View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 hi everyone 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: hi everyone
They wanted him I guess they ran to the podium like Matt millen seeing mike Williams on the board

May 8th, 2014, 10:40 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Lions really dropped the ball on the failure to move up for Watkins. All it would have taken is our 1st, next years 1st plus next years 3rd to beat the Bills. Unless the Browns figured our next years picks were going to be later than Buffalo's.
I would be less disappointed if they had kept their big mouth's shut about the whole thing. There would have been no expectations for them to do something creative for one of the top players.

May 8th, 2014, 11:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

liontrax wrote:
Lions really dropped the ball on the failure to move up for Watkins. All it would have taken is our 1st, next years 1st plus next years 3rd to beat the Bills. Unless the Browns figured our next years picks were going to be later than Buffalo's.
I would be less disappointed if they had kept their big mouth's shut about the whole thing. There would have been no expectations for them to do something creative for one of the top players.

I'm with you. Mayhew choked

May 9th, 2014, 12:56 pm
1st Round Pick

Blimey. After the CR, RW, BMW years I never thought I'd see the day that Lions fans were upset we didn't give up 2 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder for a No. 2 WR!

May 9th, 2014, 1:12 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Giving up a 1st and a 3rd is too much just to grab Watkins. Any more than a second rounder this year was too damn much and I consider giving up a 1st rounder next year as bigger than a second this year even more so since that draft may be very top heavy with so many juniors declaring this year.

May 9th, 2014, 1:16 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:

First off, that is a huge price to pay for a #2 WR in a WR deep draft. I like Watkins, but he lacks ideal height and I think folks will realize he isn't as explosive as everyone thinks.

Second, don't forget the Browns moved back up from #9 to grab Gilbert (they probably had concerns about the Vikes/Lions both needing DB help). If that is who they really wanted, and it looks that way, they might not have been as comfortable moving to 10 so the price might have been even higher.

I'm very glad Mayhew didn't make this move.

May 9th, 2014, 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
liontrax wrote:

First off, that is a huge price to pay for a #2 WR in a WR deep draft. I like Watkins, but he lacks ideal height and I think folks will realize he isn't as explosive as everyone thinks.

Second, don't forget the Browns moved back up from #9 to grab Gilbert (they probably had concerns about the Vikes/Lions both needing DB help). If that is who they really wanted, and it looks that way, they might not have been as comfortable moving to 10 so the price might have been even higher.

I'm very glad Mayhew didn't make this move.

Ditto.

May 9th, 2014, 1:43 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:

I was a HUGE supporter of the Lions moving up to get Watkins. But not for THAT price. Giving up a future first round pick, plus more, just to move up a few spots is RIDICULOUS. I keep saying this....last year Miami moved from 12 to 3 for nothing more than a second round pick. When it comes down to it, Cleveland flat out ROBBED Buffalo. They probably told the Bills GM that Detroit had offered next years 1st and 4th, or something like that. I think that would be a huge lie. I can't see Mayhew offering that much for Watkins.

May 9th, 2014, 5:07 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Agree with everyone, the price was too high. Now that my disappointment has waned, I feel much better that he didn't make the deal. I figured going in it would take this years 2nd (which I don't want to part with) or next years 1st.

May 9th, 2014, 5:25 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:

Very well said. All this hype. All the expectations. I skipped something important for my wife to see this, and Mayhew does nothing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 9th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5