View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Swanson to start this year? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Swanson to start this year?
I think a lot of the questioning of the Swanson pick comes from the widely held notion that he will sit this year and be groomed to start next year. Does anybody think there's a chance he already starts this year? Yes, Raiola had a nice season last year, but we all know he's a d*** and has made a lot of questionable choices in the past that reflected badly on the organization. He seems to be the exact opposite of what Caldwell is looking for from a character standpoint. For that reason, if Swanson shows he's up to the task, I wouldn't rule out his being the day one starter. What do you think?

May 19th, 2014, 12:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Swanson to start this year?
thelomasbrowns wrote:
I think a lot of the questioning of the Swanson pick comes from the widely held notion that he will sit this year and be groomed to start next year. Does anybody think there's a chance he already starts this year? Yes, Raiola had a nice season last year, but we all know he's a d*** and has made a lot of questionable choices in the past that reflected badly on the organization. He seems to be the exact opposite of what Caldwell is looking for from a character standpoint. For that reason, if Swanson shows he's up to the task, I wouldn't rule out his being the day one starter. What do you think?

To be honest, the first time he sees the field durring a game would probably be at guard for Simms IMO. Simms didnt look good last year and it could be a decline due to age. The same mighth be said for Dom, but so far he isnt showing that he is losing a step quite yet.

May 19th, 2014, 12:58 pm
RIP Killer

If Dom plays anywhere near the level he did last year Swanson isn't suiting up as center. I agree with Joe in the fact I see him much more likely at guard in 2014.

Let's hope Sims is over whatever ailed him last year and we have the exact same lineup, they did a nice job and continuity is key along the LOS.

May 19th, 2014, 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
If Dom plays anywhere near the level he did last year Swanson isn't suiting up as center. I agree with Joe in the fact I see him much more likely at guard in 2014.

Let's hope Sims is over whatever ailed him last year and we have the exact same lineup, they did a nice job and continuity is key along the LOS.

+1

May 19th, 2014, 3:01 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:

I agree with everything except the continuity statement. We maintained offensive line continuity for most of the Millen years and on up until last year. Our Offensive line sucked.

Last year we said screw continuity and changed 3 out of 5 positions. We had the best Offensive line we have had since Mike Utley got paralyzed.

May 19th, 2014, 10:30 pm
League MVP

raiola is coming off his best year, sims possibly his worst. there could be a spot for swanson sometime soon but i dont think he s a day 1 starter unless there is an injury

May 20th, 2014, 8:09 am
Heisman Winner

m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

+1

Sims is a solid player. Very good when he's on. I'm not ready to call it over for him just yet. We shall see

May 21st, 2014, 10:51 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I agree with everything except the continuity statement. We maintained offensive line continuity for most of the Millen years and on up until last year. Our Offensive line sucked.

Last year we said screw continuity and changed 3 out of 5 positions. We had the best Offensive line we have had since Mike Utley got paralyzed.

We did not have continuity on the OL during Millen's tenure. We had a REVOLVING DOOR at left guard until Rob Sims was brought in AFTER Millen was fired. We also had an issue at right tackle until Gosder Cherilus, and even then his performance until his final season here was subpar. Stephen Peterman was inconsistent at right guard, even if he rarely missed games. This offensive line that has been put together is ten times better than anything we had under Millen, based on talent alone. However, the fact that the same five played the majority of the season in the same positions game to game goes a LONG way toward them being better overall.

May 23rd, 2014, 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]