View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Lions Predictions
BillySims wrote:
Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings - W I am not a Ponder believer and Peterson will not repeat last season. I predict lots of pain for Ponder. W But, man that game was maddening. The 1st half was a comedy of errors. But, cudos to the Lions for not getting down and giving up.
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals - L I am glad we get this game early. Hopefully, Palmer hasn't jelled with Fitz yet. But, I suspect he already has. Well, the Lions just don't have any luck in the desert. At least we are staring down the barrel of a 3 game winning streak. LOL.
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins - W The Lions have never won a game in the nations capitol. It's time we Slay ( see what I did there?) that dragon.So far I am right on with my predictions. Hasn't happened as I envisioned. But, the end result is the same. A bright shiny W.
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears - W It's in our house. Our D Line dominates. Cutler throws 2 pick 6's. Well, Cutler only threw 1 Pick6. But, Quin was only 3 yards short of making it 2. LOL. Another shiny W. I am now 4-0 on my picks so far.
Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers - W The Laimbeau losing streak ends now. All things must come to an end sometime. This one goes down this year.That's a different game if Calvin Plays. But wrong none the less. L I am now changing my prediction of a loss to Cleveland to a win. I am now 4-1 on my picks.
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns - Originally predicted a loss. I am changing this to a win on Oct. 6 after we lost to the Packers. Correct with the asterisk that I changed my origional prediction the week before this game
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals - L The Bengals are good. Really good. I am now 6-1 on my picks.
Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys - W Cowboys D-line is already the walking wounded.Exactly as I envisioned it. LOL. OK not really. But, same result. 7-1 on my picks.
Week 9 - BYE

Upgrading my predictions after the Bye week developments.

Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears - W D-line dominates again and the Lions keep shooting the Bears with BB's. ( Bush and Bell )8-1 on my picks.
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - W Originally predicted a Loss here. After watching the Steelers flounder so far this season, I can not see the Lions losing this game. I don't care where it's played.Well, darn it. I should have stuck with my origional prediction on this one. LOL. Can't win them all I guess. 8-2 on my picks for the Lions.
Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W Stinking Dolphins became more disfunctional than the Bucs just in time to lose to them. Bucs got their 1 win already.
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers - W Lions win on a national stage and lock in a playoff spot. There will be a MEGATRON BOMB EXPLOSION!
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles - W Vick out. Folk in. I am nervous about this one. But, I think we squeak one out.
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - W Another tough test. But, we beat the Browns and the Browns beat them.
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants - W ( Officially changing this to a win on Oct 21.)
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings - W Vikings playing for draft position. Looks like they will have to settle for the 3rd best QB available. LOL.

13-3 ( Upgraded from 11-5 on Oct 21. Upgraded from 12-4 on Nov. 6) We win the division and get the #2 seed in the NFC and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. There is a huge blizzard during the SB and NE Patriots win the game because they are a northern team that actually plays outside and as such, are more used to the weather. But, hey, at least we finally made it to the show.

November 6th, 2013, 1:28 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I.E. wrote:
So Legend ... you say the Lions will beat the Bears twice, and the only explanation is that the Bear defense is "likely" the weakest it has been. So... since when, and based on what? Are you saying it because you really believe that, or just because you'd like it to be true?

The reason I'm asking is, you then say the Browns are good defensively so the Lions wont' beat them. So that must mean you think the Browns have a better defense than the Bears? Is that something you can say with a straight face? Or perhaps you think the Browns have a better offense than the Bears, to keep them in the game against the Lions? That seems like a stretch. But regardless, the Cincy game - a team with good defense AND a much better offense than the Browns - has you predicting a Lions win. So is actually having a good defense an indicator of a win against the Lions, or not?

And then you predict the Lions can't beat Arizona, Pittsburg or Tampa? You say the Cards corner and Revis will contain Megatron - but then why don't you acknowledge that Peanut Tillman was the only corner to shut Calvin down in his record-breaking year (and he held him to sub-par games twice)?

I don't get your assessment of these teams, or across teams - at all. It all seems like what you'd like to happen, vs insight into the teams/games.

so they beat the bears both times which looks like it will be the biggest accomplishment of the season and they lost to arizona, pittsburgh and tampa. at this point after losing to tampa at home while being at 100% strength its hard to predict another win for the Lions. i guess if the lions beat the pack on thansgiving, and squeeze one out against either ny giants or the vikings then we could win the division by default but this team reminds a lot of rod marinelli s 2007 Lions

November 24th, 2013, 7:01 pm
RIP Killer

My 7-9 prediction from like 7 months ago still looks pretty good.

I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.

Hell, I might as well make a 2014 prediction. 2014 lions...9-7. A shocking upgrade! Too bad they still come in 2nd in the division and fail to make the playoffs.

December 8th, 2013, 6:15 pm
QB Coach

I think they'll lose to the Ravens and Giants, be eliminated from the playoffs, then win a meaningless game at Minnesota to finish the season at 8-8. That will render this season as probably the most frustrating of my entire life (I'm 36). This season was set up perfectly for them, and so far they're doing their best to blow it.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 8th, 2013, 9:09 pm
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I think they'll lose to the Ravens and Giants, be eliminated from the playoffs, then win a meaningless game at Minnesota to finish the season at 8-8. That will render this season as probably the most frustrating of my entire life (I'm 36). This season was set up perfectly for them, and so far they're doing their best to blow it.

Before yesterdays game against Philly, the pre-game show did the panel thing asking who they thought would win the games. To a man, they all said the same thing about Detroit. 'Great team that has a talented roster, but they beat themselves more than other teams beat them.'

And....they were spot on. Once Rodgers and Cutler went down with injuries, this division was theirs for the taking, and the Lions are showing they just don't want it.

And despite what Pablo, HechePipe or any others say, THAT ALL STEMS FROM COACHING. This team is a reflection of Schwartz. Inconsistent performances. Refusal to correct the obvious mistakes. No accountability.

The best teams in the league win when the chips are down. The chips are down, and the Lions are stepping on them.

If the Lions finish 8-8 (my prediction from the beginning of the season), it's my opinion that Schwartz should be fired. And for those of you asking 'well, then who should we get', I'll answer "ANYBODY ELSE BUT SCHWARTZ!"

We've seen what he can do with this roster. He took them into the bowels of mediocrisy. And there they will continue to flounder until some other coach comes in and sets a better tone, and puts accountability into the mix.

In the past the Lions lost due to lack of talent on the roster. Many of you point to the whole Wayne Fontes firing and say 'we don't want to do that, we don't want to fire a coach who is winning and replace him with someone who will destroy the team.'

Got news for you....NONE of the coaches destroyed the team after Fontes was fired. That was all on Matt Millen. He dismantled the roster, he failed to bring quality players in. That wasn't about the coaching.

Matt Millen is gone, and there is no doubt the Lions have enough talent on this roster to win more than just 4 or 8 games in a season. They fail to do so because of the coaching, not the lack of talent.

Schwartz must go for this team to become a consistent playoff contender. Bottom line.

December 9th, 2013, 9:07 am
Modmin Dude

December 9th, 2013, 11:04 am
Hall of Fame Player

Dan Orlavski will be our 2nd string QB in the 2014 season.
I heard a little birdie.

March 29th, 2014, 10:32 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Dan Orlavski will be our 2nd string QB in the 2014 season.
I heard a little birdie.

Is this freep article your little birdie? I almost posted it last Thursday, but I just couldn't shake that picture in my mind of him running out of the back of the endzone for a safety and still looking to pass downfield against the Vikes - ugh!
Quote:
Detroit Lions QB Shaun Hill leaves for Rams; could Dan Orlovsky replace him?
ORLANDO — After four seasons as Matthew Stafford's backup, Shaun Hill is headed home to play for the St. Louis Rams.

Hill, who makes his off-season home in Lake of the Ozarks, Mo., agreed to a one-year deal to play for the Rams today.

The Lions are still in the market for a veteran backup to Stafford and are now expected to turn their sights to Dan Orlovsky.

Orlovsky played four seasons for the Lions from 2005-08 and made seven starts. He spent the 2011 season with the Indianapolis Colts playing for new Lions coach Jim Caldwell, and was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the last two years.

“Obviously, we're working on our situation right now,” Caldwell said at the owners meetings today. “We have two guys presently obviously with Matthew and Kellen (Moore) that we have on the roster right now, so we're working or looking at a third guy to add to the mix.”

Moore, who signed with the Lions as an undrafted free agent out of Boise State two years ago, has never appeared in an NFL game.

Lions general manager Martin Mayhew said earlier this week that it's possible the Lions will use a rookie as their primary backup and that he would “definitely would consider” taking a quarterback in May's draft.

“The value in that is maybe you have your backup for the next three or four years,” Mayhew said. “Or, like some teams have done in the past, when you draft that quarterback and you develop him, then you can trade him for a draft choice. So that certainly is an option for us.”

Hill played sparingly for the Lions the last three years, but started 10 games in 2010 when Stafford missed most of the season with shoulder injuries.

The Lions also checked in on Luke McCown as a potential backup early in free agency. McCown, who played last season for new Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi with the New Orleans Saints, re-upped with the Saints earlier Wednesday.

March 31st, 2014, 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

No. I hadn't seen that article until now. I can't remember what the guys name is now. But he was on Sirus NFL Radio drawing links to Orlavski's Detroit connections. It just makes sense and shouldn't cost too much.

March 31st, 2014, 12:21 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm hoping we draft one in the middle rounds. It won't take much effort by a talented rookie to supplant Orlavski as our #2, imo.

March 31st, 2014, 8:25 pm
QB Coach

Well the odds makers have given the Lions a 3 to 1 shot to win the division next year. Packers lead however at 5 to 8.

Quote:
Here’s the complete list of divisional odds from the LVH:

AFC East
Patriots: 4-to-13.
Dolphins: 9-to-2.
Jets: 8-to-1.
Bills: 10-to-1.

AFC North
Bengals: 8-to-5.
Ravens: 9-to-4.
Steelers: 9-to-4.
Browns: 6-to-1.

AFC South
Colts 4-to-5.
Texans: 13-to-5.
Titans: 13-to-5.
Jaguars: 30-to-1.

AFC West
Broncos: 2-to-7.
Chargers: 5-to-1.
Chiefs: 5-to-1.
Raiders: 30-to-1.

NFC East
Eagles: 8-to-5.
Cowboys: 9-to-4.
Giants: 9-to-4.
Redskins: 9-to-2.

NFC North
Packers: 5-to-8.
Lions: 3-to-1.
Bears: 7-to-2.
Vikings: 18-to-1.

NFC South
Saints: 5-to-4.
Panthers: 5-to-2.
Falcons: 3-to-1.
Buccaneers: 5-to-1.

NFC West
Seahawks: 10-to-11.
49ers: 6-to-5.
Cardinals: 10-to-1.
Rams: 12-to-1.

May 12th, 2014, 5:54 pm
QB Coach

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -15-games/

Favored right now in 10 of our 16 games

May 21st, 2014, 6:16 pm
QB Coach

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfc-n ... 04105.html

August 21st, 2014, 9:02 pm

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfc-north-preview-megatron-200004105.html

What a 1/2 story piece of crap this article is! Im all about holding stafford accountable for his bad play, but to say he is a bottom 10 quarterback without Calvin is extreme. They point out 2 games last year without calvin and how ineffective our offense was. but NOWHERE do they mention our WR's were the likes of Durham and Ogletree.

bassically the whole article was an "its Obamas fault" article, only exchanging Obama with Stafford.

August 22nd, 2014, 12:16 pm

I.E. wrote:
So Legend ... you say the Lions will beat the Bears twice, and the only explanation is that the Bear defense is "likely" the weakest it has been. So... since when, and based on what? Are you saying it because you really believe that, or just because you'd like it to be true?

The reason I'm asking is, you then say the Browns are good defensively so the Lions wont' beat them. So that must mean you think the Browns have a better defense than the Bears? Is that something you can say with a straight face? Or perhaps you think the Browns have a better offense than the Bears, to keep them in the game against the Lions? That seems like a stretch. But regardless, the Cincy game - a team with good defense AND a much better offense than the Browns - has you predicting a Lions win. So is actually having a good defense an indicator of a win against the Lions, or not?

And then you predict the Lions can't beat Arizona, Pittsburg or Tampa? You say the Cards corner and Revis will contain Megatron - but then why don't you acknowledge that Peanut Tillman was the only corner to shut Calvin down in his record-breaking year (and he held him to sub-par games twice)?

I don't get your assessment of these teams, or across teams - at all. It all seems like what you'd like to happen, vs insight into the teams/games.

2013 results:

browns 9th in nfl total defense
bears 30th in nfl total defense

lions lost to arizona, pitt, and tampa....lions beat bears twice
lions within a shanked punt of beating cincy

but i guess that was all stuff that i wanted to happen rather than insightful predictions

Last edited by The Legend on August 23rd, 2014, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 22nd, 2014, 2:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next