View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Pack's safety Sharper could be available 
RIP Killer

Post Pack's safety Sharper could be available
Here is one of the stories I am working on for the Top Ten list on Friday but thought everyone might find interesting now....

Green Bay safety Darren Sharper could be asked to take a pay cut in the near future. Although Sharper is under contract through 2006, he has a salary cap number of $8.633 million, which might lead the Packers to release him if he refuses to renegotiate his deal. "I'm under contract for next season," Sharper told the Green Bay Press Gazette recently. "If they have a problem with my contract, they haven't said anything to me about it."

Green Bay is going to have to make some tough decisions with a number of players. Especially considering that two of their OL will be free agents soon - Rivera and Wahle.

hummmm...... :wink:

January 19th, 2005, 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Wouldn't he be like getting another Marion??? Old and broken and cost too much???

January 19th, 2005, 4:18 pm
Site Admin

Sharper is 5 years younger than Marion...not 30 until November. In the last 5 years or so Brock Marion had some of his most productive years...I think that would be a good pickup for the right price. Not much more out there via FA from what I have seen.

January 19th, 2005, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

He has certainly been slowed down by injuries the last few years and not been close to his old Pro Bowl form. I certainly would like to see the Lions go in a different direction than Sharper (Darius anyone?). I just was posting this as another reason why the Pack could well take a big step backwards next year.

January 19th, 2005, 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I am all for us getting Darius. I like his tough play at safety.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 19th, 2005, 5:38 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't think that I would care for Sharper, but that situation sure does seem to back Green Bay into a corner with the other free agents they are going to have to sign.

January 20th, 2005, 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]