View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions Own FA's - who to keep? 
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions Own FA's - who to keep?
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
However, I do not agree with the re-sign Durham idea. The guy sucks.
he has no business playing in the NFL. What is the point of a slow 6'6 WR who's NEVER WON A JUMP BALL.

Or trips every other time he runs a route.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 21st, 2014, 2:50 am
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
However, I do not agree with the re-sign Durham idea. The guy sucks.
he has no business playing in the NFL. What is the point of a slow 6'6 WR who's NEVER WON A JUMP BALL.

Or trips every other time he runs a route.

or almost purposefully fumbles in bounds as he s trying to get out of bounds

February 21st, 2014, 11:07 am
Hall of Fame Player

No one has thrown themselves off a sky scrapper because Willy Young signed with the Bears have they?

Last year was the best year he will ever have. He never developed like Avril did. And the Bears WAY over paid him.

March 14th, 2014, 9:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Its all how you look at Willie.

As a 7th Round Draft pick, he produced more than fair value for the Lions.
As a Starting DE, he produced Less than he should have as a Lion.

He played Next to Suh and Fairley, and the Rookie DE on the other side put up 8 Sacks while learning the position. I don't think W Young will ever be anything other than a spot starter unless he has 3 other good-great players on the dline with him. Good luck to him, but he wasn't worth 9 million so Im glad they didnt keep him.

March 17th, 2014, 11:15 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

BillySims wrote:
No one has thrown themselves off a sky scrapper because Willy Young signed with the Bears have they?

Last year was the best year he will ever have. He never developed like Avril did. And the Bears WAY over paid him.

lol, no. They can have him.

March 17th, 2014, 11:24 am
Rookie Player of the Year

IMO the Bears "braintrust" is really going to help us. They just have no clue what they're doing. Their big DE signing (7 mil a year!) had like six sacks last year. :idea: :arrow:

March 17th, 2014, 11:32 am
League MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
IMO the Bears "braintrust" is really going to help us. They just have no clue what they're doing. Their big DE signing (7 mil a year!) had like six sacks last year. :idea: :arrow:

are you talking about lamar houston - who is a dt/de? he s a very good player and i think they got a pretty good deal on him. having a guy like him at $7 mill/yr is much much better for your team than suh at $20mill+

March 19th, 2014, 12:52 am
Varsity Captain

Suh's cap number will drop soon, it may not be as low as Houston's but Houston is not Suh. Suh is arguebly the most dominate defensive player in the league. His numbers might not be the best but he usually is double and sometimes triple teamed on every play. That leaves 10 other players to deal with 9 or 8 opponents. Houston will command 1 blocker on most plays and it will be a TE, a pulling guard or a running back. If they manage to take him out of the play his contribution was zero. Suh is younger, a much better player and willing to redo his contract to help the team. Every thing that has been said about him being a dirty and hated player is BS! There are many players that have been penalized and fined more that Suh. he is well worth every penny that he gets. He is willing to extend and save the team much needed cap space. Before he is done he may well be headed to Canton and maybe having Fairly and Ziggy with him. We have to pay for real talent. Our DLine is a known entity and the strength of our team. We need to stop worrying about our top players and find some support for them. Other teams can do it and blaming our problems on Stafford, Suh and others is not the answer.

March 19th, 2014, 6:08 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Let's pump the brakes a little with Suh redoing his contract for the good of the team. I don't know to many people that wouldn't be too willing to take money that wasn't guaranteed and take a new deal that converts it to guaranteed money. Also Fairley has not shown HOF ability even with Suh lining up next to him. A random play here or there does not even closely resemble a HOF career. Suh is definitely on his way but Fairley is a replaceable player that hasn't been able to capitalize on playing next to a stud like Suh. As far as his contract I think he will ink a deal that will make him the highest paid DT in league history but I hope it has a huge fifth year that will allow the team to build a solid team for the next four years and walk a way from his contract when he is on the decline.

March 19th, 2014, 6:51 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Boz wrote:
Before he is done he may well be headed to Canton and maybe having Fairly and Ziggy with him. We have to pay for real talent.

What have Fairly and Ziggy shown to suggest either are likely to head to Canton?

March 20th, 2014, 3:39 pm
RIP Killer

Looks like Miami is becoming Detroit Lions south with Delmas and now Fox. I've also heard Nate "Pizza Boy" Burleson also visited South Beach.

April 4th, 2014, 10:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Looks like Miami is becoming Detroit Lions south with Delmas and now Fox. I've also heard Nate "Pizza Boy" Burleson also visited South Beach.

Nate signed with Cleveland.

April 10th, 2014, 12:14 pm
RIP Killer

Growler wrote:
Boz wrote:
Before he is done he may well be headed to Canton and maybe having Fairly and Ziggy with him. We have to pay for real talent.

What have Fairly and Ziggy shown to suggest either are likely to head to Canton?

I'm sorry, but in my opinion Suy has a LOOOONG way to go before anyone can consider his being a HOFer. To mention Fairley and Ansah as possible HOF candidates is just pure BS. The only player on the Lions who is a future HOFer is Calvin. Nobody else is even in the conversation.

April 10th, 2014, 12:16 pm
QB Coach

Rashean Mathis back on a 1 year deal

April 14th, 2014, 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2