View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 3:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Early Prospect want list. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Early Prospect want list.
I don't buy all the talking down of QB's at this time of the year. With the exception of Luck, at this time every year, EVERY QB in the draft is a big steaming pile of turds.

March 6th, 2014, 10:42 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't read anything extra into the Lions attendance at Clemson's pro day. All 32 teams were there. The Lions can't afford to give up their 2nd round pick to move up for Watson, and that's what it would take if the trade charts are anywhere near accurate.
Sure, Watson could slip to 10 (who thought Fairley would fall to 13 in 2011?) but I highly doubt it. To me the most realistic scenario's leave us possibly choosing from:
WR-Mike Evans
TE-Eric Ebron
LB-Anthony Barr
CB-Justin Gilbert
That's not a bad lot to choose from. At this point in early draft speculation I would lean towards Ebron, who seems to me to be more athletic and with a higher upside at TE than Evans is at WR. The TE's abilities and involvement in the passing attack is huge if New Orleans offense is an indicator of what we are to expect our O to look like. Plus we can always get a WR later as there are many. The same can't be said for the quality at TE.
Additionally, found it interesting to read that Washburn was in attendance at Mississippi State’s pro day to see guard Gabe Jackson. Could we be looking at another upgrade in the interior of the O-line?

March 7th, 2014, 11:12 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The only realistic options I like at #10 are Mike Evans, Eric Ebron, and Anthony Barr.

March 17th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Team MVP

Stallion wrote:
The only realistic options I like at #10 are Mike Evans, Eric Ebron, and Anthony Barr.

Stallion - you exist!

I agree also, with a chance of Justin Gilbert. I dont really see Barr though, as Austin said they wont pursue a rushing linebacker this offseason.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 17th, 2014, 4:38 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Stallion - you exist!

I agree also, with a chance of Justin Gilbert. I dont really see Barr though, as Austin said they wont pursue a rushing linebacker this offseason.

You do realize that we are in the LYING season don't you? Don't believe what they say right now.

March 17th, 2014, 4:50 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Stallion - you exist!

You do realize that we are in the LYING season don't you? Don't believe what they say right now.

Absolutely! Smoke screens abound. At this point awfully hard to get a true read on what the top ten will look like.
I believe the three tackles could be gone, Watkins, Clowney, maybe Mack and Barr, maybe one of the corners. Even though the scouting boards are listing the QB's in the top ten, I just don't see it. Believe there is a good chance the QB's fall.

March 17th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I agree about the QBs from the fact the teams that need them have to look at the top guys this year and say are they going to make us that much better that we won't be one of the worst teams again? So should they pass on a Watkins or Clowney to take Manziel, Bortles, or Bridgewater and take one of the QBs again next year? Some year's the QB class just doesn't warrant a top pick. Just last year the Bills were the only team that took a QB in the first round despite more than a handful of teams in need of an upgrade. Cleveland has been rumored to be interested in Shaub if the Texans look to move him and Fisher is go to roll with Bradford one more season. I'm sure both of those teams are looking at Winston, Hundley, and Mariotta compared to the top three this year and saying they will just roll the dice and look to land one of them next season. I could see the Raiders doing the same thing by bringing in a guy like Vick or Sanchez on a short term deal to bridge the gap.

March 17th, 2014, 5:26 pm

kdsberman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Stallion - you exist!

I do! I left for a while...primarily a result of the non-football talk.

Anyways, I am not a fan of any CB in this draft early. Joyner and Verrett are the only guys I believe in and they will end up being stellar slot guys.

As for Barr, I think he is a guy you bring in and he can make an impact as a situational pass rusher and let him develop his all around ability. He is not as pro-ready as Mack but I think is a safer pick in the long run.

I think my ideal (semi-realistic) draft would be Barr, Kelvin Benjamin, and FS Brooks from FSU.

March 17th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Stallion - you exist!

Anyways, I am not a fan of any CB in this draft early. Joyner and Verrett are the only guys I believe in and they will end up being stellar slot guys.

As for Barr, I think he is a guy you bring in and he can make an impact as a situational pass rusher and let him develop his all around ability. He is not as pro-ready as Mack but I think is a safer pick in the long run.

I think my ideal (semi-realistic) draft would be Barr, Kelvin Benjamin, and FS Brooks from FSU.

Checked out Barr based on your recommendation. Looks like a DE to me.

March 17th, 2014, 8:38 pm

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Stallion - you exist!

Checked out Barr based on your recommendation. Looks like a DE to me.

That is the nice thing about Barr. He has the frame to play DE but is a fluid enough athlete to play OLB. He needs some coaching up because he was a fullback until two years ago but his talent level is very high. His athleticism alone will allow him to make an impact while he learns the game.

March 17th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Not comparing the players (position wise or physically) but that description sounds very similar to what was said about Ansah, including a lack of experience at his position in college.

March 18th, 2014, 2:09 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
Not comparing the players (position wise or physically) but that description sounds very similar to what was said about Ansah, including a lack of experience at his position in college.

Indeed. Except Barr, while lackin experienced, put up 41.5 tackles for loss and 23.5 sacks in two years.

March 18th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Sign me up.

March 19th, 2014, 11:14 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

Is Barr the type of player that can be an every down player, or is he a situational guy? To me, picking at 10, whoever is the pick needs to be an every down type guy. If were looking at him to be just a pass rusher as a LB, id rather just keep Palmer and draft a DE to fill our left side at 10 (which i dont want to do).

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 19th, 2014, 4:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Is Barr the type of player that can be an every down player, or is he a situational guy? To me, picking at 10, whoever is the pick needs to be an every down type guy. If were looking at him to be just a pass rusher as a LB, id rather just keep Palmer and draft a DE to fill our left side at 10 (which i dont want to do).

I have heard Barr being talked about as a Joker. An every down player that you never know where he will line up. But, you have to account for him on every play. I would be fine with him at 10.

But, I like 5 players at 10.
Barr, Evans, HaHa, Pryor, and Gilbert. I am good with any 1 of them. So, IMHO, we could trade down 3 spots and still land 1 of them.

March 19th, 2014, 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next