View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jahvid Best suing NFL and Riddell 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Jahvid Best suing NFL and Riddell
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I've lost a ton of respect for Jahvid Best. I have little to no respect for the former players who have sued.

Everyone knows the dangers involved with playing football. Same as everyone knows the dangers of smoking cigarettes. To state that you had no idea is a pure unadulterated lie. Best knew from his college days the dangers involved. Most players know well before that.

Best got paid a boatload of cash for very little output on the field and he should have taken better care of his money. Just like all the others, this is a cash grab from greedy players who feel that the game somehow owes them a living well beyond their playing days.
d
I hope he gets hit by a truck.

LOL @ you caring that much. You hope he dies because he is suing a helmet manufacturer, something that has nothing to do you?

It has EVERYTHING to do with all of us. It is a furthering of the ridiculousness of our society in America today. Nobody can blame themselves, so they put the blame on someone else. Best wasn't forced to play football. And I'm sure nobody sat him down and said 'listen, this helmet will prevent you from every getting a concussion, no matter what.'

I despise people without a sense of accountability for their own actions, and their own mistakes. He knew the risks, he knew the possibilities.

And it affects ALL of us because stuff like this will have an affect on ticket prices, and the game itself. We've already seen the impact these types of law suits have had on the game. If they don't feel their health is worth millions of dollars, then do something else. If they think they have it tough, then train to be a firefighter or do what Pat Tillman did, and become a soldier.

So, yeah, I hope he gets hit by a truck. Never said I wanted him to die. But, in the words of Drago 'if he dies, he dies'.

February 8th, 2014, 8:28 am
Pop Warner Allstar

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I've lost a ton of respect for Jahvid Best. I have little to no respect for the former players who have sued.

Everyone knows the dangers involved with playing football. Same as everyone knows the dangers of smoking cigarettes. To state that you had no idea is a pure unadulterated lie. Best knew from his college days the dangers involved. Most players know well before that.

Best got paid a boatload of cash for very little output on the field and he should have taken better care of his money. Just like all the others, this is a cash grab from greedy players who feel that the game somehow owes them a living well beyond their playing days.
d

LOL @ you caring that much. You hope he dies because he is suing a helmet manufacturer, something that has nothing to do you?

It has EVERYTHING to do with all of us. It is a furthering of the ridiculousness of our society in America today. Nobody can blame themselves, so they put the blame on someone else. Best wasn't forced to play football. And I'm sure nobody sat him down and said 'listen, this helmet will prevent you from every getting a concussion, no matter what.'

I despise people without a sense of accountability for their own actions, and their own mistakes. He knew the risks, he knew the possibilities.

And it affects ALL of us because stuff like this will have an affect on ticket prices, and the game itself. We've already seen the impact these types of law suits have had on the game. If they don't feel their health is worth millions of dollars, then do something else. If they think they have it tough, then train to be a firefighter or do what Pat Tillman did, and become a soldier.

So, yeah, I hope he gets hit by a truck. Never said I wanted him to die. But, in the words of Drago 'if he dies, he dies'.

Nothing is more American than backing up your statement with a quote from a fictional Communist Russian boxer.

February 10th, 2014, 3:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

HechePipe wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

d

Nothing is more American than backing up your statement with a quote from a fictional Communist Russian boxer.

Im pretty sure you instantly are granted a Visa by quoting any line from ANY Rocky movie. Singing "Eye of the tiger" grants you immediate Social Security benefits!

February 10th, 2014, 3:56 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

regularjoe12 wrote:
HechePipe wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

d

Im pretty sure you instantly are granted a Visa by quoting any line from ANY Rocky movie. Singing "Eye of the tiger" grants you immediate Social Security benefits!

I might just be onto something here...
To borrow comparisons drawn earlier about the army, the army is basically a communist dictatorship. Everyone is paid equally on a scale, everyone is issued the same goods and services within the post, you can't sue the army. I guess if you want to live like society is the Army, there are plenty of countries with that going on and they hardly ever prosper. I guess the former USSR, if you really call that "prospering."
But the entire premise of Drago's character in Rocky was the antithesis of how America perceived itself in the 1980s. Drago represented, in the movie, how Americans felt about communism and the USSR at the time. So I guess to make an argument about how 'Merican society has gone to hell and should be taking advice from Drago... Is well... Slightly ironic, you see.
The context of the quote was not caring if Rocky lived or died during the fight. The portrayal of the American hero, Rocky, was a tough but fair sportsman, who wished to win, but wasn't aiming to kill Drago. At the time of the movie's release, the US was generally thought of as good guys of the world by much of Western Europe and by a lot of Eastern Europe, who wanted their independence from the grip of communism.
Now we've turned into Drago. If he dies, he dies.
Yup, I have to agree. Modern American society is garbage, thanks for doing your part, Karate guy.

February 10th, 2014, 6:25 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

To me, these lawsuits will benefit the game. Are ticket prices really going to be raised for a measly couple million dollars that Jahvid best is going to get? If they are, it's the owners blowing smoke up your rectum. The NFL rakes in BILLIONS in revenue with football being played exactly as it is right now. From a business standpoint, it would be stupid to change the game too much. Ford doesn't recall a million cars because of one electrical fire, does it?
Furthermore, if he sues Riddell, maybe Riddell makes a helmet that prevents concussions. It's called "quality control." If your lawsuit losses are greater than your net profits, maybe it's time to make a better helmet, huh? Maybe it's time to use your money to call down those NASA retirees that are making Tempurpedic mattresses and organic cookwear to design the sport a safer helmet?
So changing the game would be stupid from a money standpoint, from a PR standpoint and from a pure business standpoint. Not gonna happen right now, not gonna happen because of Jahvid Best.
Changing the helmets because Riddell owns the market on NFL helmets and perhaps they could implement some design changes to reduce concussions? More likely scenario, and why would anyone be against it? If they can make a safer football helmet, why not? Who is losing?
Do you really like to see a player take a hit, then crumble onto the turf and delay the game 15 minutes while they get the golf cart and put him on a stretcher? Drafting the next Barry Sanders and he ends up like Jahvid Best? What is so impressive about brain damage?

February 10th, 2014, 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2