View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gameday Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3 
RIP Killer

Post Gameday Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
With Ebron in the fold will the Lions look to defense? Here is how the top of round 2 lines up...

1 33 Houston Texans
2 34 Washington Redskins
3 35 Cleveland Browns
4 36 Oakland Raiders
5 37 Atlanta Falcons
6 38 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7 39 Jacksonville Jaguars
8 40 Seattle Seahawks (from Minnesota)
9 41 Buffalo Bills
10 42 Tennessee Titans
11 43 New York Giants
12 44 St. Louis Rams
13 45 Detroit Lions

What does your board look like now? The way the first round played out I have no defensive backs in play at pick 45 and limited linebackers, I'm seeing more defensive lineman as possibilities (lots of DTs)...

My top 10 is shaking out like...

1 Steven Tutt, DT Notre Dame
2 Marquis Lee, WR USC
3 Demarcus Lawrence, DE Boise St
4 Ra'Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
5 Louis Nix, DT Notre Dame
6 Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
7 Timmy Jernigan, DT Florida State
8 Kony Ealy, DE Missouri
9 Xavier Su'a-Filo, G UCLA
10 Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB Georgia Tech

I have a couple of OTs ranked in this range along with a RB or two, but I've pulled them out. With only 12 picks before the Lions, I'm really hoping someone in my 4-8 range is the pick.

May 9th, 2014, 9:17 am
Profile WWW
#1 Overall Pick

Post Re: Gameday Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Round 2
There seems to be a good amount of DEs, CBs, and OLBs available, so one should drop to the lions in the 2nd and/or 3rd. I also wouldn't be against going OL, WR, or DT with the big talent that has fallen out of the 1st round. I really would like to see a true NT getting picked up to play next to Suh on early downs to allow the back seven to focus more on coverage even on 1st down, but that maybe would be a better thing to do on day 3.

May 9th, 2014, 9:48 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Best CB/LB/WR on the board is all we need in the 2nd, then maybe a trade up back into the late 2nd for another of one of those three positions or a center.

May 9th, 2014, 10:25 am
Hall of Fame Player

We need DB's. So, that means Mayhew will draft Marquis Lee.

May 9th, 2014, 1:58 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

DB isn't the biggest need. LB and Safety, then corner. I'd probably even throw DE above corner.

May 9th, 2014, 4:59 pm
RIP Killer

We still need WR fellas. Ebron doesn't fill that need, in any way shape or form. Marqise Lee would be a good pick. If Van Noy falls to us, I'd jump all over that. There are no safeties left worth a second round pick, IMO. Maybe late second, but not mid second.

I wouldn't mind a DE either. I think Kareem Martin is going to be a very good NFL player.

May 9th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I disagree about Ebron not filling a WR Need, as I see him almost exactly the same as if we had taken Mike Evans, except (1) where he lines up and (2) If CJ goes down he cant fill that role. I would definitely jump on marquise Lee if he fell to us though. Assuming that wont happen, I will be playing for Van Noy to reach us and to be the choice. Van Noy working with Ansah again would be awesome, and I really like what he brings to the Table. Barring that a S, CB or DE would be nice.

May 9th, 2014, 5:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

DJ-B wrote:
I disagree about Ebron not filling a WR Need, as I see him almost exactly the same as if we had taken Mike Evans, except (1) where he lines up and (2) If CJ goes down he cant fill that role. I would definitely jump on marquise Lee if he fell to us though. Assuming that wont happen, I will be playing for Van Noy to reach us and to be the choice. Van Noy working with Ansah again would be awesome, and I really like what he brings to the Table. Barring that a S, CB or DE would be nice.

Van Noy Or Jean-baptiste. gimmie one of those guys and Im a happy camper in the 2nd round!

May 9th, 2014, 5:30 pm
Heisman Winner

I like Ealy and maybe Van Noy. That said. BPA might be a receiver. Knowing that Mayhew will pick one who is hurt or recovering. Fire Millen!!!!

May 9th, 2014, 5:44 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I'm thinking OG, DE, DT, OLB, WR in no particular order and maybe CB. I hear a lot of Van Noy but of the games I've watched he just doesn't seem like his college production is going to transfer to the NFL. I think he can be a solid starter but not a player that the team wouldn't look at upgrading if the opportunity presented itself. If they go OLB I'd like to see them roll the dice on Attaochu, his upside just seems a little higher. Attaochu is a little more of 3-4 guy but both are and I think he shows enough potential that when called upon to cover can do so especially with some S help. I'd take either one but I'm a little higher on Attaochu especially in Austin's defensive scheme. I like Martin at DE if that went that route and would take a chance on NIx if he were there and look to get at least a 4th rounder for Fairley and possibly a 3rd rounder for him. The signs point to Suh being extended at some point and they won't be able to do that and re-sign Fairley unless he stumbles and if he does is that the guy they want? So do you ride out the year and take a 2016 3rd rounder at best or ship him off for at worst a 4th rounder (the Bills got that for their headache Stevie Johnson) this year and fulfill their win now mantra? I'd draft a big DT whether it be Nix, Ellis, or Jones and help out Suh and the LBs in the running game.

May 9th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
We still need WR fellas. Ebron doesn't fill that need, in any way shape or form. Marqise Lee would be a good pick. If Van Noy falls to us, I'd jump all over that. There are no safeties left worth a second round pick, IMO. Maybe late second, but not mid second.

I wouldn't mind a DE either. I think Kareem Martin is going to be a very good NFL player.

Thank You. I was thinking the same thing. We havent filled the WR need with the drafting of Ebron.

I would also be all over Van Noy.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 9th, 2014, 7:00 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

round 2 is up, who do you like?

May 9th, 2014, 7:03 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

If Lions like Lee, seems like they would have to move up.

May 9th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Chat: http://www.lionbacker.com/chat/

May 9th, 2014, 7:08 pm
RIP Killer

Chatroom is open, I'll be in and out tonight

http://www.lionbacker.com/chatroom

Go Lions!

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE...

And the Houston Texans select, Xavier Su'a-Filo, G UCLA (#9 on my board)

May 9th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next