View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Joique Bell 
Pop Warner Allstar

Post Re: Joique Bell
sweetd20 wrote:
Do you really think they won't look to upgrade over Bell over the next year or two? If not you are a delusional Lions fan that has overdosed on koolaid and cornbread. And yes Jones-Drew has lost a step or two and yet he is still more explosive than a younger Bell. I'd rather they signed a rookie for a lot less than what they gave Bell. As I said I'm glad he got paid but he is a dime a dozen RB. His pseudo success comes from his huge want and desire but his physical attributes just aren't that great. If anything those that love the signing are blind Lion fans that see a local kid on the team and gloss over the fact he had an okay season.

I guess I'm a delusional Lions fan who thinks a young running back who averages 4ypc could be a Lion for 3 years.
Secondly, they'd be foolish not to try to upgrade Bell. They'd be foolish not to try to upgrade nearly every position. The difference is that you think MJD, at this point, is an upgrade.
I guess he could be an upgrade in theory, but reality isn't on Jones-Drew's side. The reality is that it wouldn't surprise anyone, including you if you're being honest, if he had a career ending injury at any time. That's what happens to old RBs. Either they get too slow or their bodies can't do it anymore.
Lastly, the draft hasn't happened yet. If you know for a fact that they won't take a RB, then post all the draft picks for us and give me your Super Bowl favorite!
Move over Kiper, Sweetd20 is taking your job!
Lulz

March 27th, 2014, 10:43 pm
NFL Veteran

sweetd20 wrote:
Do you really think they won't look to upgrade over Bell over the next year or two? If not you are a delusional Lions fan that has overdosed on koolaid and cornbread. And yes Jones-Drew has lost a step or two and yet he is still more explosive than a younger Bell. I'd rather they signed a rookie for a lot less than what they gave Bell. As I said I'm glad he got paid but he is a dime a dozen RB. His pseudo success comes from his huge want and desire but his physical attributes just aren't that great. If anything those that love the signing are blind Lion fans that see a local kid on the team and gloss over the fact he had an okay season.

Bush and Bell will both still be the RB tandem for the next 2 years. At that point both will be on the last years of their deals and the Lions will most likely be in rebuilding mode with a new coach and both guys will get moved or cut to make room for the future players. So my answer to your question is no I don't think the Lions will be looking to upgrade Bell over the next two years. They found a 1-2 RB combo they like and that works for a pass heavy offense. They also still have Leshoure, Miller, and Riddick on the roster, so I don't think they will put much thought into the RB position until a new coaching staff is brought in.

March 28th, 2014, 12:53 am
RIP Killer

sweetd20 wrote:

Why would the Lions concern themselves with a position that has become increasingly less important for offenses around the league, and a backup player at that position to boot?

I liked Bell from the early parts of the pre-season and had been saying that he should have been the starter over Bush. People thought I was crazy, but the facts are that Bell is more of the bell cow style runner, is a better blocker and catches just as well out of the backfield. He doesn't have the fumbling issues Bush does, and is far more decisive at the hole. He doesn't have the burst of Bush, or the moves. Few runners do. But despite your claims that Bell is a 'dime a dozen' style runner, he proved himself worthy as a player in 2013. It doesn't matter than he played his college ball locally. He earned his contract and his respect.

April 1st, 2014, 3:17 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

Why would the Lions concern themselves with a position that has become increasingly less important for offenses around the league, and a backup player at that position to boot?

I liked Bell from the early parts of the pre-season and had been saying that he should have been the starter over Bush. People thought I was crazy, but the facts are that Bell is more of the bell cow style runner, is a better blocker and catches just as well out of the backfield. He doesn't have the fumbling issues Bush does, and is far more decisive at the hole. He doesn't have the burst of Bush, or the moves. Few runners do. But despite your claims that Bell is a 'dime a dozen' style runner, he proved himself worthy as a player in 2013. It doesn't matter than he played his college ball locally. He earned his contract and his respect.

agree bell is a good player, i think they ll be looking for bush's replacement before they ll be looking for a new bell

April 2nd, 2014, 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2