View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Tom Kowalski chat transcript 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If you two have resolved your differences, :lol: I would like to throw my hat in the ring with something almost as controversial. Az-Zahire Hakim. It seemed like Killer wasn't in love with my favorite slot reciever. People are on him for not producing, but he shouldn't be put in a postition to. He was great in St. Louis because he was #3, behind Holt and Bruce, two of the best in the league. Well, CRog and Roy will be some of the best in the league next year. Whats to say that Az won't have a very good season? I have confidence in him, and he is the most exciting player we have.

If you want to continue your discussion, feel free to ignore this post. :wink: :wink:

January 14th, 2005, 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

lol yeah wags 2 minutes for instigating!!

A) I do not want it to happen. I actually would prefer we keep Joey and Mike and get a rookie for development. Nothing I see on the market makes me say "oooooooo" or even close...if they signed Warner I would say "ewwwwwwwwwwww".

2) Do I believe the story? Yes. I am going on "Who ever denied it supplied it" school of thought. M&M did a pretty big song and dance about it not happening...it reminded me of my 4 year when heard me coming round the corner and his hand was in the cookie jar...he looked a bit like this :shock: and said "HI DAD!"

I think the Lions strong reaction says it all. They are going to (or were) try something just like trying for Brunell or Hasslebeck were both exposed plots before. Remember Millen denying that he wasn't going to fire Marty...or when they denied Morton was going to be cut? Especially when Johnny was the offence that year :roll: De Nile is not just a river :?

UPDATE: lol...I like Hakim too as #3. I thought he did good this year especially vs Streets :roll: I would love to keep him...for the right price!

January 14th, 2005, 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
All State

lol yeah wags 2 minutes for instigating!!

UPDATE: lol...I like Hakim too as #3. I thought he did good this year especially vs Streets :roll: I would love to keep him...for the right price!

ok alpha, we can agree to disagree on the validity of the story.

wags - make that a 5 minute major.

as for hakim, i hate to say this now, i agree with alpha. :lol:

January 14th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Man, I enjoyed that. Maybe I can start you two back up. Killer is the same guy that said the Lions and Shaun Rogers were not even close an agreement - a few days later Big Baby was back under contract.

Hey, I've got a new idea for the site. Perhaps we can start a page that simply tracks all the time Kowolski is wrong about something. Wait, forget page, I probably need a who new section for that.

OK, gotta go and buy some more disk space for the site.

January 14th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Hey, I've got a new idea for the site. Perhaps we can start a page that simply tracks all the time Kowolski is wrong about something. Wait, forget page, I probably need a who new section for that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I second the motion!! The man is a joke. He makes me look like a peabody prize winner. I actually feel sorry for him.

January 14th, 2005, 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

lol yeah wags 2 minutes for instigating!!!

spiderman wrote:
wags - make that a 5 minute major.

:lol: ***goes to sin bin to serve time***

January 17th, 2005, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

Good job Wags - we need a little controversy in the offseason to spice things up.

There was a lot of responses to Killer's article. I focused more on the national media and their response. Here is one from ESPN's Len Pasquarelli:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1966961

What I found most interesting is the fact that Len strongly states that Killer's sources were wrong and that the Lions are interested in Warner (please no)...

Quote:
Ever seen a franchise refute a published report as adamantly as the Detroit Lions denied the suggestion this week they were considering releasing quarterback Joey Harrington in the next couple months? The Lions essentially debunked every comma of the story. And that's because they have no plans to dump Harrington, despite a salary cap number that will approximate $10.5 million in 2005. We're not about to suggest the sources in the story were fabricated. No way. Heck, we've been burned by sources before, and likely will be again. What they were, though, was wrong.

Harrington is already on record as saying he is open to restructuring his contract to lower the cap number. He is due a roster bonus of $3 million on July 1, and "escalators" have raised his base salary from $675,000 to nearly $5 million for 2005. Certainly the third overall choice in the 2002 draft hasn't yet played at a level that justifies that kind of money.

But the Lions aren't about to just squander everything they have invested in Harrington, especially since there really is no alternative on the roster right now. Lions officials are definitely disappointed that their quarterback hasn't lived up to his hype. As we've noted here many times, Harrington will not be a great, "franchise"-type quarterback, but is a player with whom Detroit can win, if he can achieve consistency, play within himself and take advantage of the improving corps of playmakers around him.

The Lions almost certainly will sign a veteran free agent -- the name most often mentioned is Kurt Warner -- this spring to buttress their shallow quarterback depth chart. And coach Steve Mariucci will allow a much more open competition at the position. But bet the house Harrington will be part of the competition.

January 17th, 2005, 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I really don't think there's any chance that Warner will come to Detroit. HE isn't going to be guaranteed the starting job and I'm not sure that he is a WCO QB.

January 17th, 2005, 10:44 pm
QB Coach

I really don't think there's any chance that Warner will come to Detroit. HE isn't going to be guaranteed the starting job and I'm not sure that he is a WCO QB.

I understand your point, but where is Warner going to be guaranteed a starting job? Arizona (McCown is a FA), seems like the only place. I think he will sign somewhere not where he is guaranteed to start, but at least has a chance to start.

January 18th, 2005, 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I understand your point, but where is Warner going to be guaranteed a starting job? Arizona (McCown is a FA), seems like the only place. I think he will sign somewhere not where he is guaranteed to start, but at least has a chance to start.

I agree, I don't think Warner would be guaranteed a starting job anywhere, but I'm sure he would at least want a "real" competion, and I'm not sure that we have that here...........although, maybe that's what the Killer story was about....trying to entice him or other FA QBs into 'competing' for the starting job

January 18th, 2005, 4:27 pm
Site Admin

...although, maybe that's what the Killer story was about....trying to entice him or other FA QBs into 'competing' for the starting job

Tell the Killer to entice someone else :?

January 18th, 2005, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Tell the Killer to entice someone else :?

Yeah, I'm not too interested in that glorified grocery store bagger boy.........I'd rather have Greise

January 18th, 2005, 4:37 pm
Site Admin

All I have to say is forget the SI cover curse...my new thought is that Campbells soup commercials will kill your career...T.Davis...K.Warner...watch out Donovan...you're next :shock:

January 18th, 2005, 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

All I have to say is forget the SI cover curse...my new thought is that Campbells soup commercials will kill your career...T.Davis...K.Warner...watch out Donovan...you're next :shock:

One can only hope....I'm getting so sick of seeing Donovan and his mother on TV

January 18th, 2005, 4:54 pm
Site Admin

Wholesome goodness or meal of the damned????

January 18th, 2005, 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next