View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sproles 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Sproles
I have been in love with Darren sproles since I saw him in a bowl last year. All the draft sites are hating on him though? Where does he go in the draft? I wanted us to get him this year before we go KingJames. Brian the draftmaster, Pablo, anyone, thoughts?

January 14th, 2005, 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I have been in love with Darren sproles since I saw him in a bowl last year. All the draft sites are hating on him though? Where does he go in the draft? I wanted us to get him this year before we go KingJames. Brian the draftmaster, Pablo, anyone, thoughts?

Thoughts - yes. First, I know why you have been in love with Darren Sproles since you first saw him. Why? I wrote about it in an article about the Playboy All-American team (bottom of the draft section) that said:

Best look-alike: Darren Sproles and Barry Sanders. Sproles is the same size, speed, personality and ability as the Hall-of-Famer.

That's right. While he is no Barry Sanders, he does certainly remind you of the greatest running back who ever put on a pair of cleats. As for where he might go in the draft, well, we will be covering running backs next week and I don't want to give away anything that will be in Tuesday's Top Ten list. You just gotta wait a few more days - Sorry! :wink:

January 15th, 2005, 1:56 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Sproles isn't elusive enough to be a factor in the NFL. He could be a kick returner, or a change-of-pace third down back, but won't be able to handle the starting job in the NFL. He is at best a second day pick. He is very small, and if you are going to be small, you have to be quick and elusive, and I don't think Sproles has that.

He struggled against the good teams, and was spectacular against poor teams. Take out the games he had against Louisiana-Lafayette and Western Kentucky, then Sproles averages 88 yards per game rather than 119.

In short, he isn't as talented as his numbers reflect, and should be a late round pick on the second day.

January 15th, 2005, 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Oh okay. I guess I just don't understand how someone spectacular in college can not be given a chance in the pros. Like Jason White. From what I have heard, he isn't even a 3rd rounder.

January 17th, 2005, 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]