killer

Not sure what y'all are talking about, but suddenly I'm craving a Pączki and it isn't even Fat Tuesday...

February 4th, 2014, 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Pablo wrote:
Not sure what y'all are talking about, but suddenly I'm craving a Pączki and it isn't even Fat Tuesday...
Dobrze!

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.

February 4th, 2014, 5:00 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly was that commercial pushing anything? IMO perhaps the perceived agenda of this (and other) ads is likely more a matter of interpretation.
If you don't see the commercial as encouraging multi-lingualism in America, then further discussion is irrelevant.
Już to zrobiłem. Najwyraźniej nie rozumiesz po angielsku ... lub po prostu nie chcą.

Być może. To nie jest tak, że nie rozumiem, swoje myśli, a nawet całkowicie się nie zgadzam. Rozumiem też myśli o tych, którzy są podrażnione, choć nie w pełni się z nimi zgadzam.

Powinniśmy pisać częściej w języku polskim. Wydaje się bardziej przyjazny język.

February 4th, 2014, 5:06 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Blueskies wrote:
I don't hold any conservative social positions.
Newsflash!

Blueskies wrote:
The people that support conservative social positions are no longer in the majority, and more are dying every day.
Liberalism is making Conservatives by the legion. As the young are leaving the nests of Liberalism in grade school and college, they are learning to think for themselves... and voila, Conservatives. It is nothing new. The old Churchill quote, A 20 year old who is Conservative has no heart. A 40 year old who is a Liberal has no head. (You should read more history... ironically, the reason Liberals target the young. They have no sense of history.

Blueskies wrote:
Ironically, the group you could look to further a conservative social agenda are hispanic immigrants. And you want to keep those people out.
I want to keep out illegal immigrants, period. Liberals fail to understand the basic honesty of Conservatives.

February 4th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Quote:
Liberalism is making Conservatives by the legion. As the young are leaving the nests of Liberalism in grade school and college, they are learning to think for themselves... and voila, Conservatives. It is nothing new. The old Churchill quote, A 20 year old who is Conservative has no heart. A 40 year old who is a Liberal has no head. (You should read more history... ironically, the reason Liberals target the young. They have no sense of history.

When people get jobs and start making money they become "conservative" in the sense that they understand the desirability of low taxes.

But they do not adopt conservative social policies.

What happens is the issues change. 100 years ago, the conservative social issues were things like Jim Crow laws and opposition to Catholics, 50 years ago it was racial integration, today it's things like gay marriage and #speakamerican. 50 years from now, people who hold those positions today will mostly be dead, and society will have moved on. At that point the debate might be over things like genetically engineering ones' children, or cloning the family pet -- who knows.

February 4th, 2014, 6:32 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Blueskies wrote:
50 years from now, people who hold those positions today will mostly be dead, and society will have moved on. At that point the debate might be over things like genetically engineering ones' children, or cloning the family pet -- who knows.
Ever the Liberal. Forecasting and hoping for the death of Social Conservatives. Please keep posting.

Jim Crow laws, spearheaded by Liberal Democrats to control and dominate the public. Not unlike living under Totalitarian Liberalism today.

50 years ago we had Global Cooling. 50 years ago people were turning on, tuning in and dropping out. 30 years ago we had a President who just said 'No' to drugs.

Those things are so passe.

Now we have Hate Speech, Global Warming/Climate Change, Gay is Genetic, you cannot choose your sexuality. You can, however, choose your gender, slicing and attaching as needed. We also have a president saying just say 'no' to football because you could get brain damage... but smoke all the pot you want. Gosh Liberal social engineering is so wonderful. I cannot wait to see what other warped things that will be happening.

Most atheists, however, will still be denying that they have a faith, so some things will never change.

February 4th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Quote:
Jim Crow laws, spearheaded by Liberal Democrats to control and dominate the public. Not unlike living under Totalitarian Liberalism today.

Clearly you don't have the faintest understanding of history or political science. Until FDR's election in 1932, at least half the Democratic party was very conservative, and its conservatism continued for quite some time thereafter. This is why Strum Thurmound was originally a Democrat, but later switched to the Republican party. Political Science 101: political parties change drastically over time.

February 4th, 2014, 7:42 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Blueskies wrote:
Political Science 101: political parties change drastically over time.
Funny, Democrats seem as totalitarian as ever.

February 4th, 2014, 9:05 pm
Modmin Dude

TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Być może. To nie jest tak, że nie rozumiem, swoje myśli, a nawet całkowicie się nie zgadzam. Rozumiem też myśli o tych, którzy są podrażnione, choć nie w pełni się z nimi zgadzam.

Powinniśmy pisać częściej w języku polskim. Wydaje się bardziej przyjazny język.
Zgoda, to jest bardzo przyjazny. Ale jeśli były do utrzymania komunikacji tak, będę musiał odwiedzić Rosetta Stone 8)

February 5th, 2014, 3:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:

Zgoda, to jest bardzo przyjazny. Ale jeśli były do utrzymania komunikacji tak, będę musiał odwiedzić Rosetta Stone 8)

Um this is an AMERICAN board for an AMERICAN sport dedicated to an AMERICAN team. all you feriners can go back to where ya came from and leave the place to us uneducated, uncultured, and incosiderate REAL americans!

/end sarcasm

the peeps who got upset about an international company singing a FANTATASTIC piece of music about how great our nation is, have to be some of the most ignorant and close minded inidiviuals i can imagine. "ER MER GERRRD! PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE ARE FINDING OUT ABOUT OUR AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN! MAKE IT STOP! THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem. These are the people telling others they dont belong here???? simply amazing that such stupidity still exists in todays world. I find the whole complaint issue just plain sad...

February 5th, 2014, 5:46 pm
RIP Killer

Good thing they didn't sing God Bless America since it was written by a Russian. Or My Country Tis of Thee, taken from the tune God Save the Queen. Then again, the music from God Bless America was originally written for Materna, for the hymn O Mother dear, Jerusalem!

Hey, at least the good old Statue of Liberty was made here in America for Americans... Oh wait!

BTW - this "Um this is an AMERICAN board for an AMERICAN sport dedicated to an AMERICAN team" wasn't founded by an American citizen.

The outrage!!!

February 5th, 2014, 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
Good thing they didn't sing God Bless America since it was written by a Russian. Or My Country Tis of Thee, taken from the tune God Save the Queen. Then again, the music from God Bless America was originally written for Materna, for the hymn O Mother dear, Jerusalem!

Hey, at least the good old Statue of Liberty was made here in America for Americans... Oh wait!

BTW - this "Um this is an AMERICAN board for an AMERICAN sport dedicated to an AMERICAN team" wasn't founded by an American citizen.

The outrage!!!

THATS IT! IM SUING SOMEBODY!!!! ~ insert emoticon with a dunce cap on getting hit by a train...then eaten by rats.

February 5th, 2014, 6:25 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

regularjoe12 wrote:
the peeps who got upset about an international company singing a FANTATASTIC piece of music about how great our nation is, have to be some of the most ignorant and close minded inidiviuals i can imagine. "ER MER GERRRD! PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE ARE FINDING OUT ABOUT OUR AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN! MAKE IT STOP! THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem. These are the people telling others they dont belong here???? simply amazing that such stupidity still exists in todays world. I find the whole complaint issue just plain sad...

Maybe we should disband the US Congress, SCOTUS and Office of the President, and just do what the UN tells us to do.
Maybe we should disband border security and let people come and go as they please.
Heck, get rid of voter ID altogether and just let anyone who shows up at the voting booth cast a ballot.
Maybe we should fly other nations flags at our schools and federal buildings, you know, just to show that we are a multicultural nation.

Oddly, we are really close to these already.

February 5th, 2014, 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next