View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions Playoff hopes 2017 
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Lions Playoff hopes 2017
Leo wrote:
The problem I have with not challenging the play is on the replay it looked like he caught it and even the guys in the booth said it looked that way. I understand the chance the refs were going to over turn that play was slim at best. But the Lions were in a terrible position. Deep in their own end they needed like a 50+ yard punt with no return just to keep just to keep the Bengals out of Lions territory. I think the Bengals got the ball at the Lions 45. The Bengals only need to get one first down to be in field goal range and two for the game to over. In other words slim was all they had at that point.

It didnt help that Sam Martin instead of just shanking kicks in key/clutch situations now is routinely shanking his kicks. lions should ve kept him on IR until he proved he was healthy - Locke certainly was more consistent than Martin this year. I dont remember the Lions having a punter as talented as Martin before but I also dont remember a punter letting the team down so frequently with horrible shanks.

December 26th, 2017, 10:52 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

regularjoe12 wrote:
It's all going to come down to GB.

Cincy is almost a guaranteed win after watching them today, and the announcement of Lewis moving on at the end of the season. They have nothing left to play for as a team, and I wouldn't be shocked to see 3-6 players put on IR this week from them.

Way to make me look like an A-hole Lions...such a winnable game.

December 27th, 2017, 10:50 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
It's all going to come down to GB.

Cincy is almost a guaranteed win after watching them today, and the announcement of Lewis moving on at the end of the season. They have nothing left to play for as a team, and I wouldn't be shocked to see 3-6 players put on IR this week from them.

Way to make me look like an A-hole Lions...such a winnable game.

that last statement is now true of the lions but it might be nice to finish 5-1 in the division and sweep green bay albeit without rodgers - its nice to not have those ugly streaks of futility.

December 27th, 2017, 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2