View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 8:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014 
Author Message
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3712
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
TruckinMack wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
the peeps who got upset about an international company singing a FANTATASTIC piece of music about how great our nation is, have to be some of the most ignorant and close minded inidiviuals i can imagine. "ER MER GERRRD! PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE ARE FINDING OUT ABOUT OUR AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN! MAKE IT STOP! THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem. These are the people telling others they dont belong here???? simply amazing that such stupidity still exists in todays world. I find the whole complaint issue just plain sad...

Maybe we should disband the US Congress, SCOTUS and Office of the President, and just do what the UN tells us to do.
Maybe we should disband border security and let people come and go as they please.
Heck, get rid of voter ID altogether and just let anyone who shows up at the voting booth cast a ballot.
Maybe we should fly other nations flags at our schools and federal buildings, you know, just to show that we are a multicultural nation.

Oddly, we are really close to these already.


And none of what you put here has anything to do with a multi national company making a multi lingual commercial...that was aired internationally.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 6th, 2014, 12:28 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
regularjoe12 wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
the peeps who got upset about an international company singing a FANTATASTIC piece of music about how great our nation is, have to be some of the most ignorant and close minded inidiviuals i can imagine. "ER MER GERRRD! PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE ARE FINDING OUT ABOUT OUR AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN! MAKE IT STOP! THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem. These are the people telling others they dont belong here???? simply amazing that such stupidity still exists in todays world. I find the whole complaint issue just plain sad...

Maybe we should disband the US Congress, SCOTUS and Office of the President, and just do what the UN tells us to do.
Maybe we should disband border security and let people come and go as they please.
Heck, get rid of voter ID altogether and just let anyone who shows up at the voting booth cast a ballot.
Maybe we should fly other nations flags at our schools and federal buildings, you know, just to show that we are a multicultural nation.

Oddly, we are really close to these already.


And none of what you put here has anything to do with a multi national company making a multi lingual commercial...that was aired internationally.
Giggles. Say multi-national again.

Coca cola, an American icon, produced that commercial to be played specifically during the Super Bowl, another American icon, for an American audience... and many Americans were irritated that the US was shown to be not an English speaking nation, but a multi-lingual nation. Go figure.

Would Toyota make that commercial?

That you are mimicking BS type outrage and insult does not improve your argument. The irritation of Americans has absolutely nothing to do with "THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" or "These are the people telling others they dont belong here?" (Which, by the way, applies only to illegal immigrants.) Your description of people as racist or xenophobic because their picture of America is an English speaking nation is a lie. It is the exact same lie that Liberals use when they say Republicans have a 'War on Women' for supporting a baby's right to live. Or that Conservatives hate immigrants because we want to protect the voting process with Voter ID. The irritation had nothing to do with seeing America as a melting pot and everything to do with America not being American.

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


February 6th, 2014, 6:39 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3712
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
TruckinMack wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
the peeps who got upset about an international company singing a FANTATASTIC piece of music about how great our nation is, have to be some of the most ignorant and close minded inidiviuals i can imagine. "ER MER GERRRD! PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE ARE FINDING OUT ABOUT OUR AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN! MAKE IT STOP! THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem. These are the people telling others they dont belong here???? simply amazing that such stupidity still exists in todays world. I find the whole complaint issue just plain sad...

Maybe we should disband the US Congress, SCOTUS and Office of the President, and just do what the UN tells us to do.
Maybe we should disband border security and let people come and go as they please.
Heck, get rid of voter ID altogether and just let anyone who shows up at the voting booth cast a ballot.
Maybe we should fly other nations flags at our schools and federal buildings, you know, just to show that we are a multicultural nation.

Oddly, we are really close to these already.


And none of what you put here has anything to do with a multi national company making a multi lingual commercial...that was aired internationally.
Giggles. Say multi-national again.

Coca cola, an American icon, produced that commercial to be played specifically during the Super Bowl, another American icon, for an American audience... and many Americans were irritated that the US was shown to be not an English speaking nation, but a multi-lingual nation. Go figure.

Would Toyota make that commercial?

That you are mimicking BS type outrage and insult does not improve your argument. The irritation of Americans has absolutely nothing to do with "THEY TERK ER JERRRBS!" or "These are the people telling others they dont belong here?" (Which, by the way, applies only to illegal immigrants.) Your description of people as racist or xenophobic because their picture of America is an English speaking nation is a lie. It is the exact same lie that Liberals use when they say Republicans have a 'War on Women' for supporting a baby's right to live. Or that Conservatives hate immigrants because we want to protect the voting process with Voter ID. The irritation had nothing to do with seeing America as a melting pot and everything to do with America not being American.


Multi national. You're welcome.

You say coke is an American icon...are you under the impression that this huge international company isn't an icon in other countries as well?

Toyota absolutely could make this type of commercial but won't. This commercial made sense, car commercials certainly did not during the Super Bowl (we actually started taking bets on what the commercials were about during the SB since most of them had nothing to do with their product until the very end.).

And please explain to me how singing America the beautiful in multipl languages makes America not American please? I can't make any sense of that Whatsoever. I'm having trouble seeing how it is anything but the melting pot.

The idea that America ONLY speak English is downright rediculous. Have you ever been to Deerborn? Good luck finding a shop without Arabic writing all over the storefront. Also see Chinatown in any large American city. How much do you want to bet you hear mandarin or Cantonese in the background. But even though the vast majority of those people are citizens, I guess they don't count as Americans eh? Damn you coke and you thinking you should include everyone to try and get more profits! How unAmerican!


Like I said I find the whole thing sad. About as sad as the outrage Cherios received for their biracial family commercial. It's not about America being America. It's about small minded people getting upset because of their own ignorance. Once again I'd like to remind you, the majority of the people pissed online also think America the beautiful is our national anthem. Go ahead and try and make those people sound intelligent. Good luck.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 6th, 2014, 9:23 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11942
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014





http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories ... ltop-story

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


February 6th, 2014, 10:04 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
Awesome commercials and thank-you for supporting my POV. Regards.

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


February 6th, 2014, 10:31 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11942
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
TruckinMack wrote:
Awesome commercials and thank-you for supporting my POV. Regards.
Curious as to how posting these videos supports your POV.

Did you know the original 'Teach the World to Sing' commercial was filmed in England?

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


February 6th, 2014, 10:43 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
regularjoe12 wrote:
Multi national. You're welcome.
Thank-you.

regularjoe12 wrote:
You say Coke is an American icon...are you under the impression that this huge international company isn't an icon in other countries as well?
The commercial played on American television.

regularjoe12 wrote:
Toyota absolutely could make this type of commercial but won't.
but they did not and will not because they do not want to have a Japanese company offending Americans.

regularjoe12 wrote:
And please explain to me how singing America the beautiful in multipl languages makes America not American please? I can't make any sense of that Whatsoever. I'm having trouble seeing how it is anything but the melting pot.
I already did. The you have either short term memory or comprehension issues is not my fault. Our problem is you see a fitting representation of America as an international institution. As such there is no such thing as America. We are everywhere and everything. You might as well swap out the statue of Liberty and the Stars and Stripes for the Leaning Tower of Pisa and a pair of sweat sox.

regularjoe12 wrote:
The idea that America ONLY speak English is downright rediculous. Have you ever been to Deerborn? Good luck finding a shop without Arabic writing all over the storefront. Also see Chinatown in any large American city. How much do you want to bet you hear mandarin or Cantonese in the background. But even though the vast majority of those people are citizens, I guess they don't count as Americans eh? Damn you coke and you thinking you should include everyone to try and get more profits! How unAmerican!
Yep, lying, spinning and distorting again and again to make your point. I've no problem with other countries coming to America to be American. Like the generation of immigrants before me, I am honored to speak English. Why you have such hate for the ideals of my forefathers is astounding.

regularjoe12 wrote:
Like I said I find the whole thing sad. About as sad as the outrage Cherios received for their biracial family commercial. It's not about America being America. It's about small minded people getting upset because of their own ignorance. Once again I'd like to remind you, the majority of the people pissed online also think America the beautiful is our national anthem. Go ahead and try and make those people sound intelligent. Good luck.
And now you've gone completely BS with 'small minded' and 'ignorant'. When you have no point to make, be insulting. It worked on the elementary school playground. Maybe it will work again.

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


Last edited by TruckinMack on February 6th, 2014, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.



February 6th, 2014, 10:46 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
Awesome commercials and thank-you for supporting my POV. Regards.
Curious as to how posting these videos supports your POV.
How could it not support my POV. It is your twisted logic that says I hate other cultures or other people. That Coke commercial from a lifetime ago was multi-racial and it was beloved... and still is. (Note that it is in English. The uproar isn't about different people coming to America. For some reason you want to distort the irritation to fit your preconceived notion of hateful Americans.)

TheRealWags wrote:
Did you know the original 'Teach the World to Sing' commercial was filmed in England?
Still awesome and still in English. I like the symbolism of England (essentially the father of America) celebrating the greatest of the American ideal, 'Give us your poor, your hungry, your huddled masses.'

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


February 6th, 2014, 10:54 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3712
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
Quote:
The commercial played on American television.


So is pokemon...are you really suggesting that since something speaks another language on american television it is anti american? Whats your opinion on TeleMundo? Im curious...

Quote:
I already did. The you have either short term memory or comprehension issues is not my fault. Our problem is you see a fitting representation of America as an international institution. As such there is no such thing as America. We are everywhere and everything. You might as well swap out the statue of Liberty and the Stars and Stripes for the Leaning Tower of Pisa and a pair of sweat sox.


where the heck are you comming up with your conclusions? What you put here makes absolutly no sense! our citizens speaking many languages are no threat whatsoever of the American lifestyle. I seriously dont have a clue on how you are comming up with your conclusions....you are connecting dots...when the game we're playing is checkers. As long as they DO speak english why does it bother you SO MUCH that people can speak other languages? why does Coca Cola recognizing this in America offend you so much?


Quote:
Quote:
The idea that America ONLY speak English is downright rediculous. Have you ever been to Deerborn? Good luck finding a shop without Arabic writing all over the storefront. Also see Chinatown in any large American city. How much do you want to bet you hear mandarin or Cantonese in the background. But even though the vast majority of those people are citizens, I guess they don't count as Americans eh? Damn you coke and you thinking you should include everyone to try and get more profits! How unAmerican!

Yep, lying, spinning and distorting again and again to make your point. I've no problem with other countries coming to America to be American. Like the generation of immigrants before me, I am honored to speak English. Why you have such hate for the ideals of my forefathers is astounding


If your going to call me a liar and a distorter of truth at least have the decency to point out the lie, or the distortion of truth. I do not see any such thing in my post. (And Just for the record..Ole Ben Franklin spoke fluent French. It's actually you who don't understand the Ideals of our forefathers, judging from your posts here)

Quote:
Like I said I find the whole thing sad. About as sad as the outrage Cherios received for their biracial family commercial. It's not about America being America. It's about small minded people getting upset because of their own ignorance. Once again I'd like to remind you, the majority of the people pissed online also think America the beautiful is our national anthem. Go ahead and try and make those people sound intelligent. Good luck.
Quote:
And now you've gone completely BS with 'small minded' and 'ignorant'. When you have no point to make, be insulting. It worked on the elementary school playground. Maybe it will work again
.


I find it intersesting that you are defending what America should be and shouldn't be....yet find it offensive when I question the intelligence of its citizens who dont know what our national anthem is. Is there any in particular reason YOU find insult in this?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 6th, 2014, 12:13 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
(Sigh.) When intelligent discussion doesn't work, it is time to start fighting or start drinking.

Maybe I should let Scotch handle this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VteDp3IK-60

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


February 6th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Profile
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3114
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
TruckinMack wrote:
(Sigh.) When intelligent discussion doesn't work, it is time to start fighting or start drinking.

Maybe I should let Scotch handle this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VteDp3IK-60

Or perhaps when multiple people don't get the point you're trying to make, you examine the way in which you are communicating it and maybe try explaining it another way. I also don't get the outrage and I don't see what points you're making, so we've got at least 3 people here who don't get what you're saying.

(edited to add)
By the way, I found out today that I have a bit of a personal connection to the Coke ad. One of my wife's best friends works for the ad agency who does Coke's ads, and she worked on this one. She told us today that one of the pieces of inspiration they used for the ad was one of our wedding pictures. We're a mixed race couple (my wife is Chinese, I'm white American), and that was one of the of the bits of inspiration behind the ad. So it was a celebration of the multicultural background of the US. It is a country of immigrants, and it was celebrating that heritage. There was nothing anti-American or promoting anything other than the beauty of the melting pot that is America.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


February 6th, 2014, 1:31 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2622
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
I don't see why you guys can't understand Mack's point.

He wants America to be dominated by straight, white, Christian, English-speaking males. Anything that even casually suggests that isn't the case is highly offensive to his world view.

You might say, "Blueskies, that's absurd!"

Well then give me a better explanation.


February 6th, 2014, 2:38 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
Quote:
I get it. This is America. Speak English. I'm not so much outraged as I am peevish whenever a major company promotes Leftist ideas (that being America is or should be multilingual).

My grandfather and grandmother came over from Poland with their three sons. They went through Ellis Island and legally became American citizens. My mother was born here, and was raised fluent in Polish and English. After my mom and her younger brother, virtually none of the first born American children in this family spoke Polish. We were taught English because in America you spoke English and my Polish immigrant family was very proud to have become Americans.

Last summer I had a patient (who looked Hispanic and was fluent in English and Spanish) bring with him his 8 year old granddaughter and his wife (who also looked Hispanic). During treatment we needed to count to ten, at which point I asked the little girl if she could count to ten in Spanish. She looked at me and shook her head no. I turned to grandma and said, 'I think you might have a little work to do teaching her Spanish.' Grandma laughed and said, 'Don't look at me. My parents wouldn't teach me Spanish. I'm American. I was born in St. Louis.'

Both of these stories nicely show the mindset of so many immigrants who come here and want to legally become US citizens.

This demonstrates a White Male Polish immigrant's view and an Light brown/orangish, Female, Hispanic's view. That view, American's speak English. Maybe the Lionbackers don't get it because you are not immigrants and realize how cool it is to be American, you take it for granted. Or maybe you disagree, but your disagreement is so severe that you cannot understand another's viewpoint. Or maybe you are all brain damaged and have trouble problem solving. Or maybe you don't want to get it because you are such sick twisted F***s that you would rather be insulting. (Mostly BS on this one.) I don't know, maybe each of you has a different reason. Perhaps I should repost in Polish.

TDJ: The scotch ad was both a humerus gesture and and excellent presentation of coming to America and learning English.

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


February 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3712
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
TruckinMack wrote:
Quote:
I get it. This is America. Speak English. I'm not so much outraged as I am peevish whenever a major company promotes Leftist ideas (that being America is or should be multilingual).

My grandfather and grandmother came over from Poland with their three sons. They went through Ellis Island and legally became American citizens. My mother was born here, and was raised fluent in Polish and English. After my mom and her younger brother, virtually none of the first born American children in this family spoke Polish. We were taught English because in America you spoke English and my Polish immigrant family was very proud to have become Americans.

Last summer I had a patient (who looked Hispanic and was fluent in English and Spanish) bring with him his 8 year old granddaughter and his wife (who also looked Hispanic). During treatment we needed to count to ten, at which point I asked the little girl if she could count to ten in Spanish. She looked at me and shook her head no. I turned to grandma and said, 'I think you might have a little work to do teaching her Spanish.' Grandma laughed and said, 'Don't look at me. My parents wouldn't teach me Spanish. I'm American. I was born in St. Louis.'

Both of these stories nicely show the mindset of so many immigrants who come here and want to legally become US citizens.

This demonstrates a White Male Polish immigrant's view and an Light brown/orangish, Female, Hispanic's view. That view, American's speak English. Maybe the Lionbackers don't get it because you are not immigrants and realize how cool it is to be American, you take it for granted. Or maybe you disagree, but your disagreement is so severe that you cannot understand another's viewpoint. Or maybe you are all brain damaged and have trouble problem solving. Or maybe you don't want to get it because you are such sick twisted F***s that you would rather be insulting. (Mostly BS on this one.) I don't know, maybe each of you has a different reason. Perhaps I should repost in Polish.

TDJ: The scotch ad was both a humerus gesture and and excellent presentation of coming to America and learning English.


First off...You stay classy San Diego! Ever so charming...


Where in the Coke commercial does is say that English isn't America's language? Doesn't it START in English? Is there something wrong with embracing your roots, and still embracing the American way of life? English is the standard language of this country, and rightfully so, but why is it so shamefull to be bi-ligual in todays America? Why the outrage over the fact that millions of americans speak multiple languages.

To put this in perspective for you ( this might help you understand where im comming from, because clearly your not understanding why i dont get the outrage)
It REALLY bothered me hearing Celine Dion sing the national Anthem. She is (at least was at the time) a Canadian citizen. Not A dual citizenship (once again...at least at that time) but a full bore Canadian. I have nothing against Canadians, and was not outraged in any sense of the word, but it bothered me that a non-American was singing our National Anthem to REAL Americans. So I get where some of the more confused people might be mistakenly upset. But this was NOT our Anthem. this is simply a song about .....well...how Beautiful America is. The song was done well (meaning not low budget or poor quality) and sung in English as well as the 2nd, and 3rd (ect) most popular languages ALSO spoken in the country. I simply dont get why this song is a divider more than it is something that kinda brings us all together.

Very very few Americans are from a descent that actually comes from this continent. I think it is awesome that all of our heritages can be brought together and celebrated. But these knumbskulls who dont even know what our national anthem is...are trying to ruin that. And once again...I find that very sad.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 6th, 2014, 6:01 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
regularjoe12 wrote:
First off...You stay classy San Diego! Ever so charming...
Get called stupid, small minded, ignorant, racist and xenophobic a few more times and I'll get even less classy. You want charming? Stay pleasant. You want to get in a pissing match. I can do that, too.

regularjoe12 wrote:
Where in the Coke commercial does it say that English isn't America's language? Doesn't it START in English? Is there something wrong with embracing your roots, and still embracing the American way of life? English is the standard language of this country, and rightfully so...
So far we are in agreement.

regularjoe12 wrote:
...why is it so shamefull to be biligual in today's America? Why the outrage over the fact that millions of Americans speak multiple languages.
That is not why some are outraged, though I am merely peeved. People are irritated (to varying degrees) because America is being presented as every culture. You seem to be happy about this. I am not. I think there is a certain essence that is America starting with a place to freely and openly worship as we please all the way to starting dirt poor and ending filthy rich. Part of this essence is the English language.

regularjoe12 wrote:
To put this in perspective for you (this might help you understand where I'm coming from, because clearly your not understanding why I don't get the outrage)
I do get where you are coming from. I do get why you are not irritated. I understand your POV when it comes to not being upset. I simply disagree with you. That you do not understand my POV is baffling to the extreme. I get why you disagree. I don't get why you do not understand.


regularjoe12 wrote:
It REALLY bothered me hearing Celine Dion sing the national Anthem. She is (at least was at the time) a Canadian citizen. Not A dual citizenship (once again...at least at that time) but a full bore Canadian. I have nothing against Canadians, and was not outraged in any sense of the word, but it bothered me that a non-American was singing our National Anthem to REAL Americans.
I didn't mind Celine singing our national anthem. Another part of my hertiage that I have not mentioned is I am also part Canadian, on my father's side. I've heard the star spangled banner sung by Canadian's for most of my life. Thinking about it I wouldn't mind anyone of any country singing the Star Spangled Banner. It is quite a compliment. Still, I understand your POV, even though I disagree with it.

regularjoe12 wrote:
So I get where some of the more confused people might be mistakenly upset.
What confused people are you talking about? Are people confused simply because they disagree with you or is there someone specific to whom you are referring?

regularjoe12 wrote:
But this was NOT our Anthem. this is simply a song about .....well...how Beautiful America is. The song was done well (meaning not low budget or poor quality) and sung in English as well as the 2nd, and 3rd (ect) most popular languages ALSO spoken in the country. I simply don't get why this song is a divider more than it is something that kinda brings us all together.
It's not the song. It's the premise that America does not have a mother tongue, a language that unites us as a people. A language that immigrants who come here should learn in their quest to be American. You can speak as many languages as you would like, but if you wish to be American, speak English.

regularjoe12 wrote:
Very very few Americans are from a descent that actually comes from this continent. I think it is awesome that all of our heritages can be brought together and celebrated. But these numbskulls who don't even know what our national anthem is...are trying to ruin that. And once again...I find that very sad.
You alluded earlier to 'confused' people and now are starting to drift further into BS territory by calling them 'numbskulls'. To whom are you referring and why are you calling them names?

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


February 6th, 2014, 6:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.