View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Early Prospect want list. 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Early Prospect want list.
Gilbert observed practice today, and Caldwell said he's not sure if Houston will bounce back after last season. Coincidence?

April 24th, 2014, 6:33 pm
NFL Veteran

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Gilbert observed practice today, and Caldwell said he's not sure if Houston will bounce back after last season. Coincidence?

Isn't everything a coincidence this time of year? If they hadn't moved the draft so far back this probably would have happened without anyone even noticing.

April 24th, 2014, 7:07 pm
RIP Killer

What gets me is that everyone is high on Justin Gilbert now because of his 40 time. Who cares? Corners rarely run a straight 40 yards. What are his instincts? How physical is he? How well does he tackle? How does he react when the ball is in the air? How fluid is his movement and change of direction? Does he sink his hips properly?

A fast 40 time doesn't answer ANY of those questions, and those are far more important than his straight-line-I'm-not-wearing-any-pads-and-I-started-from-a-sprinters-position speed.

I still think Dennard is the better fit for the Lions because they need a more physical corner. I also think Dennard reacts better and has better instincts. But I don't think either guy is a value at the tenth pick.

April 28th, 2014, 11:39 am

m2karateman wrote:
What gets me is that everyone is high on Justin Gilbert now because of his 40 time. Who cares? Corners rarely run a straight 40 yards. What are his instincts? How physical is he? How well does he tackle? How does he react when the ball is in the air? How fluid is his movement and change of direction? Does he sink his hips properly?

A fast 40 time doesn't answer ANY of those questions, and those are far more important than his straight-line-I'm-not-wearing-any-pads-and-I-started-from-a-sprinters-position speed.

I still think Dennard is the better fit for the Lions because they need a more physical corner. I also think Dennard reacts better and has better instincts. But I don't think either guy is a value at the tenth pick.

agreed.

April 28th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:

I think Gilbert answers the bell on about half the things you mentioned. Ball in the air, fuidity, change of direction, seem to me to be his strong points. I question his physicality and instincts. Just the opposite for Dennard. Agree, neither to me is worth the 10th pick.

April 28th, 2014, 3:20 pm

DJ-B wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

agreed.

X2

If we can't land Sammy Watkins, I hope we take Dennard at #10. What do you think of Stanley Jean-Baptist? I'm surprised there isn't more talk about him. I think he has Richard Sherman potential even down to his WR background. Might end up being the biggest steal of the draft.

April 28th, 2014, 3:42 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Im with most of you, there really isnt a ton of value for any pick at #10. Thats why I hope we can work a deal to move up and grab Watkins. Him or Lee is the only real value I see us getting out of our #1 pick....unless we can manage to move back and accumulate more picks if we fail to move up.

April 28th, 2014, 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8