View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stockar 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Millen is a second round genius. Maybe he can pull something out of his rear like last year and fill many needs. Last year we got a starting rb, wr and lb. Maybe he can get us a saftey, oliner, project qb, and dliner. That is the only thing he is good at. :lol:

January 12th, 2005, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Millen is a second round genius.

Ahhh, but he isn't a genious in any other rounds of the draft!

January 12th, 2005, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Roy & KJ look alright to me thus far...how many teams that need an RB passed KJ up??? I mean Chris Perry when you have Rudy???

January 12th, 2005, 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Roy & KJ look alright to me thus far...how many teams that need an RB passed KJ up??? I mean Chris Perry when you have Rudy???

Yes, Marvin Lewis made a terrible selection there. I already stated that I would rather have Winslow, but wouldn't have passed on that deal. And Jones would have been a second rounder, yet we didn't need to trade up for him. Who were we moving in front of to snatch him?

January 12th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

And Jones would have been a second rounder, yet we didn't need to trade up for him. Who were we moving in front of to snatch him?

Brian, that is a little too simplistic to state. The teams that picked between the KC pick (30) we traded for and the Lions second rounder were:

San Fran, New England, Arizona and NY Giants - granted none of them were in the market for a RB.

However, there were a ton of trades happening. Starting at the Lions second round pick, 9 of 10 picks were traded.

You had Denver and Dallas making noise trying to grab a RB. Detroit made the move to get Jones and Denver took Bell while the Cowboys took J. Jones.

We can't say KJ would have been available by the time the Lions second round pick came up. I wouldn't have risked it and I applaud the move the Lions eventually made.

Then again, I could be very biased. This time last year I wanted to take KJ with their #6 pick so what do I know??? :wink:

January 12th, 2005, 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

My draft prediction was Sean Taylor. Obviously, I just go by what's posted on the internet mock drafts. If there is one thing that I don't have any profiency at all in, it is the draft becasue I don't follow the NCAA. Can't wait for Brian's mock tommorow. Please give us Ermaus James. :lol: :wink: :arrow: :arrow: :idea:

January 12th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Can't wait for Brian's mock tommorow. Please give us Ermaus James. :lol: :wink: :arrow: :arrow: :idea:

Ehhhh...uhhhh....

You'll have to see! LOL! :idea:

January 12th, 2005, 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post Trade
I'm loving David Pollack. Great pick if we don't trade down. But with who and for what?

January 13th, 2005, 9:18 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Post Re: Trade
bsand2053 wrote:
I'm loving David Pollack. Great pick if we don't trade down. But with who and for what?

Just too early to speculate trade scenarios, IMO. There's a long way to go. 1/2 the people I listed may not be in the first round after post-season workouts begin.

January 13th, 2005, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW

How much can you read into postseason workouts and combines? I never put too much trust in them. If you run a good 40 time, you could get million's of dollars more than a guy one step behind you. You should judge players as a whole package, not a statistic.

January 13th, 2005, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

what was the name of the LB the eagles drafted because he had a killer combine. mike something

January 13th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Post combine
I think it was Mike Labinjo.

Rember, Jerry Rice's 40 was never super. but that didn't keep him from being the GOAT of wrs. There is more to football ten numbers, as i have said before.

January 13th, 2005, 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
All State

Post Re: combine
bsand2053 wrote:
There is more to football ten numbers, as i have said before.

ain't that the truth. look what happened to kj after running a poor 40 time - he slid all the way to the end of the first round.

barry sanders - too small
chris spielman - too small and too slow
etc...

but for some players it can solidify their draft slot. roy williams had a killer workout which just confirmed what scouts were already thinking. he bust out a great 40 time, his vertical leap was outstanding.

what a team needs is "football players" and a workout doesn't tell the whole story.

January 13th, 2005, 5:19 pm
Profile WWW

Besides, I would rather see how long it took a guy to run 40 yards in pads with defenders breating down his neck while looking for the ball in the air. That is more important than some college track star who can jump high.

January 13th, 2005, 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

How much can you read into postseason workouts and combines? I never put too much trust in them. If you run a good 40 time, you could get million's of dollars more than a guy one step behind you. You should judge players as a whole package, not a statistic.

You can never put too much stock into them. I wouldn't devalue anyone greatly enough based solely on the fact that they run a poor 40 time. But speed does matter in the NFL. Last year Dunta Robinson wasn't even talked about until his numbers came out, and he was a first round pick and should have won rookie of the year. But it can work the other way as well. Kevin Jones ran a poor 40 time, but still has had a great season. Lee Evans was thought of as a 2nd rounder until he ran a blistering 40 time, and he has played well in his first year. Overall, it doesn't make that much of a difference, but scouts really pay attention to stuff like that, and it fluxulates draft stock greatly.

January 13th, 2005, 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next