View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The War of Gog and Magog...Revisited. 
QB Coach

Post Re: The War of Gog and Magog...Revisited.
BillySims wrote:
We mock what we refuse to even try to understand. Watch the video I linked to in the post before this one. About halfway through, they discuss his birth certificate.

Pot, meet kettle.

I did click on your link. It goes to a 4 minute video that does not discuss the birth certificate in any way. It's just some text on screen giving "scriptural proof" that the antichrist will be Syrian. What video are you referring to? You posted two links, one goes to the video I mentioned, and the other is a link to search results on Yahoo (why are you not using Google?) for the same video.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

July 27th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Well, I am not quite sure how that screwed up. But, I am on my phone right now. Next time I am on my laptop I will fix it.

July 27th, 2014, 11:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Would it surprise any of you, that in common core education schools, they read a book that declares Obama to be the messiah to our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students?

July 28th, 2014, 4:11 pm
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:
Would it surprise any of you, that in common core education schools, they read a book that declares Obama to be the messiah to our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students?

Care to provide proof?

July 28th, 2014, 4:15 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:

This, once again, is simply not true. I assume you're referring the "Son of Promise, Child of Hope" book. The book may be grandiose and a bit silly, but it's not painting him as messianic. Some of the quotes from the book that people are all upset about include:

a young Obama sees beggars and wonders, “Will I ever be able to help people like these? Hope hung deep inside of him,” the book adds.

According to Olson the book also says: “Before dawn each morning, Barry rose – his mother’s voice driving him from dream land. ‘Time for learning English grammar and the Golden Rule. Be honest, be kind, be fair,’ she taught him.”

The story continues: “One morning, he slipped on the name he’d been born with. The name of his father, Barack. For the first time in his life, he wore it proudly – like a coat of many colors.”

The only part of that that's messianic in any way could be the coat of many colors, but even that's a stretch. Here's a tip: if you hear about something and the only places it is mentioned are hard core right wing radio shows and conspiracy websites, you should be skeptical. I wasn't able to find a single website that's not an uber right wing site that even mentions this. Much like the left wing crazies were saying that Bush thought he was messiah (or at the very least had a messiah complex), these theories are nuts and don't hold up to any amount of scrutiny.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

July 28th, 2014, 4:27 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Here is the correct link to the video I tried posting before. It is 51 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH6sQJbCKkc#t=2880

In it, among other things, you will here Louis Farakan proclaiming Obama to be the messiah.

July 29th, 2014, 9:53 pm
Hall of Fame Player

P.S. I am starting to think Obama could be the Antichrist. I have not flat out called him the antichrist in any matter of fact way. Yet that is how you all are acting that I have done. Jesus himself told us to watch for the signs of the end of the age. And that is all I am doing.

I am not a prophet. I don't claim any of my suspicions to be how IT WILL HAPPEN. I see a possibility and I post my suspicion to try to help inform anyone who is interested. Bible prophecy will be fulfilled exactly to the T. We are to watch for the season that they will take place. As well as to watch for things that could potentially set things in motion towards the fulfillment of prophecy.

July 29th, 2014, 10:11 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
Here is the correct link to the video I tried posting before. It is 51 minutes long.

In it, among other things, you will here Louis Farakan proclaiming Obama to be the messiah.

Honestly man, the fact that you think this is in any way credible is troubling. You are either using some of the most egregious confirmation bias I've ever seen, or you need to get some help. This is serious loony conspiracy theory stuff. All you have to do is a simple google search to find out if these things have been debunked, and you'll find that almost all of them have. For example, the stuff about Obama's birth certificate and social security number have all been addressed and shown to be false. It's not a controversy or anything else. It's just some crazy people making up theories and ignoring the evidence that disproves their theories. It's classic conspiracy theory behavior.

Not only that, it's extremely hypocritical that the guy who made the video refers to the media and newspapers as "con artists" yet uses those very media outlets and newspapers as proof of his theories. For example using The Globe as "evidence" that the forger of Obama's birth certificate has been found. There are two big issues with this: 1st, as noted, you can't simultaneously claim that the media are con artists and can't be trusted, and then turn around and try to use said media as a form of proof. Logic and critical thinking don't work that way. 2nd, The Globe? Seriously? It's a tabloid. They specialize in making outlandish claims about celebrities and politicians. This is the same publication that featured headlines such as "Bush on Cocaine in the White House", "Oprah: Diet or Die!", and "20 Photos Stars Don't Want You to See!". Yeah, some real journalistic integrity there. But let's just say that what they reported was true. This person who forged it would surely come out and announce it on high and be verified so this illegal presidency could be ended, right? Wrong. The guy's name wasn't ever revealed, and in class tabloid style, everything was "according to anonymous sources", "shocking revelations will come later", etc. The problem is none of those things ever came out with any proof.

The bottom line is this is mostly tinfoil hat conspiracy theory stuff. It has the same amount of credibility as people who are convinced there are aliens at Area 51, the the Loch Ness Monster and bigfoot are real, that crop circles are proof of alien life, etc. None of it is supported by verifiable facts. My advise to you would be to not take this guy's word for it, research this stuff, and think critically about it. Don't accept it just because it supports your world view. Honestly, try to find evidence that refutes your belief. That way if you can't find anything, it helps to reinforce that the facts are on your side. That's my approach and it's served me well.

July 30th, 2014, 7:20 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Guys, I know this sounds crazy, but...

I think Billy could be the antichrist. Hear me out. We don't know who he is, or where he was born -- he claims to be an American truck driver, but he could be posting from Syria.

Hell, he could be posting from hell itself. Satan beaming messages to this forum with his infernal powers? I know it's possible; a Youtube video told me so.

July 30th, 2014, 8:28 am
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but where is the connection between Farrakhan and Common Core?

July 30th, 2014, 9:25 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

It's all moot anyway. One of the distinct signs of the rise of the anti Christ is peace in Israel for 7 years. Right now the counter isn't even one day of peace. Obama will be well out of office if magically they started their term of peace today. Sorry billy, this one is a swing and a miss.

July 30th, 2014, 9:50 am
Hall of Fame Player

TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but where is the connection between Farrakhan and Common Core?

I didn't claim there is a connection between Farakan and CC. I was just pointing out 1 more group calling Obama the messiah.

July 30th, 2014, 7:49 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
It's all moot anyway. One of the distinct signs of the rise of the anti Christ is peace in Israel for 7 years. Right now the counter isn't even one day of peace. Obama will be well out of office if magically they started their term of peace today. Sorry billy, this one is a swing and a miss.

Antichrist won't be known who it is until he signs the 7 year peace treaty with Israel. All we can do is speculate about who he is/will be. Which is all I am doing. I have made no claim that Obsma is the antichrist. Just merely speculating that he could be.

July 30th, 2014, 7:55 pm
NFL Veteran

This is always my first thought when this stuff pops up in off-topic.

This is some of the best unintentional comedy I've had the pleasure of reading in months.

July 30th, 2014, 9:00 pm
QB Coach

rao wrote:
This is always my first thought when this stuff pops up in off-topic.

This is some of the best unintentional comedy I've had the pleasure of reading in months.

=D> Awesome. That guy always cracks me up.

In all seriousness though, this is a valid point. Claiming something we don't understand or can't explain is due to God is really no different from someone claiming that it's aliens or anything else. There's no hard evidence to support any of it. It's all anecdotal and experiential "proof" and people claim to "know" that what they say is true. I don't doubt the sincerity of people's beliefs. I'm sure that they truly believe that they are correct and/or that their beliefs are the correct ones. But, I always come back to the same thought: throughout history, there have been millions of people who have believed in thousands of gods, religions, belief systems, etc. They've all had their own versions of some type of end of days/salvation/judgement day/etc. Thus far, all of them have been wrong (since we're all still here and the world hasn't come to an end). So, knowing that, how can anyone be so certain that their current belief system/religion/spirituality/etc. is right and all the others are/were wrong? What's so special or different about your belief system that makes it different?

I don't say that with the intent of being disrespectful. I say it with the intent of spurring thoughtfulness and introspection. I think if you logically examine any belief system, you will see that it doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny. That's inherent, because a belief doesn't require logic. It simply requires belief/faith. So, once we understand that, it allows us to be much more reasonable about our belief system. Pointing this lens at myself, I don't claim to know for sure that I'm right. I don't know. My current view is that I don't know if there is a god or not. There might be. I also don't know if christianity is right or wrong (in terms of the story of what will happen in the world). Same goes for hinduism, buddhism, atheism (or any other ism). In my opinion, if we all could just admit that none of us knows with 100% certainty, a lot of our problems in life and society could start to be resolved. Then again, I could be wrong....

July 31st, 2014, 10:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next