View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Declaring time 
Team MVP

Post Re: Declaring time
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Boz wrote:
Name dropper!!! j/k bud.

Ha.. Nah, not really. It was an awesome game. I posted that from my seats. He was about 10 feet from me and I had just got done talking with him after I posted my comment. For whatever reason there were a ton of ppl at Crisler last night (Taylor Lewan, Jake Ryan, Jimmy King (former fab 5 player... he may have a kid on the team now, I know G. Robinson III looked good last night!), Rick Snyder and some more. It was pretty sweet seeing Crisler jumping again like it use to. Crowd was in it right until the end.

I did want to razz Taylor about needing to work on his facemaking (called and uncalled), and holding at the Outback Bowl, but I just told him he made an awesome decision, that you can't buy back your college years, and he'll get paid next year.

In any event... Back on topic, I'm glad we won't be reaching for the 2nd best LT in the draft, cause he's going to be the best LT in next year's draft! Go Blue!!! :idea: :arrow:

Doesn't look like we're going to have an opportunity to land Joekel, he's largely regarded as the best prospect on the board. I'd love to trade down, but I don't see it happening. Once again, we're right behind the "sweet spot" of talent, unless somehow the #1 Qb or something falls that far, but I don't see it. My biggest hope is, if we DO draft a DE, that he really is the best DE in the draft, and WORTH the #5 pick, and not one good guy in a pool that ends up getting outplayed by a guy drafted 15-35 picks later.

I don't think there is a CB worth the #5, or a safety. Trade back and grab one would be my preference at this point.

Not to be one of those guys, but I've been saying we need to trade back for a while now. But, WJB, if u haven't watched Werner yet I highly recommend you do. He IMO really is the best 4-3 DE in this draft and watching him makes it clear. I just don't understand how some people think Demontre Moore is better and how the lions should draft him. If Werner is not there at 5 we better not draft the next best DE, because he simply won't be worth the #5 pick.

I really want to trade down and get Jonathan Banks. Then in the second round get Vacarro. Hate to say it but even if we have to trade up to get him. That would go a long way to helping this crap secondary.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 10th, 2013, 6:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I agree with what you say about Werner but I dont think Vaccaro wil be anything more than an average starting S. You should check out Rambo from Georgia who will probably be available in the 3rd unless he just destroys the combine.

January 11th, 2013, 7:04 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
I agree with what you say about Werner but I dont think Vaccaro wil be anything more than an average starting S. You should check out Rambo from Georgia who will probably be available in the 3rd unless he just destroys the combine.

I agree with you about Rambo, but i just HATE to draft a guy in the top 3 rounds that has off the field issues, especially considering what happened last offseason.

And if Vacarro turns out to be an average safety, that is already better than what we have.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 11th, 2013, 8:22 pm
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Boz wrote:
Name dropper!!! j/k bud.

Ha.. Nah, not really. It was an awesome game. I posted that from my seats. He was about 10 feet from me and I had just got done talking with him after I posted my comment. For whatever reason there were a ton of ppl at Crisler last night (Taylor Lewan, Jake Ryan, Jimmy King (former fab 5 player... he may have a kid on the team now, I know G. Robinson III looked good last night!), Rick Snyder and some more. It was pretty sweet seeing Crisler jumping again like it use to. Crowd was in it right until the end.

I did want to razz Taylor about needing to work on his facemaking (called and uncalled), and holding at the Outback Bowl, but I just told him he made an awesome decision, that you can't buy back your college years, and he'll get paid next year.

In any event... Back on topic, I'm glad we won't be reaching for the 2nd best LT in the draft, cause he's going to be the best LT in next year's draft! Go Blue!!! :idea: :arrow:

Doesn't look like we're going to have an opportunity to land Joekel, he's largely regarded as the best prospect on the board. I'd love to trade down, but I don't see it happening. Once again, we're right behind the "sweet spot" of talent, unless somehow the #1 Qb or something falls that far, but I don't see it. My biggest hope is, if we DO draft a DE, that he really is the best DE in the draft, and WORTH the #5 pick, and not one good guy in a pool that ends up getting outplayed by a guy drafted 15-35 picks later.

I don't think there is a CB worth the #5, or a safety. Trade back and grab one would be my preference at this point.

Not to be one of those guys, but I've been saying we need to trade back for a while now. But, WJB, if u haven't watched Werner yet I highly recommend you do. He IMO really is the best 4-3 DE in this draft and watching him makes it clear. I just don't understand how some people think Demontre Moore is better and how the lions should draft him. If Werner is not there at 5 we better not draft the next best DE, because he simply won't be worth the #5 pick.

I really want to trade down and get Jonathan Banks. Then in the second round get Vacarro. Hate to say it but even if we have to trade up to get him. That would go a long way to helping this crap secondary.

I like Werner a lot, I really do but Moore appears to be a better athlete and more of a quick twitch player than Werner. Moore is also 2 years younger.

January 14th, 2013, 10:03 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

I agree with you about Rambo, but i just HATE to draft a guy in the top 3 rounds that has off the field issues, especially considering what happened last offseason.

And if Vacarro turns out to be an average safety, that is already better than what we have.

Based on the games I've seen, Vaccaro is the top safety in the draft, can play strong or free. But admittedly there's a long way to go before draft day.

January 14th, 2013, 11:04 pm
RIP Killer

Where's everyone at who was saying Bacarri Rambo was going to be an instant starter? The dood was terrible last year. That is a prime example of why people who get so torqued about the team not picking who they want simple need to look at the positives rather than bitch and look like idiots for the following years to come.

May 11th, 2014, 12:23 am
NFL Veteran

conversion02 wrote:
Where's everyone at who was saying Bacarri Rambo was going to be an instant starter? The dood was terrible last year. That is a prime example of why people who get so torqued about the team not picking who they want simple need to look at the positives rather than bitch and look like idiots for the following years to come.

Well the most vocal supporter took his ball and went home.

May 11th, 2014, 1:12 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:

I was wrong about the pick. Boo friggen hoo. I don't remember being tourqued about the team not picking him tho

May 11th, 2014, 3:58 am
Hall of Fame Player

Yeah. I don't remember very many people being that far on the Rambo bandwagon. I liked him as a possibility. But, wasn't heartbroken when we didn't draft him.

May 11th, 2014, 12:03 pm
RIP Killer

People were going nuts when the Leos passed on him in the 3rd and went berserk when they passed in the 4th and 5th. I know he had some failed drug tests, but people were damn near chanting his name in the chat and said that mayhew was an idiot because he was an absolute steal in the 6th.

Then again, maybe it was just wjb being wjb...

May 11th, 2014, 10:41 pm
QB Coach

conversion02 wrote:
People were going nuts when the Leos passed on him in the 3rd and went berserk when they passed in the 4th and 5th. I know he had some failed drug tests, but people were damn near chanting his name in the chat and said that mayhew was an idiot because he was an absolute steal in the 6th.

Yeah I think it was mostly wjb. It's funny to go back and look over people's posts when there are SOOOO certain a player is going to be a gem/bust and look at the actual results. Like most GMs, we're all at best around 50%. It's an interesting exercise in human nature to see that regardless of our past performance and the fact that in general our opinions on players are barely better than a coin flip, we still convince ourselves that our own opinion must be the right one. I think it's interesting/funny anyway...

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 12th, 2014, 3:40 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Yeah I think it was mostly wjb. It's funny to go back and look over people's posts when there are SOOOO certain a player is going to be a gem/bust and look at the actual results. Like most GMs, we're all at best around 50%. It's an interesting exercise in human nature to see that regardless of our past performance and the fact that in general our opinions on players are barely better than a coin flip, we still convince ourselves that our own opinion must be the right one. I think it's interesting/funny anyway...

That was 100% wjb who was pushing for Rambo and thinking he was going to be the next Ronnie Lott.

May 12th, 2014, 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3