View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 8:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 No Aaron Hernandez Thread? 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 17th, 2013, 9:07 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
m2karateman wrote:
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?



maybe people are waiting for Obama to give his opinion on the matter :wink:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 17th, 2013, 9:24 am
Profile
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
m2karateman wrote:
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?


Good point M2... I honestly didn't know what Lloyd was a black man.


July 17th, 2013, 12:03 pm
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2324
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
m2karateman wrote:
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?


Maybe Hernandez felt "threatened"...

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 21st, 2013, 4:57 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3143
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?


Maybe Hernandez felt "threatened"...

I agree that what Hernandez did (allegedly) is really bad, but you must see the difference between a 17 year old and a grown adult. Right? There is a difference. Also, there are many, many differences in the situations, so it's not exactly an apple to apples comparison.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


July 22nd, 2013, 12:00 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?


Maybe Hernandez felt "threatened"...

I agree that what Hernandez did (allegedly) is really bad, but you must see the difference between a 17 year old and a grown adult. Right? There is a difference. Also, there are many, many differences in the situations, so it's not exactly an apple to apples comparison.




You are right, they are different. In one case you have a Latino killing a black man execution style, in the other a Latino killed a black guy in what was determined to be self defense.


And yet....no al sharpton sighting at all on the Hernandez case....odd.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 22nd, 2013, 9:55 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
Hernandez' wife is black and so are most of his friends(such as Lloyd). Comparing it to the Zimmerman case is stupid

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


July 23rd, 2013, 1:11 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I would like to know why the same people who have been demonstrating regarding the verdict of the Zimmerman-Martin trial aren't going ballistic over this. We have a Latino (Hernandez) who unquestionably was involved, if not the actual shooter, of a black man (Lloyd). It's not even a fair comparison since Lloyd was not attacking Hernandez and was shot execution style. There is nothing to show any form of self-defense.

So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?


Maybe Hernandez felt "threatened"...

I agree that what Hernandez did (allegedly) is really bad, but you must see the difference between a 17 year old and a grown adult. Right? There is a difference. Also, there are many, many differences in the situations, so it's not exactly an apple to apples comparison.


Do you realize that the age difference between Trayvon Martin and Aaron Hernandez is only six years? Do you realize that if Trayvon Martin had stood trial for the killing of George Zimmerman, he would have been tried as an ADULT?

The most SIGNIFICANT difference in the two cases is that the black community have chosen to largely ignore what happened with Odin Lloyd, and remain focused on George Zimmerman despite the fact that Lloyd was shot multiple times, execution style, and that Martin was shot once in self defense.

killwill25 wrote:
Hernandez' wife is black and so are most of his friends(such as Lloyd). Comparing it to the Zimmerman case is stupid


I'm not comparing the two, because there is no comparison. And Aaron Hernandez is engaged, not married. Also, does what you are stating mean that if you marry a black girl and have black friends, it's OK to go ahead and shoot an unarmed and defenseless black man execution style? Is that why OJ got away with killing his white wife and another white person? Because most of his friends were white?

Dumb, dumb statement killwill. Regardless of the color of skin of his friends and fiance, the evidence against Hernandez is overwhelming as compared to the so called evidence against Zimmerman to support a murder conviction.

Yet still, there are huge numbers of blacks across the country grasping at straws trying to persecute George Zimmerman. The DOJ is stating that he won't get his gun back, despite the fact that he was found not guilty of ANY crimes. It's absolutely ridiculous.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 23rd, 2013, 1:00 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
The DOJ isn't giving the gun back because they're still "investigating" civil rights allegations. They're just making it look like they're doing something to placate the race-profiteers because the FBI already did their background check and found he was anything but racist. He actively helped other minorities on a regular basis. Trying to paint him a racist was something the media and those that generated a profit from this being a race issue.

There's no similarities between the Hernandez and Zimmerman trials. The black community couldn't be hijacked by a story about an execution by an athlete. Can't demonize an industry that profits them. They can however be hijacked by a self defense case that lets the profiteers rile people against a dead child, gun rights, etc.. Never let a crisis go to waste, unless of course it's not in your best interest.


July 23rd, 2013, 2:29 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
m2k, it sounds like in fact you ARE trying to make a race parallel. I'm answering your stupid question
Quote:
So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

Race clearly was not a factor in the Lloyd killing. Or Maybe you aren't seeing the protests yet because you haven't seen the trial yet. You wanna speak about blacks in such general terms wanting Zimmerman's head, I'm telling you as 1 black man why AH isn't getting the same venom as Zimmerman. Lloyd's killing CLEARLY looks drug or gang related which I guess as far as you are concerned is probably something the black community does feel complacency towards.

Quote:
is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

ya m2k, and not a single non-black person was upset over the Zimmerman trial :roll:

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


July 28th, 2013, 2:37 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
Killwill25 wrote:
m2k, it sounds like in fact you ARE trying to make a race parallel. I'm answering your stupid question
Quote:
So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

Race clearly was not a factor in the Lloyd killing. Or Maybe you aren't seeing the protests yet because you haven't seen the trial yet. You wanna speak about blacks in such general terms wanting Zimmerman's head, I'm telling you as 1 black man why AH isn't getting the same venom as Zimmerman. Lloyd's killing CLEARLY looks drug or gang related which I guess as far as you are concerned is probably something the black community does feel complacency towards.


And race wasn't a factor in the Zimmerman-Martin shooting either. You are assuming, like much of the liberal media and race-baiters out there, that Martin was shot because he was black. Well, I would think that if a white guy was beating on George Zimmerman, he would have done the same exact thing. What occurred previous to that doesn't matter. If Martin was profiled because he was black in being FOLLOWED by Zimmerman, it still has absolutely NO BEARING on the shooting. Martin got shot because he attacked someone he had no business attacking. End of story. Race only became an issue when the media latched onto that idea, and Martin's parent threw it out there when in reality it wasn't part of the issue. And it was that same media that paraded Zimmerman around as a white man, when he identifies himself as Latino. If his last name were Morales, or Hernandez, they couldn't have done the same thing.

Now, you say that the shooting with Aaron Hernandez clearly looks drug or gang related, and that I ASSUME the black community has more complacency towards that. I assume nothing. Truth is truth, killwill. And it's just too damn bad if you cannot accept it. A young black man is more likely to die at the hands of another young black man than from any other form of human on this planet. FACT. In most of those cases, it is over drugs or gang affiliation. FACT. And you can try to say that the black community is doing something about it, but that would by and large be a LIE. You know it, I know it. How many black kids died JUST IN CHICAGO during the Zimmerman trial? How many died over gangs or drugs? And how many nation wide protests have taken place over THAT?!

Spin it however you want. As a black man, you KNOW that truth. But you just aren't willing to admit it. Sorry. But until the so called leaders step up to the problems, they will lead you down the road of blaming whites for all your ills. And shamefully, many of the blacks in this country blindly follow them.

Quote:
is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

Killwill25 wrote:
ya m2k, and not a single non-black person was upset over the Zimmerman trial :roll:


Yes, there were non-blacks who were upset over that trials outcome. These were likely the same non-blacks who voted for Obama because they were convinced that not voting for him would make them a racist. The same people who even today will claim that Obama has done a good job, despite the fact that he sucks as a president. Those people are sheep, no different than the same people who blindly follow Al Sharpton and believe he speaks the truth. :\

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


August 20th, 2013, 9:51 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
m2k, it sounds like in fact you ARE trying to make a race parallel. I'm answering your stupid question
Quote:
So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

Race clearly was not a factor in the Lloyd killing. Or Maybe you aren't seeing the protests yet because you haven't seen the trial yet. You wanna speak about blacks in such general terms wanting Zimmerman's head, I'm telling you as 1 black man why AH isn't getting the same venom as Zimmerman. Lloyd's killing CLEARLY looks drug or gang related which I guess as far as you are concerned is probably something the black community does feel complacency towards.


And race wasn't a factor in the Zimmerman-Martin shooting either. You are assuming, like much of the liberal media and race-baiters out there, that Martin was shot because he was black. Well, I would think that if a white guy was beating on George Zimmerman, he would have done the same exact thing. What occurred previous to that doesn't matter. If Martin was profiled because he was black in being FOLLOWED by Zimmerman, it still has absolutely NO BEARING on the shooting. Martin got shot because he attacked someone he had no business attacking. End of story. Race only became an issue when the media latched onto that idea, and Martin's parent threw it out there when in reality it wasn't part of the issue. And it was that same media that paraded Zimmerman around as a white man, when he identifies himself as Latino. If his last name were Morales, or Hernandez, they couldn't have done the same thing.

Now, you say that the shooting with Aaron Hernandez clearly looks drug or gang related, and that I ASSUME the black community has more complacency towards that. I assume nothing. Truth is truth, killwill. And it's just too damn bad if you cannot accept it. A young black man is more likely to die at the hands of another young black man than from any other form of human on this planet. FACT. In most of those cases, it is over drugs or gang affiliation. FACT. And you can try to say that the black community is doing something about it, but that would by and large be a LIE. You know it, I know it. How many black kids died JUST IN CHICAGO during the Zimmerman trial? How many died over gangs or drugs? And how many nation wide protests have taken place over THAT?!

Spin it however you want. As a black man, you KNOW that truth. But you just aren't willing to admit it. Sorry. But until the so called leaders step up to the problems, they will lead you down the road of blaming whites for all your ills. And shamefully, many of the blacks in this country blindly follow them.

Quote:
is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?

Killwill25 wrote:
ya m2k, and not a single non-black person was upset over the Zimmerman trial :roll:


Yes, there were non-blacks who were upset over that trials outcome. These were likely the same non-blacks who voted for Obama because they were convinced that not voting for him would make them a racist. The same people who even today will claim that Obama has done a good job, despite the fact that he sucks as a president. Those people are sheep, no different than the same people who blindly follow Al Sharpton and believe he speaks the truth. :\

You asked
Quote:
So why aren't the protesters actively calling for Hernandez to be executed if found guilty (as they did with Zimmerman)? Why aren't they protesting what amounts to a far more vicious and unquestionable case of murder? Is it because they haven't located any pictures of Odin Lloyd at age 12 to parade around? Or is it because Aaron Hernandez is an athlete and the black community somehow feels complacency towards athletes who are involved in crime?
and I answered. I know very little about Al Sharpton

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


August 28th, 2013, 2:47 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
Quote:
Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was indicted Thursday on two counts of first-degree murder related to the deaths of two men outside a Boston nightclub in 2012.

Hernandez is accused of murdering Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado on June 26, 2012. The two men were shot to death after an individual riding in an SUV with Rhode Island plates allegedly pulled up alongside their car and opened fire in Boston's South End.

Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley laid out the specifics of the case during a Thursday news conference. Conley identified Hernandez as the alleged shooter in the crime.

"When the victims' car stopped at a red light on Sherman Avenue waiting to turn onto Herald Street, the SUV pulled up beside the victims' car on the right," Conley explained. "Aaron Hernandez then fired a .38 caliber revolver multiple times from the driver's side of his vehicle into the passenger side of the victims' vehicle."

Conley said a "chance encounter" between Hernandez and the victims triggered a series of events that ended with the fatal shootings. Conley said the victims had no known connections to gangs, guns or any crimes.

"This case was about two victims who were stalked, ambushed and senselessly murdered," Conley said.

Conley said police have recovered the murder weapon from an individual with ties to Hernandez. The SUV believed to be at the scene was found in the garage of a Hernandez family member.

Hernandez has been in jail since last June for his alleged role in the shooting death of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, whose body was found in an industrial park near Hernandez's North Attleborough, Mass., home on June 17, 2012. Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the Lloyd case and is being held without bail.

Hernandez was in the news earlier this month after a Bristol County grand jury indicted him on charges related to the assault of a fellow inmate at the Bristol County House of Correction.


From NFL.com

Looks like this scumbag is going away for a long looooong time!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 15th, 2014, 1:46 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3839
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
DOH!!!!


Quote:
A year after former Florida Gators star Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a Gators-themed calendar featuring the incarcerated ex-tight end has surfaced to the embarrassment of the school.

UF spokesperson Daniel Apple told The Associated Press the calendar was approved by the school prior to Hernandez's initial arrest in the Lloyd murder case on June 26, 2013. With printing and distribution being handled by a third party rather than the school, Apple indicated little could be done about the calendar's release, which features a photo of Hernandez for the month of July.



Come Be a a Gator, look no further than July to see what you too can become! ;)

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12149
Post Re: No Aaron Hernandez Thread?
regularjoe12 wrote:
DOH!!!!


Quote:
A year after former Florida Gators star Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a Gators-themed calendar featuring the incarcerated ex-tight end has surfaced to the embarrassment of the school.

UF spokesperson Daniel Apple told The Associated Press the calendar was approved by the school prior to Hernandez's initial arrest in the Lloyd murder case on June 26, 2013. With printing and distribution being handled by a third party rather than the school, Apple indicated little could be done about the calendar's release, which features a photo of Hernandez for the month of July.



Come Be a a Gator, look no further than July to see what you too can become! ;)
Reminds of the Lions calendar with Titus Young from a year ago.........

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


July 7th, 2014, 9:42 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.