View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 New Consoles 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post New Consoles
Anyone get any of them? I picked up an Xbox One. Waiting for Plants vs Zombies and Titanfall.

The Kinect voice commands are pretty cool, but finicky. You have to say the commands precisely or they won't work at all. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty cool though.

February 12th, 2014, 11:25 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: New Consoles
I went the PS4 route. I didnt like where Microsoft wants to take console gaming. They may have retracted most of the garbage they originally announced, but it kinda showed me their true colors so I am boycotting them this generation. My buddy has the XboxOne, and I must admit...it is a pretty impressive.

February 12th, 2014, 12:21 pm

I honestly wish Microsoft had stuck to their plans of a fully digital console. I understand the backlash, but as someone who has been PC gaming for a while, going completely digital ultimately allows for the price of games to come down. Steam sells PC games at 50-90% off largely because there's no used-game market. Buying a copy of Tomb Raider on Steam during a sale is actually cheaper than buying a used copy of the game at GameStop.

February 12th, 2014, 12:53 pm
NFL Veteran

Blueskies wrote:
I honestly wish Microsoft had stuck to their plans of a fully digital console. I understand the backlash, but as someone who has been PC gaming for a while, going completely digital ultimately allows for the price of games to come down. Steam sells PC games at 50-90% off largely because there's no used-game market. Buying a copy of Tomb Raider on Steam during a sale is actually cheaper than buying a used copy of the game at GameStop.

I'm also a big fan of the Steam model. Physical copies of games can be really annoying considering you can lose them in moves or damage them and if I'm having a lazy day playing video games I don't want to have to get up to change my disc.

February 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Modmin Dude

rao wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
I'm also a big fan of the Steam model. Physical copies of games can be really annoying considering you can lose them in moves or damage them and if I'm having a lazy day playing video games I don't want to have to get up to change my disc.
Agreed. I find it kinda funny that peeps seem to have no problem ditching the 3.5 floppy or Blu-Ray/DVD/CD-Rom drive in their computers or use the Cloud to store emails, passwords, contact info, etc but NO don't take away my video game disc! 8)

February 12th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Blueskies wrote:

the only issue with it that I had was the "always online" part of it. (dont get me wrong, I had issues with some of their other launch announcements as well.) PC's make sense to always be on, but a good portion of consoles still go without internet. thats a lot of people left without. people with crappy internet may never get through a single player game. our Military guys would be PS bound only...

I get where you are coming from, and the Steam market is AWESOME, I just dont think consoles are quite there yet as far as mandating them be online at this point.

February 12th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Yeah I understand that, but really, how often are you not without an Internet connection?

At this point, at least for me, the Internet is basically as integral to my life as electricity. The only times I don't have it is when I intentionally don't want it -- when I go hunting or something. If my Internet goes out, which happens maybe once or twice a year, I get just as upset as when I lose power.

February 12th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Blueskies wrote:
Yeah I understand that, but really, how often are you not without an Internet connection?

At this point, at least for me, the Internet is basically as integral to my life as electricity. The only times I don't have it is when I intentionally don't want it -- when I go hunting or something. If my Internet goes out, which happens maybe once or twice a year, I get just as upset as when I lose power.

Im with you as far as always having internet. I just consider it part of cable. I wont have one without the other. But in all fairness, im more fortunate than some of my friends in that respect. My REAL issue with their launch press confrence was their intentions with the Kinect. Microsoft was really taking a page from the NSA with that one. I'm all for facial recognition, untill you use it against me and not play a game cuz it doesnt recognize an owner of the game. plus it wants to spy on me to figure out what to advertise...at all times? not just when im playing my system? Hell, if Sly hacked my (would be) kinect he could start his own "ugly naked people" website from that alone! :oops:

February 12th, 2014, 6:56 pm

EA Access:

Seems like a no-brainer if you own an Xbox One.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea- ... n-xbox-one

Code:
We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play.  During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.*  It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

July 30th, 2014, 10:27 am
Team MVP

I have a PS4. I really like it. Cant stop playing Call of Duty.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 30th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Have you had a chance to try PS Now? Does it work well?

August 3rd, 2014, 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]