View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ding Dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead! 
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead!
Pablo wrote:
Excellent post Joe, especially about the Christian faith - it is nice to hear that perspective because it certainly applies to the vast majority of Christians I have known. Here is one more thought, this guy's hateful opinions likely had the opposite effect of what he intended and preached. Instead of turning many weak minded souls against gays, he actually galvanized the gay rights movement. He got the sideline folks to stand up and even though they don't have a horse in the race, they decided to get involved with the opposite horse from which he was riding due to his hateful rhetoric.

In retrospect, he has done a lot to further the gay rights cause.

I agree completely. What is the old saying? Any publicity is good publicity? something like that...

Anyhow I am exactly the type you refer to. I personally dont care if someone is gay or not. But I sure as hell stood up for their rights more due to this kind of hate-mongering. The Westboro peeps gave us all a true villain, something truely evil, to force people like me to make a stand instead of simply not caring.

March 25th, 2014, 11:55 am
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
wow, this thread took a couple of turns on me!. Let me see if I can catch up..

A) im actually suprised Pablo beat Wags to the idea that maybe celebrating his death isn't very classy idea. I had a feeling that thought line was comming, and I do agree that the high road is probably the better road to take, but every once in a while someone does one simple thing that makes the world so much better of a place that IMO it deserves to be celebrated. This guy doing us all a favor and finally kicking the bucket qualifies IMO. The ammount of grief and misery this hate monger brought to so many....knowing he cant do it again all by itself is a reason to put a smile on my face. (knowing that his lil church is down to less than 100 people and most of them are his family makes it even better)

B) im ALWAYS a little dispapointed whenever a christian declares that god hates people. ANY kind of people. the whole Christian faith is SUPPOSED to be about love and understanding. "Love thy neighbor" "judge not" ect ect ect. the way I understand things, God doesnt hate ANYONE. he may hate what we do, and the sins we commit, but jesus was all about love and forgivness. I mean for crying out loud the guy was in pain and misery, being murdered slowly...and he STILL asked that those bringing him harm be forgiven. yeah that sounds like a guy who would endorse the whole "God hates gay people" line of thinking ](*,) I'm sorry but anyone who says that "god hates (insert any group of people here)" has missed the message and needs to stop preaching and go back to learning.

and finally C) Screw the hoverboard! Science fairs in the 50's say I should have a hoverCAR by now! Get on it NASA!

Joe. Read what I said again. And then tell me exactly where I said GOD hates gay people. I said that GOD hates the ACT of homosexuality. Basically, he loves the sinner but hates the sin. I simply said the same thing as you. I just taylored it to the subject.

March 25th, 2014, 11:57 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wow, this thread took a couple of turns on me!. Let me see if I can catch up..

A) im actually suprised Pablo beat Wags to the idea that maybe celebrating his death isn't very classy idea. I had a feeling that thought line was comming, and I do agree that the high road is probably the better road to take, but every once in a while someone does one simple thing that makes the world so much better of a place that IMO it deserves to be celebrated. This guy doing us all a favor and finally kicking the bucket qualifies IMO. The ammount of grief and misery this hate monger brought to so many....knowing he cant do it again all by itself is a reason to put a smile on my face. (knowing that his lil church is down to less than 100 people and most of them are his family makes it even better)

B) im ALWAYS a little dispapointed whenever a christian declares that god hates people. ANY kind of people. the whole Christian faith is SUPPOSED to be about love and understanding. "Love thy neighbor" "judge not" ect ect ect. the way I understand things, God doesnt hate ANYONE. he may hate what we do, and the sins we commit, but jesus was all about love and forgivness. I mean for crying out loud the guy was in pain and misery, being murdered slowly...and he STILL asked that those bringing him harm be forgiven. yeah that sounds like a guy who would endorse the whole "God hates gay people" line of thinking ](*,) I'm sorry but anyone who says that "god hates (insert any group of people here)" has missed the message and needs to stop preaching and go back to learning.

and finally C) Screw the hoverboard! Science fairs in the 50's say I should have a hoverCAR by now! Get on it NASA!

Joe. Read what I said again. And then tell me exactly where I said GOD hates gay people. I said that GOD hates the ACT of homosexuality. Basically, he loves the sinner but hates the sin. I simply said the same thing as you. I just taylored it to the subject.

I dont believe I mentioned you. I just commented on the conversation and where it apeared to be heading...

March 25th, 2014, 11:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

It's just that Pablo misunderstood what I said also. Nowhere did I say GOD hates the person. But, that's what I got jumped on for saying.

Maybe some day people will take the time to actually read what I say and then spend a moment to comprehend it. A lot of arguments could be avoided.

March 25th, 2014, 12:10 pm
1st Round Pick

BillySims wrote:
I don't believe that you can be actively participating in the gay lifestyle and be saved at the same time.

Is this special for homosexuality, or do you have to not be "actively participating" in any sin and be saved at the same time?

This "hate the sin, not the sinner" line is used to try and claim Christians aren't anti-gay, but then you get stuff like the above that clearly separates out the "sin" of homosexual acts into a "worse" category than other sins. It basically leaves you realising the "hate the sin, not the sinner" line is just a fig leaf for bigotry.

BillySims wrote:
Have you ever read the story of Sodom and Gamorah? Case closed. I think GOD made it perfectly clear how he felt about the act of being gay.

Oh and here's some more ...

Ask any Christian why they ignore much of the batshit insane stuff in the Old Testament, and don't avoid eating pork or shellfish or don't stone women who have sex during menstruation, and you'll get the answer "oh, but Jesus came and there was a new covenant".

Apart from when it comes to the gays, I guess, eh Billy? Then it's all "Sodom and Gommorah" and the Old Testament stands ...

March 25th, 2014, 12:26 pm
Hall of Fame Player

UK Lion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I don't believe that you can be actively participating in the gay lifestyle and be saved at the same time.

Is this special for homosexuality, or do you have to not be "actively participating" in any sin and be saved at the same time?

This "hate the sin, not the sinner" line is used to try and claim Christians aren't anti-gay, but then you get stuff like the above that clearly separates out the "sin" of homosexual acts into a "worse" category than other sins. It basically leaves you realising the "hate the sin, not the sinner" line is just a fig leaf for bigotry.

BillySims wrote:
Have you ever read the story of Sodom and Gamorah? Case closed. I think GOD made it perfectly clear how he felt about the act of being gay.

Oh and here's some more ...

Ask any Christian why they ignore much of the batshit insane stuff in the Old Testament, and don't avoid eating pork or shellfish or don't stone women who have sex during menstruation, and you'll get the answer "oh, but Jesus came and there was a new covenant".

Apart from when it comes to the gays, I guess, eh Billy? Then it's all "Sodom and Gommorah" and the Old Testament stands ...

It is not just for gays. Any sin you are actively participating in puts you in danger of hell fire. Again, I limiting myself to the subject.

March 25th, 2014, 12:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2