View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Free Agent Acquisitions 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Free Agent Acquisitions
Problem with that theory, by the time all that happens, there won't be any top tier players available.

March 15th, 2014, 11:14 am
RIP Killer

The other problem with that theory is that too often "top tier" FAs flop in their new destination. Rarely does their production match their old team. Certainly there are exceptions, but gimme a known quantity in Detroit vs. and unknown.

March 17th, 2014, 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

NFL.com still has Ihedigbo listed as available. Did we sign him or not? What about Clemens from Miami?

March 17th, 2014, 4:22 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Boz wrote:
NFL.com still has Ihedigbo listed as available. Did we sign him or not? What about Clemens from Miami?

He's changing agents and his wife is about to have a baby. We're still expected to sign him, although I think the gap is a little odd.

March 17th, 2014, 7:52 pm
QB Coach

What about Josh Freeman? If all these new coaches are supposed to be offensive gurus and coach Stafford up, why can't they do the same for Freeman? Sign him to a modest 2 year deal, parade him around in the preseason. Worst case we cut him with no problem, best case we either get a solid backup QB or we trade him to a desperate team in 2015 that misses out on the rookie QB they want. And I know people are going to say everyone can have him now and nobody wants him, well teams are waiting to see how the draft shakes out and if they don't get who they want, or if the rookie they get isn't ready, Freeman can bridge the gap.

March 17th, 2014, 10:32 pm
RIP Killer

The Lions have talked to Luke McCown, Josh's brother, who was the backup QB in New Orleans and worked under Joe Lombardi.

March 18th, 2014, 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
What about Josh Freeman? If all these new coaches are supposed to be offensive gurus and coach Stafford up, why can't they do the same for Freeman? Sign him to a modest 2 year deal, parade him around in the preseason. Worst case we cut him with no problem, best case we either get a solid backup QB or we trade him to a desperate team in 2015 that misses out on the rookie QB they want. And I know people are going to say everyone can have him now and nobody wants him, well teams are waiting to see how the draft shakes out and if they don't get who they want, or if the rookie they get isn't ready, Freeman can bridge the gap.

I always liked Freeman. The problem in my mind is that he would want too much.

March 18th, 2014, 9:22 am
Div 1 - Starter

i think they should use a mid-round pick on a qb to backup and somebody to push stafford a bit. if he develops nicely then we can trade him and get something out of him

March 18th, 2014, 10:20 am
Walk On

vankman79 wrote:
i think they should use a mid-round pick on a qb to backup and somebody to push stafford a bit. if he develops nicely then we can trade him and get something out of him

I agree, I like that kid Logan from Virginia Tech. Maybe the QB gurus can get him right, if Matt continues to fall short.

March 18th, 2014, 9:54 pm
NFL Veteran

This staff was brought in to get the most out of the players they have and pick up this season not get them ready for the future. I don't see them drafting any player that doesn't have a chance to be on the field this year. I would bet the only QB you see them adding will be in FA and will be a vet on the older side of things.

March 18th, 2014, 10:33 pm
League MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:

freeman is his own worst enemy

March 19th, 2014, 12:45 am
League MVP

vankman79 wrote:

zach mettenberger if he falls into mid rounds ie 3-5 i think could be an outstanding NFL player, other than that i would be surprised if the lions took a qb before round 6-7

March 19th, 2014, 12:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
vankman79 wrote:

zach mettenberger if he falls into mid rounds ie 3-5 i think could be an outstanding NFL player, other than that i would be surprised if the lions took a qb before round 6-7

Or Aaron Murray. If he didn't get injured, he would certainly be a 1st round QB this year.

March 19th, 2014, 9:09 am
RIP Killer

I'd be curious to see where a 6'4", 214-lb QB who threw for over 9,000 yards in college with a 77-15 TD-to-INT ratio falls in the draft. He also wasn't afraid to throw at the combine like most of the top rated QBs. He lost a total of four games in college, all to top 15 teams playing in a pro-style offense. Oh yeah, he also guided his team to two national championships!

March 19th, 2014, 9:21 am
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

PFT wrote:
Lions sign fullback Jed Collins
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT

In another sign of the changes they’re making on offense, the Lions have added a fullback.

Jed Collins, who spent the last three seasons in New Orleans, has signed in Detroit today. Collins may know the offense better than any of his new teammates, as the Lions’ new offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi was previously the Saints’ quarterbacks coach.

The Lions previously didn’t have any fullbacks on the roster, but now they’ll have Collins as a lead blocker for the running back combination of Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.

Collins rarely got his hands on the ball in New Orleans, but he was occasionally effective as a receiver out of the backfield. His primary job will be to block, and if he does that well, Bush and Bell will benefit.

Looks like they found their FB.

March 19th, 2014, 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next