View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stafford makes top 100 players 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Stafford makes top 100 players
But juuuuust barely.

He is ranked 100. Personally i think he played well in the first 6 games, but played so poorly in the last 10 that I dont think he has any buisness being in the top 100 at all.

May 12th, 2014, 11:20 am
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Stafford makes top 100 players
regularjoe12 wrote:
But juuuuust barely.

He is ranked 100. Personally i think he played well in the first 6 games, but played so poorly in the last 10 that I dont think he has any buisness being in the top 100 at all.

The top 100 is voted on by the players and performance is only a small part of getting on the list. It's more about how well liked and respected you are by your peers once you get past each of the top 3 guys at most positions.

May 12th, 2014, 11:35 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
But juuuuust barely.

Let's see. 53 players per roster, with 32 teams. That's 1696 players in the NFL at any given time. If that list is based solely on last year, there is NO WAY Stafford deserves to be at #100. He sucked for the entire season, not just the last 10 games. Yes, he made some plays at times, but most times his decisions were either poor or made too late. He was inconsistent from day one and never recovered. I don't know what was going on in his head, but here's to hoping he cleared the cobwebs and plays better this year. If he doesn't, the draft picks the Lions just made won't make any difference.

May 12th, 2014, 11:41 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If good coaching can turn Alex Smith into a legit QB, imagine what it can do for Staff...

May 12th, 2014, 11:56 am
Hall of Fame Player

Stafford needs to put this team in the Super Bowl this year. We have surrounded him with more talent than most Super Bowl wining QB's have to work with. If he can't get it done, we need to cut bait and move on without him. Maybe sign Ryan Mallett when he becomes a FA after next season and then draft a 3rd round QB.

I have been firmly in Stafford's corner since well before most of you. But , if he can't win with all that he is surrounded with, he never will.

May 12th, 2014, 12:29 pm
RIP Killer

QBs are going to be overrated on that list. Lets see who else makes it but I have a hard time seeing the 2013 version of Staff being even close to making that list. The only Lions I see from last year are CJ/Suh as locks with Warford and Levy with outside chances for their work last year.

May 12th, 2014, 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
QBs are going to be overrated on that list. Lets see who else makes it but I have a hard time seeing the 2013 version of Staff being even close to making that list. The only Lions I see from last year are CJ/Suh as locks with Warford and Levy with outside chances for their work last year.
I would throw ansah in there as well, although if hes not on there on this next one i would be shocked if he made it. But remeber how tulloch snuck in at 63 last year? The list always has a couple shockers on there.

May 12th, 2014, 1:49 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
Stafford needs to put this team in the Super Bowl this year. We have surrounded him with more talent than most Super Bowl wining QB's have to work with. If he can't get it done, we need to cut bait and move on without him. Maybe sign Ryan Mallett when he becomes a FA after next season and then draft a 3rd round QB.

I have been firmly in Stafford's corner since well before most of you. But , if he can't win with all that he is surrounded with, he never will.

I'm kind of surprised no-one has torched me for saying this. That wasn't my intention. I just sort of expected it. Must be everyone agrees. LOL.

May 12th, 2014, 6:38 pm
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
I'm kind of surprised no-one has torched me for saying this. That wasn't my intention. I just sort of expected it. Must be everyone agrees. LOL.
superbowl might be wishful thinking but AT LEAST playoff victory or this roster will be a dissapointmenr.

May 12th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Well, less talented QB's have lead their teams to Super Bowls with less surrounding talent than the Lions have.

May 12th, 2014, 7:22 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
Well, less talented QB's have lead their teams to Super Bowls with less surrounding talent than the Lions have.

who would those QBs be? I'm pretty sure every team thats made it to the Superbowl has had at least better talent on defense.

May 12th, 2014, 9:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

who would those QBs be? I'm pretty sure every team thats made it to the Superbowl has had at least better talent on defense.

Baltimore had a great defense. But, their offense still have to score enough to win games and get to the Super Bowl with a scrub QB. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls with not much of a supporting cast. At least less that we have. And I consider Stafford to have more ability than Eli. Just my opinion. I don't know if anyone else shares it.

May 12th, 2014, 9:54 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Baltimore had a great defense. But, their offense still have to score enough to win games and get to the Super Bowl with a scrub QB. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls with not much of a supporting cast. At least less that we have. And I consider Stafford to have more ability than Eli. Just my opinion. I don't know if anyone else shares it.

Baltimore's defense was able to score points and give their QB a short field. Eli's Dline was also able to get turnovers and force 3 and outs. In 2011 Eli had Victor Cruz, a mostly healthy Hakeem Nicks, and Manningham on offense. I don't see how you can say those teams had less talent than the Lions.

May 12th, 2014, 10:26 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Reggie Bush makes it in at spot 85 overall.

Not sure how I feel about this, as I'm not 100% sold he was the best RB on our roster last year. Top RB's know how to hold on to the ball IMO. He has the potential to be dangerous dont get me wrong, but did he really show it that much last year?

May 20th, 2014, 3:40 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

regularjoe12 wrote:
Reggie Bush makes it in at spot 85 overall.

Not sure how I feel about this, as I'm not 100% sold he was the best RB on our roster last year. Top RB's know how to hold on to the ball IMO. He has the potential to be dangerous dont get me wrong, but did he really show it that much last year?

I think that is a good spot for him. Other than his 5 fumbles, he did do what was expected of him and added a different dimension to the team. He averaged about 7 yards a touch and had a bunch of highlights. I'm not surprised by his placement on the list.

Alfred Morris also had 5 fumbles and he'll probably make the list....

May 20th, 2014, 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next