View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Best Super Bowl Commercials 2014
I liked the Doberhuahua commercial the best. I LOL'd out loud.

February 6th, 2014, 10:23 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

aManNamedSuh wrote:
I liked the Doberhuahua commercial the best. I LOL'd out loud.
Holt S%#<! Did someone just go on topic in Off Topic? I had not seen or heard of the Doberhuahua commercial. Agree it is hillarious.

February 7th, 2014, 3:07 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
Get called stupid, small minded, ignorant, racist and xenophobic a few more times and I'll get even less classy. You want charming? Stay pleasant. You want to get in a pissing match. I can do that, too.

Really? who has been calling you those names? Certainly you dont mean me, as since you have been calling out other about their reading comprehension yours must be top notch. and when I said

Quote:
If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem.

Quote:
It's about small minded people getting upset because of their own ignorance. Once again I'd like to remind you, the majority of the people pissed online also think America the beautiful is our national anthem.

Quote:
I find it intersesting that you are defending what America should be and shouldn't be....yet find it offensive when I question the intelligence of its citizens who dont know what our national anthem is.

Quote:
But these knumbskulls who dont even know what our national anthem is...

I THOUGHT I was being pretty clear on who I was insulting (And rightfully so). I never assumed you to be amongst those numbers, and even directly asked you

Quote:
Is there any in particular reason YOU find insult in this?

You have me wonderting if i was wrong in my assumptions.

Now that we are past THAT....your most recent post was much clearer and once you stopped with extreme exagerations I could at least understand your point a bit. I think it's clear that we dont agree, but at least now i get your point. thank you.

when you said
Quote:
People are irritated (to varying degrees) because America is being presented as every culture

I got a little confused. Isnt American culture exactly that? We have no history beyond 1776. Our cultures, historys, traditions are alomst ALL from other countries. the melding of all those is what made our country so great is it not? That is what made us unique and allowed us to grow and prosper so much. Why is that a bad thing now?

February 7th, 2014, 11:21 am
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
Really? who has been calling you names? Certainly you don't mean me, as ...when I said... If you look at the vast majority of the peeps complaining about it on the internet they also call "America The Beautiful" our national anthem.
The vast majority? Really. I've read the complaints and at best you could cite them as the vast minority. This is where you begin to distort the facts to fit your preconceived biases.
Quote:
It's about small minded people getting upset because of their own ignorance. Once again I'd like to remind you, the majority of the people pissed online also think America the beautiful is our national anthem.
There are two separate and distinct thoughts in those separate and distinct sentences. One is that people (like me) are small minded and ignorant. (A specific and gross insult.) The second is that the majority of the people irritated think America the Beautiful is our national anthem. (Which is a lie.)
Quote:
I find it interesting that you are defending what America should be and shouldn't be....yet find it offensive when I question the intelligence of its citizens who don't know what our national anthem is.
I find it offensive that you choose to lie and insult those with whom you disagree, and then you twist and distort facts to fit your preconceived notions (and now you twist and distort your own posts to seem an innocent virgin. Heck, even BS doesn't pretend to be a virgin.)
Quote:
But these numbskulls who don't even know what our national anthem is... I THOUGHT I was being pretty clear on who I was insulting (And rightfully so). I never assumed you to be amongst those numbers, and even directly asked you... Is there any in particular reason YOU find insult in this?
If indeed you were upset that a small minority of people were confusing the National Anthem with America the Beautiful, then I should apologize. (I don't, however, believe you.) That did and does not seem the import of your disrespect. It seems you are angry with everyone who is irritated with the multilingual commercial, and are insulting us by stating that most of us do not know our National Anthem. (Though truly I understand how some people might confuse America the Beautiful with the Star Spangled Banner if they were not closely paying attention. They are both songs celebrating the greatness that is America.)
Quote:
You have me wondering if i was wrong in my assumptions.
Nope, you are wrong on owning up to your own statements and to your desire to insult those who disagree with you.

Quote:
Now that we are past THAT....your most recent post was much clearer and once you stopped with extreme exaggerations I could at least understand your point a bit. I think it's clear that we don't agree, but at least now i get your point. thank you.
Cool. Common ground.

Quote:
When you said "People are irritated (to varying degrees) because America is being presented as every culture..." I got a little confused. Isn't American culture exactly that? We have no history beyond 1776. Our cultures, history, traditions are almost ALL from other countries. the melding of all those is what made our country so great is it not? That is what made us unique and allowed us to grow and prosper so much. Why is that a bad thing now?
To repeat, "I think there is a certain essence that is America starting with a place to freely and openly worship as we please all the way to starting dirt poor and ending filthy rich. Part of this essence is the English language." Your viewpoint seems to be that 'America' is what anybody from anywhere says it is. Alas, you and I end in yet another disagreement. Such is life at Lionbacker.com.

February 7th, 2014, 12:31 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Dolphin, Dothraki and Klingon. Kinda brings a tear to my eye.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18mS4cLPOb8

February 8th, 2014, 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4