View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 FA Moves I want back... 
Site Admin

Post FA Moves I want back...
bsanders listed some funny stuff...

bsand2053 wrote:
LOL!!! No shot clock is about as logical as some of the DumbA things that this club has done cough*Joey, Jonnie, Marty*cough.

And I was thinking about the Lions list of needs right now and a couple FA moves we could take back would fill a few...if you can think of any post em but here are some that would help IMO...

Oline: Jeff Hartings, Mike Compton
Jeff was always extremely solid and Mike was extremely versitile. We could have saved some drafting of olinemen if we would have kept these guys.

And right now I think we need a 3rd receiver who can make catches...and to me Johnnie Morton was one of those receivers. He wasn't a number 1 for sure but he was good at making the catch and I think this coming season that would be HUGE.

Anyways...that's my list wuts yours?

January 14th, 2005, 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

How have my beloved Lions screwed up? Let me count the ways.

1. Jonnie, has was one of the only good playmakers. He, James, and Cory bent backward for the team. Why get rid of your best weapon because of something personal? When I saw him doing the worm in the last game of his lion career, I mistakingly thougt I would being seeing it for years to come.

2. James Stewart. He isn't KingJones, but for some reason, the coaches just gave up on him. In retrospect, it didn't hurt that much, but what if KingJones didn't pan out? We would have an excellent 3rd down back for our every down back.

3. Marty. Taking the wind. 'Nough said.

4. This is personal, but I would have liked to have a big home field advantage with an open stadium. Oh well.

5. As Alpha said, Mike and Jeff were stupid FA losses. Two excellent oliners who were lost.

6. Herman. This is a strech, but the coaches never told Charlie that one the single season record holder in rections existed.

7. Joey. Don't cut him, but I don't like him one bit. We never gave poor mike a chance.

8. Nick Harris. Why didn't John Jett come back? Maybe the injury was serious, this is an iffy one.

9. Three oliners in a row at #1. Didn't get any speed or playmaking.

10. Gary. He was doing good. Why get rid of him for an untested assistant?

11. We could have drafted Randy Moss. Got Terry Fair. Hmm..

Thats my 11, not in any order. As you can see, I have LFS. Lions Fan Syndrome. Symptoms, estreem depression on sundays in the fall.

Thougts?

January 14th, 2005, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
All State

1. morton - he was the lions best offensive player, by far, in his last season.

2. stewart - they gave up on him based on the injury. i can't fault the lions for that and no other team has picked him up since. that says enough for me.

3. marty - oh, you had to bring up that again didn't you.

4. open stadium in detroit - i like it.

5. very true.

6. lol

7. i'm not going to get into the joey vs mike debate, but i was happy the lions at least tried to take a qb in the first round instead of another offensive lineman at the time.

8. jett was injured, that is why harris is here. he wasn't a bad midseason pickup either.

9. ok, i'm getting upset now.

10. hey, at least he had a winning record. in fact, he is the only lions coach out of the last 10 that we can say that about.

11. ok, now i'm about to go out and do some real damage. let's see:

with the 20th pick in the draft, the lions select a 5'9" cornerback (who - is even playing still?)

with the 21st pick in the draft, the vikings select a 6'4" wide receiver (at least 6'9" with the fro) who has 91 tds in his 109 games and has a mean moon move on the fly route.

January 14th, 2005, 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Not to start rumors, well maybe, but I have heard some say that Morton would like to return to the Lions and finish his career back in Detroit.

Despite the disagreements with Millen, Morton loved the city, the fans and most of the organization.

I'm not sure if my sources are any better than Killer's on this rumor but I will confirm that I did NOT hear it from Sherm.

January 14th, 2005, 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

There is nothing that would make my off season happier than if Jonnie came back home. Well, I wouldn't say no to a Peyton for Rick Mier trade, but I try to stay grounded in relality. Come home Jonnie, Come home!!!!!!!!!!!

January 14th, 2005, 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Good picks all, but as we know.....that is the life of a Lions fan.

January 16th, 2005, 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]