View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Let me throw out another QB name 
RIP Killer

Post Let me throw out another QB name
While working on the top ten NFL stories, for release tomorrow, I found this interesting. So you get a little sneak peak...

Buccaneers' officials and the agent for Brian Griese are working to restructure the veteran quarterback's contract. Agent Ralph Cindrich told the Tampa Tribune on Wednesday that he has submitted a proposal for a new contract and is waiting for Bucs' general manager Bruce Allen to respond. Griese's current contract would force the Bucs to take an $8.3 million salary cap hit.

Previous reports indicated that Bucs' officials want to resolve Griese's contract situation quickly so they can move forward with other offseason issues. The Bucs would likely CUT Griese if he doesn't restructure his contract. If Griese is cut, the Bucs would likely attempt to sign Jeff Garcia or Kurt Warner to compete with third-year signal caller Chris Simms for the starting job.

Griese started 10 games last year, appeared in 11. He had a 69.3% completion rate, threw 20 TDs to 12 INTs for a QB rating of 97.5. His career QB rating is 85.3. Griese turns 30 this March and obviously played his college ball at Michigan.

So what do you guys think about Griese? Would you take him over Hasselbeck, Kitna, Holcomb, etc...

January 13th, 2005, 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I like Griese, but maybe that's my Michigan bias. He played great in Tampa this year, and with the right coaching could play well here. I'd take him in a heartbeat, possibly #1 if he were to hit the market, because of the salary cap implications Brees or Hasselbeck would bring.

January 13th, 2005, 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

January 13th, 2005, 4:20 pm
All State

now that is a name that makes a little sense. let us know what you find out about the renogotiation process with mr griese.

intriguing :!:

January 13th, 2005, 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I've always liked Griese. I would do that.

January 13th, 2005, 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

January 13th, 2005, 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

January 13th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Brian would be great. Quateback by committe, anyone?

January 13th, 2005, 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Quateback by committe, anyone?
yeah, sounds good 1st String QB for all 1st downs, 2nd stringer for all 2nd downs, 3rd stringer for all 3rd downs....then punt :lol:

January 13th, 2005, 5:03 pm

LOL. You can't use the 3rd stringer unless the 1st 2 are injuried. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just think, both qbs in at once, the center checks out the d, then snaps to the quaterback who has been picked to throw or the one that has been picked to handoff. Of course, then the qb would have to lead block for KingJones. Need some tough qbs for that. Seriously thought, griese is the best option I have heard so far, if he wants to have to compete for the starting job.

January 13th, 2005, 5:19 pm
Profile WWW

I agree. Griese doesn't sound that bad to go after although it depends on how much he will be asking for.

And what other ppl said he didn't have that bad of a year in Tampa. I guess we'll see what happens in Tampa 1st.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 13th, 2005, 5:27 pm
RIP Killer

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Now I'm going to get out there and start a big rumor... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

January 13th, 2005, 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
All State

all you need to do is whisper it to killer. :lol:

January 13th, 2005, 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I like Brian Griese, I wish the Lions would have drafted him and not Charlie Batch.

But what are we talking about a backup for Harrington or as a replacement?

January 14th, 2005, 2:22 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Griese is interesting. Looking back at his pro career he has seemed to almost flounder until this year. He didn't pan out for Denver, looked like crap in Miami and had a heck of a year in Tampa. I think he could be a solid quarterback with the right direction.

Interesting.

January 14th, 2005, 4:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next