View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Lions Predictions
regularjoe12 wrote:
What a 1/2 story piece of crap this article is! Im all about holding stafford accountable for his bad play, but to say he is a bottom 10 quarterback without Calvin is extreme. They point out 2 games last year without calvin and how ineffective our offense was. but NOWHERE do they mention our WR's were the likes of Durham and Ogletree.

bassically the whole article was an "its Obamas fault" article, only exchanging Obama with Stafford.

I thought the writer had a good point. An excellent of Hall-of-Fame QB will find a way to throw the ball accurately to whoever is open. Stafford's performance last year really wasn't that great regardless of who his receivers were. I don't think Stafford's as bad as the writer makes him sound and still think he's a good QB, but he's not that great either.

August 22nd, 2014, 10:14 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Growler wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
What a 1/2 story piece of crap this article is! Im all about holding stafford accountable for his bad play, but to say he is a bottom 10 quarterback without Calvin is extreme. They point out 2 games last year without calvin and how ineffective our offense was. but NOWHERE do they mention our WR's were the likes of Durham and Ogletree.

bassically the whole article was an "its Obamas fault" article, only exchanging Obama with Stafford.

I thought the writer had a good point. An excellent of Hall-of-Fame QB will find a way to throw the ball accurately to whoever is open. Stafford's performance last year really wasn't that great regardless of who his receivers were. I don't think Stafford's as bad as the writer makes him sound and still think he's a good QB, but he's not that great either.

I FIRMLY agree that Stafford is no HoF'er, but to say he is a bottom 10 QB without calvin is just stupid IMO. Staff has a lot to work on to become elite. (last nights preseason game just proved that further) But the guy has shown games of brilliance. He's NOT great, but in no way shape or form is he a BAD QB either.

August 23rd, 2014, 10:29 am
RIP Killer

I don't put Stafford down as a bottom 10 QB, with or without Calvin. But I would say that WITH Calvin, he's barely in the top half of the league. Without Calvin, he definitely falls into the bottom half of the league.

Stafford does NOT make anyone around him better. Good quarterbacks do that for their offense. There are a number of quarterbacks that I feel, if they played behind center on the Lions, would end up with MUCH better results. You can blame the receivers outside of Megatron all day long, but good quarterbacks do not need HOF receivers to move their offense.

August 24th, 2014, 7:30 pm

m2karateman wrote:
I don't put Stafford down as a bottom 10 QB, with or without Calvin. But I would say that WITH Calvin, he's barely in the top half of the league. Without Calvin, he definitely falls into the bottom half of the league.

Stafford does NOT make anyone around him better. Good quarterbacks do that for their offense. There are a number of quarterbacks that I feel, if they played behind center on the Lions, would end up with MUCH better results. You can blame the receivers outside of Megatron all day long, but good quarterbacks do not need HOF receivers to move their offense.

I agree, but they do need DECENT WR's to move the offense. Im not sure last years Durham, or straight off the street Ogletree ( or mike Thomas, or the couple of practice squad guys we tried) qualified as decent...

im not trying to praise Stafford, but when Calvin went down our starters were #4 and #5 WR's.

August 25th, 2014, 10:17 am

9/8/14 vs New York Giants - Giants d is piecing a bunch of new faces together but on paper the edge rushers look good and DRC/Prince are a decent corner combo. Offensively the O looks to be in trouble without great or ready outside receivers, Eli struggling and what figures to not be much more than a 3 yards and cloud of dust run game. Hard to pick this for the Lions since the Giants seem to always beat the Lions and the Lions like to face plant on national TV. Lions look methodical on offense and the defense holds up despite giving up a deep bomb to Victor Cruz. W 27-21

9/14/14 @ Carolina - I like this matchup bc the Lions skill personnel sure looks a lot better than the Panthers secondary but the Panthers front 7 is so good there figures to be little room to run and easy passing plays to the backs arent likely to turn into big gainers. The Lions have to get enough time to attack downfield. This is the game where we see why Golden Tate either was or wasnt such a great addition. Whereas in the past teams have been able to take away Calvin at times with coverage rolled his way the Lions burn them with Tate. Carolina's offense with aging backs and a subpar receiving group cant attack the Lions biggest weakness effectively but Cam makes just enough plays with his feet and the Panthers get enough of a pass rush to squeak by L 24-20.

9/21/14 vsGreen Bay - Rodgers carves us up as usual, nuff said. Secondary just isnt good enough to cover outside and Rodgers is too mobile to stop with a primarily interior passrush. Comeback falls short as Eddie Lacy ticks time off the clock. Nate Freese's two missed kicks frustrate all Lions fans alike. L 28-24

9/28/14 @New York - The Jets D line is about as good as it gets and the secondary is developing under one of the league s best defensive coaches. The Lions in recent years have struggled vs 3-4 teams like this one but Stafford avoids the big mistake and the Lions pull this one out as Geno Smith cant take advantage of size advantage of his WRs vs the Lions DBs. Lions get a road win. W 17-12

10/5/14 vsBuffalo - The Bills have some big time team speed with Spiller/Watkins/Bryce Brown but a marginal QB in EJ Manuel. The defense led by Jim Shorts is talented wherever you look and figures to get to Stafford. This game ends up nowhere near as easy as it looks on paper but the Lions force Manuel into one too many turnovers and the edge goes to the Lions at home. W 20-19

10/12/14 @Minnesota - The Lions game plan to stop Adrian Peterson but Matt Cassel and Cordarelle Patterson cant provide enough support and the Lions outrush the Vikings and dink and dunk in the passing game to win comfortably. W 28-17

10/19 /14 vs New Orleans - New Orleans defense and its 3-4 continue to make progress but Sean Payton is the mastermind behind this multiple offensive attack. The Lions have no answer for Jimmy Graham and Brees burns a couple holes in the secondary with Kenny Stills and Brandin Cooks as well. Calvin Johnson at least gets to show Champ Bailey what its like but the Lions offense cant quite keep up, even at home. L 45-38

10/26 /14 @Atlanta - Lions play there 2nd shoot out game in a row, this time on the road. Julio Jones and Roddy White are way too much for the Lions secondary but the Falcons offer little in the run game and the defense is swiss cheese. Bell goes over 100 yards and Bush and Tate make some big yard after the catch plays as the Lions outscore the Falcons early and keep them off the field late. W 38-31.
BYE WEEK

11/9/14 vsMiami - 3 headed passrushers Wake/Vernon/Jordan give the Lions fits but the Lions attack the suspect LBs and Safety effectively with the run and the pass. Tannehill and a weak OL and average receiving group dont generate much besides a couple big plays from Mike Wallace but settle for mostly field goals. W 20-16

11/16/14 @Arizona - Lions head to Arizona again where they ve had mostly bad performances in recent years. The Lions should ve won this game last year but lost mostly due to a coaching staff that didnt know how to finish games. Arizona has one of the best corner groups in the league. Stafford struggles to get much going in the passing game and the Lions dont stay patient enough in the run game. Big returns by the Cards special teams doom the Lions. L 24-27

11/23/14 @New England - Its never good to see these guys on the schedule particularly at this time of the year when the Lions are usually folding and the Patriots are playing there best football. Brady runs a possession style offense to perfection and the Pats control the game. Stafford throws a couple picks in catch up mode. L 35-17

11/27/14 vsChicago - Short week vs the Bears. Bears have improved there DL with Willie Young, Lamarr Houston, and Jared Allen but the secondary is going to depend quite a bit on rookies Corey Fuller and Brock Vereen to make an impact. Eric Ebron finally starts to make his name known in Detroit and makes some nice plays to stretch the defense up the middle and open some room up the middle. The Bears offense isnt the same without Jay Cutler who tends to miss or be sub 100% for 3-4 games/year. W 25-22

12/7/14 vsTampa Bay - Tampa has added some weapons to there offense and are a force to be reckoned with. McCown proves to be a steadying if unspecatacular force at QB and the defense is tough. Despite the Lions advantage on offense, the Bucs figure to be tough in the redzone with two big WRs vs a small and suspect DB group. Lions will need some special teams help to win this one but dont quite get it. L 24-23

12/14 /14 vsMinnesota - Teddy Bridgewater leads the Vikings into town in this one and while the offense is much improved with him, the QB is just a little too erratic and not quite mobile enough to evade the interior rush of Suh and Fairley now playing in top form heading into free agency. Lions get a score on defense and eat clock with short passes and a steady run game. W 31-23

12/21/14@Chicago - Lions venture into Soldier Field after 3 games in a row at home. The weather proves to be a factor as does the Bears improved defensive line and superior kicking game. Bears play a cleaner game and win this one. L 29-20

12/28/14@Green Bay - Lions need to win on the road in GB and get some help to sneak into the wild card. Matt Flynn starts again for the Packers who ve already clinched a first round bye. The Lions dont let him parlay this into a big payday this time but James Starks and DaJuan Harris control the game on the ground and the Lions offense strugges to get much going in the conditions. L 20-17

8-8, tie for 2nd in the NFC north with the Bears. I really think to get into the playoffs the Lions will need to start at least 9-5, the last two games on the road in cold weather is definitely not favorable. Talent level on this team is good enough to be anywhere from 7 to 11 wins in my opinion. The games I dont think they can win are the 2 vs GB, road at Chicago, road at NE, home vs New Orleans.

August 25th, 2014, 2:31 pm
Team MVP

Short and sweet....9-7

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 25th, 2014, 4:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Here you go Pablo. I know you have been anxiously awaiting this. So, I kept you in suspense.

9/8/14 New York Giants - We got them at the right time. The Giants offense is dreadful. Our Defense outscores their offense. So does their Defense ( pick 6 ). This is just a bad Giants team. Lions win. 38-10

9/14/14 @ Carolina - Again. We got them at a good time. Cam isn't fully healthy and he has a whole new WR Corps. The Defense is still good. But, not as good as last year. This one is closer. Lions win. 27-24.

9/21/14 Green Bay - Lions look at the schedule and see that last game. They know. They HAVE GOT TO WIN THIS ONE. They do. 32-27.

9/28/14 @ New York Jets - Lions are on the road and spent a great deal of emotion and energy last week. They come out flat. Lose. 17-27.

10/5/14 Buffalo - Bills just don't have the weaponry to keep up in a shoot out. Lions win. 45-34.

10/12/14 @ Minnesota - Could be worse. This one could be in the last 3 weeks of the season also. LOL. But, the city of Minneapolis can be a cruel place for the Lions. Lions lose. 20-24.

10/19 /14 New Orleans - Lions come out on fire knowing this is going to be a shootout. But, a funny thing happens. The lions Offense is able to control the clock and the Lions Defense plays surprisingly well. Lions win. 37-34

10/26 /14 @ Atlanta in London - Neutral field. The National symbol for Great Brittan is a Lion. Londoners clearly cheer for the Lions. Our Defensive line dominates. Lions win. 30-13.

BYE WEEK 6-2 at the bye week. Looking good so far. But, we know all too well. It's not how you start. It's how you finish.

11/9/14 Miami - Lions have an extra week to rest and prepare for this. Lions win. 21-17

11/16/14 @ Arizona - We should have won last years match up. This year, we DON'T take a knee with 1st down and 45 Seconds left on the clock. Lions win. 23-21.

11/23/14 @ New England - Tom Brady is rounding into playoff mode. Stafford? Well, he gets and education from a master of the position. Lions Lose. 35-38.

11/27/14 Chicago - Start of a 3 game home stand. Lions are looking at those last 2 games and they KNOW THEY HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE. They Do. 41-31

12/7/14 Tampa Bay - I see this game as being pretty even. Tie goes to the home team. Lions win by a FG. 27-24.

12/14 /14 Minnesota - Lions are 10-3 coming into this game. They know they probably need 1 more win to lock up a playoff spot. They look at the last 2 games and realize they better get it here. They do. Lions win. 37-17.

12/21/14 @ Chicago - It's cold. It's outside. It's in Chicago where mostly bad things happen for the Lions. Marty took the wind and the loss. The NoWinCompletion. ECT. But, Cutler accidentally slams his head in his locker door before the game and becomes color blind. He throws 4 pick 6's. Lions win. 45-24.

12/28/14 @ Green Bay - Lions never win here. They are 12-3 and division champs. They rest the superstars. Lions lose. 20-27.

Lions finish 12-4. Division Champs. Green Bay gets a wild card.

August 28th, 2014, 10:09 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Here you go Pablo. I know you have been anxiously awaiting this. So, I kept you in suspense. They are 12-3 and division champs. They rest the superstars. Lions lose. 20-27.

Lions finish 12-4. Division Champs.

Nah, I prefer the revision version when you change them back to 6-10 and claimed you predicted the entire season correct with the exception of 1-2 games.

August 29th, 2014, 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

BillySims- How can you have the Lions losing to the Bills? lol And not only a loss, but to predict the Bills score THAT many points? Their offense is horrible.

BUT.....this IS the Lions i have to remember.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

August 29th, 2014, 10:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Here you go Pablo. I know you have been anxiously awaiting this. So, I kept you in suspense. They are 12-3 and division champs. They rest the superstars. Lions lose. 20-27.

Lions finish 12-4. Division Champs.

Nah, I prefer the revision version when you change them back to 6-10 and claimed you predicted the entire season correct with the exception of 1-2 games.

When have I ever done that? I think you remember someone else doing that and your attributing it to me. I do make revisions. But, always well in advance of a match up. And I never claim to have been "right all along" when I have revised my predictions.

August 29th, 2014, 4:58 pm

BillySims wrote:
Here you go Pablo. I know you have been anxiously awaiting this. So, I kept you in suspense.

9/8/14 New York Giants - We got them at the right time. The Giants offense is dreadful. Our Defense outscores their offense. So does their Defense ( pick 6 ). This is just a bad Giants team. Lions win. 38-10

9/14/14 @ Carolina - Again. We got them at a good time. Cam isn't fully healthy and he has a whole new WR Corps. The Defense is still good. But, not as good as last year. This one is closer. Lions win. 27-24.

9/21/14 Green Bay - Lions look at the schedule and see that last game. They know. They HAVE GOT TO WIN THIS ONE. They do. 32-27.

9/28/14 @ New York Jets - Lions are on the road and spent a great deal of emotion and energy last week. They come out flat. Lose. 17-27.

10/5/14 Buffalo - Bills just don't have the weaponry to keep up in a shoot out. Lions win. 45-34.

10/12/14 @ Minnesota - Could be worse. This one could be in the last 3 weeks of the season also. LOL. But, the city of Minneapolis can be a cruel place for the Lions. Lions lose. 20-24.

10/19 /14 New Orleans - Lions come out on fire knowing this is going to be a shootout. But, a funny thing happens. The lions Offense is able to control the clock and the Lions Defense plays surprisingly well. Lions win. 37-34

10/26 /14 @ Atlanta in London - Neutral field. The National symbol for Great Brittan is a Lion. Londoners clearly cheer for the Lions. Our Defensive line dominates. Lions win. 30-13.

BYE WEEK 6-2 at the bye week. Looking good so far. But, we know all too well. It's not how you start. It's how you finish.

11/9/14 Miami - Lions have an extra week to rest and prepare for this. Lions win. 21-17

11/16/14 @ Arizona - We should have won last years match up. This year, we DON'T take a knee with 1st down and 45 Seconds left on the clock. Lions win. 23-21.

11/23/14 @ New England - Tom Brady is rounding into playoff mode. Stafford? Well, he gets and education from a master of the position. Lions Lose. 35-38.

11/27/14 Chicago - Start of a 3 game home stand. Lions are looking at those last 2 games and they KNOW THEY HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE. They Do. 41-31

12/7/14 Tampa Bay - I see this game as being pretty even. Tie goes to the home team. Lions win by a FG. 27-24.

12/14 /14 Minnesota - Lions are 10-3 coming into this game. They know they probably need 1 more win to lock up a playoff spot. They look at the last 2 games and realize they better get it here. They do. Lions win. 37-17.

12/21/14 @ Chicago - It's cold. It's outside. It's in Chicago where mostly bad things happen for the Lions. Marty took the wind and the loss. The NoWinCompletion. ECT. But, Cutler accidentally slams his head in his locker door before the game and becomes color blind. He throws 4 pick 6's. Lions win. 45-24.

12/28/14 @ Green Bay - Lions never win here. They are 12-3 and division champs. They rest the superstars. Lions lose. 20-27.

Lions finish 12-4. Division Champs. Green Bay gets a wild card.

Just want you to be right one of these years, us Lions fans deserve a nice year

August 30th, 2014, 9:07 am
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims- How can you have the Lions losing to the Bills? lol And not only a loss, but to predict the Bills score THAT many points? Their offense is horrible.

You read it wrong. I have them winning. After watching Thursdays game, how could anyone predict anything but a win in the regular season match up with the Bills?

August 30th, 2014, 9:30 am

NFL Predictions

NFC-N
Packers 11-5, Bears 9-7, Lions 8-8, Vikings 5-11

NFC-E
Skins 9-7, Eagles 9-7, Giants 7-9, Cowboys 6-10

NFC-S
Saints 12-4, Bucs 9-7, Panthers 8-8, Falcons 7-9

NFC-W
Seahawks 12-4, Cardinals 8-8, 49ers 8-8, Rams 6-10

AFC-N
Cincy 11-5, Pittsburgh 9-7, Baltimore 7-9, Browns 3-13

AFC-E
Patriots 10-6, Dolphins 8-8, Jets, 7-9, Bills 2-14

AFC-S
Colts 11-5, Titans 8-8, Houston 6-10, Jacksonville 5-11

AFC-W
Denver 14-2, Kansas City 11-5, San Diego 7-9, Oakland 3-13

NFC WC
Bears 31 Skins 28, Packers 34 Eagles 24
NFC divisional
Saints 38 Bears 33, Seahawks 27 Packers 17
NFC Championship
Seahawks 30 Saints 17

AFC WC
Chiefs 27 Patriots 14, Bengals 24 Steelers 23
AFC divisional
Broncos 28 Chiefs 25, Colts 27 Bengals 24
AFC Championship
Colts 31 Broncos 30

SuperBowl
Seahawks 30
Colts 13

August 31st, 2014, 2:42 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Season Preview: On paper the Lions have one of the NFL's most powerful and explosive offenses provided that Matthew Stafford can get his head out of his rectum, find open receivers, deliver catchable balls to the open men, and avoid the picks. The addition of Golden Tate and Eric Ebron and perhaps the resurrection of Ryan Broyles career makes their offense potentially much more powerful than it was last year.

Their defense is about average and should be adequate enough to let the offense win the games. (The defense did a fine job last year in those regards.) Sure, the secondary sucks but it isn't as though the Lions offense would be unable to hold its own in a shoot-out. Ultimately, they can go as far as Stafford can take them.

So I'm a yellow (piss) Kool-Aid drinking sucker, but here are my predictions:

W - Week 1: NY Giants at Detroit (MNF)
W - Week 2: Detroit at Carolina
L - Week 3: Green Bay at Detroit
W - Week 4: Detroit at NY Jets
W - Week 5: Buffalo at Detroit (Forum Game)
W - Week 6: Detroit at Minnesota
L - Week 7: New Orleans at Detroit
W - Week 8: Detroit vs Atlanta (London)
W - Week 10: Miami at Detroit
W - Week 11: Detroit at Arizona
L - Week 12: Detroit at New England
W - Week 13: Chicago at Detroit (T-Day)
W - Week 14: Tampa Bay at Detroit
W - Week 15: Minnesota at Detroit
L - Week 16: Detroit at Chicago
L - Week 17: Detroit at Green Bay

Final = 11-5

Maybe I'm just punch drunk on the Ford Family's piss Kool-Aid, but I think most teams will have a hard time keeping up with the Lions offense. I think they'll finish with between 10-11 wins with one or two of my win predictions becoming losses if/when the offense self-destructs. Potential losses would be at Carolina, at Arizona, and at Chicago. I think they can sweep Chicago, but it's difficult to envision them finishing 12-4, so I had to add a loss somewhere.

I picked Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans as losses because the Lions just cannot beat teams that have Hall of Fame quarterbacks with any modicum of offensive talent to work with and decent defenses. They simply don't have the defensive and specifically secondary talent necessary for that.

September 1st, 2014, 3:01 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

You read it wrong. I have them winning. After watching Thursdays game, how could anyone predict anything but a win in the regular season match up with the Bills?

You're right, I did. But still, I'd predict the Bills score THAT many points total all season, but not in one game. lol

September 2nd, 2014, 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next