View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Let me throw out another QB name 
Modmin Dude

Just think, both qbs in at once, the center checks out the d, then snaps to the quaterback who has been picked to throw or the one that has been picked to handoff.
:lol: :lol:

Quote:
Griese is interesting. Looking back at his pro career he has seemed to almost flounder until this year. He didn't pan out for Denver, looked like crap in Miami and had a heck of a year in Tampa.
How many years has he been in the NFL???

Quote:
But what are we talking about a backup for Harrington or as a replacement?
I'm thinking for competition, may the best QB win

January 14th, 2005, 9:37 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

He was drafted in the 98 draft I believe.

January 14th, 2005, 9:38 am
Modmin Dude

So, that would make this (2004) his 6th year....and everyone is biatching about Joey in his 3rd year??? :? :?

January 14th, 2005, 9:41 am
Site Admin

Griese was never bad in Denver...but you have to remember that Denver was an older team when they won with Elway...so 3 years after and you have some (many) ppl ready to retire and the team was not performing too "Denvers standards" (umm Superbowl Victory). Miami had Ricky then...but look at how bad they were this year...I think they are just a really bad team that had a big name RB. I do not think his year in Tampa was fluky at all...he did very well in Denver IMO with the exception of some shoulder issues which he played through despite the need for surgery. I think his years in Denver were pretty damn good, you just have to look at where they were coming from...he was starting a year after they won a Superbowel!!!

A little side note is that all players take a standardized test when joining the NFL...I believe he is one of the highest scoring people ever amoung football players. Not that it is what to base the decision on but he is no dummy.

January 14th, 2005, 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

A little side note is that all players take a standardized test when joining the NFL...
I believe that is the Wunderlick test...

January 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
RIP Killer

Actually it is called the Wonderlic! It's 50 questions and you get 12 minutes to complete it. Few players finish the whole thing and I believe there has only been 1 perfect score since the test has been given and he was a kicker.

Anyway, the average score is 20 and equals 100 IQ, this is what your typical job applicant might score. A score of 10 is the bottom for literacy, you can read... barely.

Griese went to Michigan, I'm sure he did well. Don't quote me on this but I believe Charles Rogers scored a 5 - ouch! As a fellow Spartan all I can say is GO STATE!

January 14th, 2005, 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well I know Steve Young was pretty high but Griese was pretty exceptional by the sounds of it.

NFL QBs Scores...pretty cool...
http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htm

Eli Manning and Griese both got 39s :shock:

But there is a paper linked to it from a study finding that intelligence has no statistically relevant relationship to performance.

January 14th, 2005, 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The list is super funtastic to look through...check out Akili Smiths LMAO...

Dan Marino 14 :shock:
Drew Henson 42
McNabb 12, 16
Kordell 12
Elvis Grbac 16 :shock:
Jeff George 10 :shock: :shock:

January 14th, 2005, 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I think traditionally the lower the score the better the player usually turns out. Joey got a 32 and McMahon 22....
Daunte 18, 21, 15
Culpepper, who was administered the test three times, had a high of 21 and a low of 15. Because of his academic struggles even to gain admittance to a four-year institution, some teams think the 15 is more realistic.

hmmmm :?

January 14th, 2005, 12:29 pm
All State

Jeff George 10 :shock: :shock:

doesn't that say it all. :mrgreen:

it's funny, as i go through that list it seems to be a good reflection on how i might have ranked them by intelligence if i was to guess. looks like a pretty accurate test.

January 14th, 2005, 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Funny, according to the wonderlic, the smartest positions are the quarterback and the offensive line!

January 14th, 2005, 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I?m not saying Joey is a top 15 QB in the NFL but who the heck is? See where the problem is there are not enough good QB to go around.

Here I?ll give you a head start:

Guy who will be on the list:
Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, Brett Favre

Guys who might be on the list:
Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Brian Griese, Trent Green, Marc Bulger, Michael Vick, Chad Pennington, Jake Delhomme, Jake Plummer, David Carr, Matt Hasselbeck, Byron Leftwich, Aaron Brooks, Drew Bledsoe, Carson Palmer

Don?t even think about it:
Vinny Testaverde, Kerry Collins, Patrick Ramsey, Josh McCown, Kyle Boller, Mark Brunell, Ken Dorsey, A.J. Feeley, Kurt Warner, Tim Rattay, Jeff Garcia

January 14th, 2005, 8:42 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thats a good list Leo, I do, however, have one problem with it. IMO, Mike Vick isn't a QB. He had 14 tds in 15 games this season. Joey Ballgame had 12 tds in 14 in his rookie year. He is the best athelete in the game and the most exciting player, but he is also the most overrated player. The Lions sacked him 6 times, held him to 0 tds, and 1 interception on 35 rushing yards. He also lost 2 fumbles against them. Just my opinion. He could still surprise me.

January 14th, 2005, 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

LOL. You can't use the 3rd stringer unless the 1st 2 are injuried. Just think, both qbs in at once, the center checks out the d, then snaps to the quaterback who has been picked to throw or the one that has been picked to handoff. Of course, then the qb would have to lead block for KingJones. Need some tough qbs for that

What about that HUGE qb out of Kentucky? Lorenzen or something like that? That guy was like, 300Lbs. He could do the blockin.

January 16th, 2005, 6:15 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

bsand2053, that's why Vick on the maybe list.

He's the point that second group of guys is pretty much interchangeable including Harrington. Put Harrington on San Diego his stats go up and Brees to Detroit and his stats would go down. I believe you could pretty much shuffle around that maybe group of QBs and get just abou the same results.

January 16th, 2005, 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2