View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WR Julian Edelman 
Heisman Winner

Post WR Julian Edelman
Just heard via 97.1 that he couldn't come to terms with the Pats. Let's cross Lance Moore off this list and go this route. Younger, a little more durable and he gets open. A chain mover with good hands is what we desperately need.

March 11th, 2014, 2:50 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: WR Julian Edelman
yostevo wrote:
Just heard via 97.1 that he couldn't come to terms with the Pats. Let's cross Lance Moore off this list and go this route. Younger, a little more durable and he gets open. A chain mover with good hands is what we desperately need.

Id take him in a heart beat.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 11th, 2014, 3:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm a bit worried he's a product of Brady rather than a legit talent.

March 11th, 2014, 3:22 pm
Heisman Winner

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I'm a bit worried he's a product of Brady rather than a legit talent.

he gets open. Brady is just accurate enough to find him every time.

March 11th, 2014, 3:27 pm
RIP Killer

He scares me a bit, had a big year last year with 105 catches when Brady had basically no other weapons but in 2012 he had just 21 catches, 4 in 2011 and 7 in 2010 - all with the Pats. A one-year wonder looking for a payday?

At least he will only be 28 in May with little miles on the tires. Plus, he played QB at Kent State so could be a #3 option and the Lions might only need to keep 2 on the roster...

March 11th, 2014, 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Pablo wrote:
He scares me a bit, had a big year last year with 105 catches when Brady had basically no other weapons but in 2012 he had just 21 catches, 4 in 2011 and 7 in 2010 - all with the Pats. A one-year wonder looking for a payday?

At least he will only be 28 in May with little miles on the tires. Plus, he played QB at Kent State so could be a #3 option and the Lions might only need to keep 2 on the roster...

The league is all about opportunities and his meager numbers were a product of being buried on the depth chart. Even last year, they kept trotting out players to play over him and yet when those players would get hurt, and he'd step in and make catch after tough catch. If you watch the tape, he cannot be covered in small spaces. He separates so quickly in short bursts and will give Stafford a much needed safety valve.

Brady trusted him 105 times. Why wouldn't we?

March 11th, 2014, 4:35 pm
RIP Killer

I'm not saying he isn't worth looking at, I'm just pointing out some potential concerns. And why not trust him if Brady did 105 times, cause we don't have Brady for one.

The Pats are pretty good about identifying talent and maximizing it. Coach Bill didn't use him until he was forced to, he also didn't resign him. I've also seen plenty of Pats go elsewhere and really struggle to come anywhere near the production they had in New England.

I'm also not sure we need what he brings to the table as much as other needs, especially at WR. Bush and Bell are pretty damn good safety valves, as can be the TE (what was his role when they had a TE in NE?). If we are going to invest in a WR, I'd like it to be someone who can stretch the field and limit what a team can do against CJ.

March 11th, 2014, 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

This guy scarred me for life:

March 12th, 2014, 2:30 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I assume getting Tate kills this Edelman. I think we got the better of the two as far as flexibility.

March 12th, 2014, 4:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]