View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 8:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Delmas cut too 
Team MVP

Post Delmas cut too
Delmas is now gone too. Very good move. Hes not a bad player, but hes way overrated and not worth the money hes being paid. Lets go find us a REAL playmaker at the FS position now.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 13th, 2014, 4:53 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Delmas cut too
kdsberman wrote:
Delmas is now gone too. Very good move. Hes not a bad player, but hes way overrated and not worth the money hes being paid. Lets go find us a REAL playmaker at the FS position now.

Agreed. I never understood all the love he got. He was injured so much, and then went for highlight reel plays instead of just making tackles. I was never a big fan.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 13th, 2014, 5:01 pm
RIP Killer

I personally liked Delmas, probably more than most. He was a leader on and off the field. Sure he tried to set the tone on defense by making WRs pay when they caught the ball, but I've seen the Seahawks do the same thing. There is a difference, obviously there entire backfield can play ball - Delmas was often the only playmaker back there so he may have overcompensated at times.

But the dood had passion in abundance, that is why he got some love.

That said, he was one of the poster boys for the Schwartz era with talent, injuries, inconsistency and a bit impetuous...

Good luck Louis and stay healthy bro!

February 13th, 2014, 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
I personally liked Delmas, probably more than most. He was a leader on and off the field. Sure he tried to set the tone on defense by making WRs pay when they caught the ball, but I've seen the Seahawks do the same thing. There is a difference, obviously there entire backfield can play ball - Delmas was often the only playmaker back there so he may have overcompensated at times.

But the dood had passion in abundance, that is why he got some love.

That said, he was one of the poster boys for the Schwartz era with talent, injuries, inconsistency and a bit impetuous...

Good luck Louis and stay healthy bro!

I agree with all this. I don't dislike him. I guess I just always felt he was overrated or loved more than he should have been given what he actually contributed. When he was healthy, he was a solid player. He just wasn't healthy often enough.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 13th, 2014, 5:12 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Good thing he got used to the winter in Detroit--he's going to see even worse in Buffalo!

Last edited by thelomasbrowns on February 13th, 2014, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2014, 5:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Reports are that the Lions will bring him back if he's willing to sign for less.

February 13th, 2014, 5:32 pm
Team MVP

Yeah I think he'll come back for less. I'm just wondering why they aren't getting deals done before cutting the players. We don't have to be under the cap for the next month.

His rookie season was amazing and then he never played up to those expectations. I'd be ok bringing in someone new. At some point we have to have some consistency and chemistry in the secondary.

February 13th, 2014, 7:29 pm
Team MVP

So we saved about 11.5 with both of these moves. That puts us around $6m under the cap. That will give us about enough space to sign our rookies so we still have some moves to make. I wonder if we're positioning ourselves to make a splash on the free agent market? I'd rather we sign 2-3 mid level guys who can be contributors.

February 13th, 2014, 7:38 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
So we saved about 11.5 with both of these moves. That puts us around $6m under the cap. That will give us about enough space to sign our rookies so we still have some moves to make. I wonder if we're positioning ourselves to make a splash on the free agent market? I'd rather we sign 2-3 mid level guys who can be contributors.

The Lions better make some moves in free agency. Happy to have cut Delmas and Burleson, but clearly some moves now need to be made for CB, safety and WR. They need another stellar offseason and a draft at least as good as last year's.

February 13th, 2014, 8:16 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Never like Delmas and I'm happy to see him go. Yeah, he made some plays, but he left a lot on the field as well. He was out of position too often, took the wrong hole too often, but the only time you would hear his name was when he actually made a play. Tends to give a better impression than I feel was deserved.

February 14th, 2014, 8:33 pm
Team MVP

Just signed by the Dolphins for 1 year with a max value of $3.5 million.

March 10th, 2014, 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]