View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A Question of Money 
Varsity Captain

Post A Question of Money
The more that I look at it, the more I like the Tate signing. Other than the fact that he spent alot of time in South Bend!

The question of money is this and know that I know nothing about cap space, rookie pools or stadium beer prices.

I have read on various sites that we had about $9.6mil cap space before we resigned Bell and Ogletree. After that we had about $6.6mil- $6mil to Tate, leaving $0.6 mil.

We have several FA's that we have not resigned yet. McIntosh, Mathis, Wendling, Pettigrew, Young and others. Where does their cap number go? Is it already figured in or is it kept on the side? Has the money for the rookie pool been put aside already? Is Suh going to help us now or take his sweet old time?

We have brought in Phil Costa, apparently signed a safety whose only news articles are about injuries or fines and still need LB, DE, CB, PK, upgrade at backup DT and a Starting Safety.

Where will this money come from? Not bitching, just don't know. Where Sly and Rat when we(I) need them?

March 13th, 2014, 10:32 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: A Question of Money
It's not as straightforward as that. Just one example: I heard Tate's cap hit was only $3.5 Mil this year. I think we still have a decent amount to spend if we want to.

March 13th, 2014, 12:46 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: A Question of Money
I kinda wish we could have waited a few more days. Looks to be a glut of FA WRs this year and a deep pool in the draft, with lots of supply, prices will be dropping quickly.

March 13th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]