View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Offensive coordinator 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Offensive coordinator
I read an article in the Free Press that states that Mooch interviewed 3 people for the job. Rathman, Olson and Morris. He says that he isn't considering them as top candidates, but if he needs to go in house he has those options. He intends to interview more people including Ted Tollner the coordinator from Frisco. To be honest I don't think I like it. To be sure I want to see them hire from outside the organization, but I would also like to see them hire someone from outside the 49ers organization also.

Any thoughts?

January 14th, 2005, 9:05 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think he is just interviewing for a title. Mooch will call the plays

January 14th, 2005, 9:25 am
Modmin Dude

I think he is just interviewing for a title. Mooch will call the plays
I disagree. I don't think that Millen will let it go that way, especially after the numbers that Joey put up when Olson was calling the plays.

January 14th, 2005, 9:33 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Why not greg Olson? He seems like a good choice. I highly doubt chow will come here. And anyone from frisco will probably run that crappy wco that mooch did.

January 14th, 2005, 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The Chow thing sounds really good but the reality is that the Lions are poised to have a pretty solid offensive year. So you get a hot commodity like Chow, possibly make the playoffs and he will no doubt be given much of the credit and start doing rounds for Head coaching gigs. I like Olsens calls and told Pablo that I liked what I saw out of Joey the last three games without thinking about a different play caller making Joey plays more agreesive.

In theory are offense should be better...2nd year players Roy and Jones should get better, and the hope that Chuck can play at least 1/2 the season is there as well. Who knows what will happen at the QB position and only time will tell. More likely than not it will be Joey Ballgame and that is fine as long as he stops thinking so much and just starts gunning.

I also hope the defence pushes a little more. I think their conservatism was definately a let down on a team where we do have some dfencive play makers. I would like to see Bly bounce back and some of our speedy LBs be in more blitzs to create havoc on the QBs. Really more pressure on the QBs and you will see Bly return a few TDs IMO. That's why defensively our needs are saftey and always ALWAYS depth at CB. I want to see how Cash and Goodman develop this year as well. Early on I thought Cash would be the man...we will see.

OMG...too much coffee lol

January 14th, 2005, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Hey bsand, you might as well give up hope on not running the crappy WCO. Mooch isn't going to change and anyone that thinks they are going to run a different type of offense next year is diluted. Bottom line: Mooch isn't going to change the offense.

January 16th, 2005, 4:24 pm

please, don't shoot down my fantasy yet. ill die with one more year of five yard passes on 3rd and 8.

January 16th, 2005, 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Welcome to the WCO! Those crappy 5 passes are what the WCO is built on. The reciever is supposed to turn it into a 8 gain. Too bad all guys are tackled the minute the touch the football, so much YAC.

January 16th, 2005, 6:37 pm

I know, but being married to a system that doesn't work doesn't make sense. With KingJames and Roy, we could have a good spread the field offense. You should mold your system around the players, not your players around the system. Thats the problem with the WCO, and thats why Bellicheck is so good. He works with what he has.

January 16th, 2005, 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Now, now bsand, that'll be enough of that common sense stuff. There's no room for that in the NFL, at-least not in the Lions organization. Detroit has the talent in the key positions to be able to stretch the field, lets just hope they use it next year.

January 16th, 2005, 11:28 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Offensive coordinator
lionsfanak wrote:
To be sure I want to see them hire from outside the organization, but I would also like to see them hire someone from outside the 49ers organization also.

Any thoughts?

My guess is that they will hire someone from outside of the organization and not from San Fran either. Don't listen to much talk about the OC until the playoffs are over. That's when the hot coaches will be able to start talking to clubs. I don't think the Lions will hire anyone until then.

January 17th, 2005, 10:36 am
Profile WWW

Now, now bsand, that'll be enough of that common sense stuff. There's no room for that in the NFL, at-least not in the Lions organization.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

It sure seems that way, doesn't it? Maybe the Lions could get a dude from Indy, a qb or wr coach. I know the coord there won't want to come here. I still like Greg Olson, but I guess Mooch doesn't. Does anyone know how much input Millen has on the new OC? He is the CEO.

January 17th, 2005, 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

You are definately right about Indy's coordinator not coming to Detroit.....he has already been here. I don't see him leaving Indy to try another stint in pergatory, I mean Detroit.

January 18th, 2005, 5:19 am
Modmin Dude

What about someone from the Pats coaching staff??? Bill Belichick has a great system over there and seemed to start his own coaching 'tree'. It would be nice to have someone with his offensive outlook and management capabilities.

http://cachewww.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=521

http://cachewww.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=516

http://cachewww.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=11753

http://cachewww.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=521

Any thoughts????

January 18th, 2005, 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]