View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trade up scenario 
Stadium Announcer

Post Trade up scenario
The front office declared they are in a win now mode back in februrary, mayhew does t believe there are many elite prospects, we didnt pick up fairleys option, all of these things and other circumstances point to us trying to trade up amd fore go getting alot of late round "projects."
With all that being said, this is my ideal scenario for that happening. Houston goes clowney or Qb at #1 amd St. Louis either bites the bullet and takes watkins at 2 or someone trades up for him. We trade fairley and package a pick or two to jacksonville to move up for khalil mack. I think hes who our staff truly wants because he fits the versatility of our scheme and the "flamethrower" role that mayhew wants and OLB.
I am a proponent of us trading fairley in the draft regardless of how it happens due to this being his last year and in which he will likely show out and get overpaid by a team with cap space.
Its a dead time of year for football so i thought id throw something out there to get our pigskin itch out

April 2nd, 2014, 8:34 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Trade up scenario
In my 2.0 mock, I have St. Louis taking Mack at #2, therefore taking Detroit out of the equation. I really believe Atlanta will trade up to 2 and take Clowney, therefore Jacksonville taking Mack at 3. I hope that is the case, because I dont think Cleveland will take Watkins anymore (thinking 90% chance its QB), moving Watkins down another spot.

Mack is my favorite player in this draft, and even though I made the "An Idea" post about Mack, I have literally no faith in Mayhew going after him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 2nd, 2014, 9:13 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
In my 2.0 mock, I have St. Louis taking Mack at #2, therefore taking Detroit out of the equation. I really believe Atlanta will trade up to 2 and take Clowney, therefore Jacksonville taking Mack at 3. I hope that is the case, because I dont think Cleveland will take Watkins anymore (thinking 90% chance its QB), moving Watkins down another spot.

Mack is my favorite player in this draft, and even though I made the "An Idea" post about Mack, I have literally no faith in Mayhew going after him.

What do you perceive as a fair cost to move up? I don't favor giving up our 2nd pick to move, afraid that's what it will take.

April 2nd, 2014, 9:36 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

What do you perceive as a fair cost to move up? I don't favor giving up our 2nd pick to move, afraid that's what it will take.

Id give up our 2nd, just my opinion. History shows we would blow that pick any way.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 3rd, 2014, 5:13 am
Hall of Fame Player

History is history. This is not the draft to give away picks in. This is the draft to acquire more picks. This draft is so deep that there will be UFA's that in a normal year, would have been drafted in the 4th, 5th , 6th, and 7th rounds. I am not exagerating that even a little bit. There were over 100 juniors that declared. 3 whole rounds of talent added to this draft. On the flip side, next years draft is going to stink. It can't possibly be a deep draft. The number of seniors in it will be nearly half of a normal year. So, next year, yeah. Trade up and get the best guy you can in the 1st round.

April 3rd, 2014, 9:27 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
History is history. This is not the draft to give away picks in. This is the draft to acquire more picks. This draft is so deep that there will be UFA's that in a normal year, would have been drafted in the 4th, 5th , 6th, and 7th rounds. I am not exagerating that even a little bit. There were over 100 juniors that declared. 3 whole rounds of talent added to this draft. On the flip side, next years draft is going to stink. It can't possibly be a deep draft. The number of seniors in it will be nearly half of a normal year. So, next year, yeah. Trade up and get the best guy you can in the 1st round.

or trade next year picks to move up in this one. that works too.

April 3rd, 2014, 12:15 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I'd rather do that.

April 3rd, 2014, 1:14 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Id give up our 2nd, just my opinion. History shows we would blow that pick any way.

Ha Ha, good one!

April 3rd, 2014, 2:50 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I'd rather do that.

Might make sense. Compare the value of a mid-second round in this years draft to what we hope will be a late first next year. Or maybe offer a 4th this year plus next years 2nd.

April 3rd, 2014, 2:57 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The Bucs just took a big step towards throwing their hat into the Watkins sweepstakes with their trade of Williams to Buffalo.

April 4th, 2014, 6:49 pm
Team MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
The Bucs just took a big step towards throwing their hat into the Watkins sweepstakes with their trade of Williams to Buffalo.

My thoughts are they stay put at 7 and take Evans.

April 4th, 2014, 7:42 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

My thoughts are they stay put at 7 and take Evans.

Very astute observation. Looks like others agree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 NFL Draft: Mike Evans' stock rises with Williams trade
By Derek Harper | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
April 4, 2014 2:40 pm ET

Is Tampa Bay eyeing Mike Evans with its pick at No. 7? (USATSI) Is Tampa Bay eyeing Mike Evans with its pick at No. 7? (USATSI)

More NFL offseason: Mock Drafts | Prospect Rankings | Pro days | Top free agents

The biggest winner out of Friday's trade of wide receiver Mike Williams to the Buffalo Bills could ultimately prove to be Mike Evans.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were aggressive in reshaping their roster under new general manager Jason Licht and head coach Lovie Smith, and were set to enter the 2014 NFL Draft with plenty of directions they could go with the No. 7 overall pick. In dealing Williams, however, the Bucs now have a clear need for a playmaking wide receiver opposite Vincent Jackson.

NFLDraftScoutcom's Rob Rang projects the Bucs to land Clemson's Sammy Watkins at No. 7, but there figures to be plenty of jockeying in front of Tampa Bay come draft day for the most dynamic wideout in this draft. Fellow analysis Dane Brugler projects Watkins to the Oakland Raiders two picks earlier, and a number of teams could be interested in leapfrogging the Bucs should Watkins still be on the board.

That could bring Evans into play with the seventh pick. At 6-feet-5 and 231 pounds, Evans would team with Jackson (6-5, 230) to give new starting quarterback Josh McCown the type of super-sized combo he excelled with Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery in Chicago last season. Smith also helped bring Marshall and Jeffery to Chicago as head coach of the Bears.

Evans, the second-rated wide receiver and No. 13 overall prospect by NFLDraftScout.com, is a long-strider who has been compared to Jackson by NFLDraftScout.com since last year due to his combination of size, physicality and body control. Some scouts believe Evans helped "make" Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, and the redshirt sophomore has increased his stock since the end of the season - highlighted by his 4.53-second 40-yard dash time he was credited with at the Scouting Combine.

There is little doubt the Bucs will target a receiver earlier in the Draft. Of the other six receivers they have on the current roster, only Louis Murphy has more than two years of NFL experience, and the sixth-year veteran caught only six passes for the New York Giants last season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with Watson and Evans off the board, do the Lions reach for the next best receiver on their board? How high a priority is it to get one of the 1st round WR's? If they wait til the 2nd the premier talent at wide-out could be gone. Or maybe that's been their thinking all along with the scouting they've been doing on Martavis Bryant and Paul Richardson, 2nd to 3rd rounders. Hopefully, with TB out of the outside backer market in the 1st, maybe helps Mack or Barr slide to 10. Works for me!

April 5th, 2014, 8:26 pm
Team MVP

liontrax - If Watkins and Evans are off the board, I think it should be defense no questions asked. The ONLY way I'd think offense is Ebron, and thats a HUGE maybe.

April 5th, 2014, 8:40 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax - If Watkins and Evans are off the board, I think it should be defense no questions asked. The ONLY way I'd think offense is Ebron, and thats a HUGE maybe.

I think Ebron would be a mistake. Mack, Barr or Gilbert I'm thinking at this point. But then again Gilbert could climb if there is a CB needy team in the front 9. Anyway, I doubt we'll see the Lions spending their first two picks to move up for Watkins. No move is good move IMO.

April 5th, 2014, 9:05 pm
Div 1 - Starter

liontrax wrote:
So with Watson and Evans off the board, do the Lions reach for the next best receiver on their board? How high a priority is it to get one of the 1st round WR's? If they wait til the 2nd the premier talent at wide-out could be gone. Or maybe that's been their thinking all along with the scouting they've been doing on Martavis Bryant and Paul Richardson, 2nd to 3rd rounders. Hopefully, with TB out of the outside backer market in the 1st, maybe helps Mack or Barr slide to 10. Works for me!

The wide receiver position isn't an emergency that requires one of the top two (or five) receivers in the draft. A 2nd round talent would do. I'd hate to see them go reach for someone. If they want one that badly I would hope they would try to trade down.

If the #1 linebacker prospect (Mack) somehow falls to #10 and the receivers are gone then take him. (Maybe they'd take him anyway even if one of the WR's were available.) The #1 cornerback prospect (Justin Gilbert) wouldn't be a bad move either.

One of the mock drafts had the Lions taking the top Center in the third round. I kind of liked that idea (ala Warford from last year's draft).

April 6th, 2014, 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next