View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 23rd, 2014, 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Suh's contract status 
Team MVP

Post Suh's contract status
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... et_wi.html

Figured this needed a thread. Didn't end up meeting with his agent at the owner's meetings as planned. Starting to wonder if he wants to stay here at all. Maybe they could have waited on the Fairly announcement.

March 24th, 2014, 8:45 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Suh's contract status
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/03/detroit_lions_plans_to_meet_wi.html

Figured this needed a thread. Didn't end up meeting with his agent at the owner's meetings as planned. Starting to wonder if he wants to stay here at all. Maybe they could have waited on the Fairly announcement.

look, you cant think that Suh would screw the team's entire offseason if he actually had intentions of staying here in Detroit and winning here. He s going to work hard and have his best season individually and leave for a place with more market exposure. New York, Chicago, Dallas, etc - the Lions can give him a competitive salary but not if you factor in endorsements and other business opportunities. suh screwed the team bc he didnt see himself here. signing w the lions would have helped the team get a better cast but would be a jail sentence in suh s eyes and would mean a good chance he wouldnt get the off the field opportunities he s seeking

March 24th, 2014, 9:44 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Stafford didn't sign early either. The report also says the extension talks still happened by phone just not in person. Suh isn't going to risk playing a season without a contract in place if the Lions offer him the deal he's looking for.

March 24th, 2014, 10:00 pm
Team MVP

Yeah but when you're supposed to meet in person and it turns into a phone call that's not a good sign

March 24th, 2014, 10:33 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

rao wrote:
Stafford didn't sign early either. The report also says the extension talks still happened by phone just not in person. Suh isn't going to risk playing a season without a contract in place if the Lions offer him the deal he's looking for.

maybe so but id be surprised if he signed and had absolutely no doubt that stafford would sign

March 24th, 2014, 10:38 pm
#1 Overall Pick

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:

maybe so but id be surprised if he signed and had absolutely no doubt that stafford would sign

There aren't any reports on what Suh's agent is asking for that I have seen, so I can't say how likely it is he'll get an offer near what he wants. I have no doubt though that his agent will be looking to cash in on a long term deal now not next year.

March 24th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Junior Varsity

Who are the big free agent pass rushers next year? I would honestly not be disappointed (well maybe a little) if Suh does not resign. Get cheaper lane cloggers for the middle next year and with the Suh and Fairley money sign a real DE to bookend with Ziggy. That is how you spend on your D-Line, not paying QB money to a DT!

March 25th, 2014, 10:35 am
Team MVP

Wackadoo wrote:
Who are the big free agent pass rushers next year? I would honestly not be disappointed (well maybe a little) if Suh does not resign. Get cheaper lane cloggers for the middle next year and with the Suh and Fairley money sign a real DE to bookend with Ziggy. That is how you spend on your D-Line, not paying QB money to a DT!

I agree for the most part.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 25th, 2014, 10:40 am
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

IMHO, everything Suh has done, just screams that he is outta here as soon as he can be. I am all in on trading him right now. Get his contract off the books. And draft the kid out of Pittsburgh to replace him with 1 of the picks we get from him. I am positive that we can get a 1st and a 3rd for him.

March 25th, 2014, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

IMHO, everything Suh has done, just screams that he is outta here as soon as he can be. I am all in on trading him right now. Get his contract off the books. And draft the kid out of Pittsburgh to replace him with 1 of the picks we get from him. I am positive that we can get a 1st and a 3rd for him.

Oh Billy, your prognostications crack me up. "Remember your Stunning, BOLD, Prediction about Von Miller" when you were convinced Von Miller would drop out of the first round all together after a couple of pre-draft comments he made. If memory serves me correct, wasn't he the #2 overall pick.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14452&p=188721

Suh's new agent and the Lions are planning to meet after the owners meeting wraps up, likely some time next week. Why would you meet with team officials about a contract if you want to get "outta here as soon as he can"?

March 25th, 2014, 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

Oh Billy, your prognostications crack me up. "Remember your Stunning, BOLD, Prediction about Von Miller" when you were convinced Von Miller would drop out of the first round all together after a couple of pre-draft comments he made. If memory serves me correct, wasn't he the #2 overall pick.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14452&p=188721

Suh's new agent and the Lions are planning to meet after the owners meeting wraps up, likely some time next week. Why would you meet with team officials about a contract if you want to get "outta here as soon as he can"?

Everything he has done, appears as if he is going to go for the biggest contract he can get. You can agree to talk all you want. If your asking for the moon, those talks are going nowhere.

March 25th, 2014, 3:27 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

There isn't a player out there that is saying "I want the least you'll give me." Not one. He'll get paid what he's worth, regardless of where. Getting a new agent isn't a sign that he's ditching Detroit and wants to go elsewhere. Agents are there to represent you in all things, endorsements, etc.. and it's not rare for people to change them. It's not a sign of anything. Relax.

March 25th, 2014, 3:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
There isn't a player out there that is saying "I want the least you'll give me." Not one. He'll get paid what he's worth, regardless of where. Getting a new agent isn't a sign that he's ditching Detroit and wants to go elsewhere. Agents are there to represent you in all things, endorsements, etc.. and it's not rare for people to change them. It's not a sign of anything. Relax.

Yeah? Mayhew was preparing to begin talks. Suh brought that to a halt by firing his agent. You might see that as coincidental. I see it as, at best, poor timing. At worst, premeditated to push the time table back so as to apply as much pressure on the Lions as possible. I see Suh in the same light that I view Revis in. They are the best at their positions. And if they have to bounce around the league to ensure they are ALWAYS paid as such, then so be it. I don't begrudge them that. More power to them. I just think we should trade him now for a 1st and a 3rd to a team like the Jets or someone. Let them sign him long term or watch him become a FA and end up with only a comp pick to show for their bother.

March 25th, 2014, 3:56 pm
RIP Killer

Too bad we didn't take this same approach with Stafford, CJ and now Suh. I mean what team needs its QB/stars asking to be paid like QB/stars when you can trade them for draft picks that may or may not pan out?

March 25th, 2014, 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
Too bad we didn't take this same approach with Stafford, CJ and now Suh. I mean what team needs its QB/stars asking to be paid like QB/stars when you can trade them for draft picks that may or may not pan out?

A QB and a WR. You pay the guys that score the points. A DT? You pay them. But, nowhere near what you pay the TD makers.

March 25th, 2014, 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next