View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 LIONS WIN!!! 
QB Coach

Post LIONS WIN!!!
Was a great pre-season game. Both Pittsburgh and Detroit's starting offenses looked to be running on all cylinders. Some players that impressed me personally that aren't starters are the following.

Colin Cole
Cory Redding
Jared Devries
Marcus Bell
Avon Cobourne
Scott Genard
Kalimba Edwards (Okay, I know)

Boy we dropped a lot of interceptions! McMahon looked like the McMahon of old, good athleticism, poor accuracy/decision making. Rogers and Harrington had a good connection, looks like he is Harrington's favorite target. Matt Brandt....ehhhhh....not sure if he will last the week with the team. Lehman showed that he was a rookie, but has good tools. Didn't get to see much of Roy. Gary actually looked good at times. Kelly Butler looks awful to me, but it was one game.

Your thoughts on the Lions first victory (I know it was pre-season!)

August 14th, 2004, 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Post GAME NOTES: Detroit Lions versus Pittsburgh Steelers
Pablo (paul)

Thanks for the summary of the game. I didn't want to start another thread, so I just stuck it in "LIONS WIN". Family commitments kept me from watching, so I appreciate the insights that you provided.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

August 15th, 2004, 11:31 am
RIP Killer

Rabbi - your most welcome. I had to catch the game on NFL network so the game didn't finish till 3:30am - ouch! If I have some errors - you know why. I will be trying to put together a game recap later today after some sleep (I had a soccer game at 8:30 this morning - double ouch).

Brian is right on with McMahon - same old same old. Harrington looked very sharpe and Charles Rogers looked AWESOME! Roy Williams didn't get involved much. Casey Fitzsimmons also had a nice game.

I wasn't impressed with the Lions defensive line. The Steelers were running right up the gut on the Lions. On defense I thought Curry filled in nicely for Boss, at least he was in on a lot of tackles. Teddy Lehman impressed me as well when he entered the game.

Overall the first team offense looked strong but the defense (with a lot of guys out) looked shaky. Big Ben looked pretty good with his first outing for the Steelers and Duce Staley tore up the D but thankfully fumbled out of the end zone on the first possesion.

I'm pumped - GO LIONS!

August 15th, 2004, 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

I wasn't impressed with the Lions defensive line. The Steelers were running right up the gut on the Lions.

I would agree that I didn't think that the STARTING DLine was very impressive, but I was very very VERY impressed by the likes of Cole and Redding. I thought both of them played a very good game.

August 15th, 2004, 12:34 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Rabbi, ps - I've updated the game recap for you and put in a new pic of Rogers first catch in traffic. I've included a scoring summary and team/individual stats... Gotta start working on grades now...

August 15th, 2004, 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Agreed about the defensive line...it was painful watching the first drive of the game and Pittsburgh running at us without mercy. Rogers and Wilkinson weren't impressive at all.

August 15th, 2004, 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Towel Boy

Post Lions Win
My major concerns weren't the defensive tackles so much as the Ends. Neither Kalimba nor Hall showed any ability to stuff the run. Plus our LBs didn't play up to par.

On the offense, the precision passing was nice, however I wondered about two things. Joey seemed to stare Rogers down, and not look to Williams at all, which could be bad when we face a better secondary. Also, I'm still not happy with the run blocking of the O-line. We have better running backs (Pinner looked pretty good), but they need holes to run through.

August 15th, 2004, 10:43 pm
Baton Girl

McMahon looked like the McMahon of old, good athleticism, poor accuracy/decision making.

hey we can look on the bright side about this :D ......This sould put to bed the Joey / Mikie thing.. :x
Now joey take us to the promise land :D

August 17th, 2004, 9:13 pm
Fair Weather Fan

In defense of the OL, they were blocking against a 3-4 scheme with very little preparation. We will see how much better or worse they are against CLE's 4-3, the same d that gave up over 500 yards to Jamal Lewis last year. Also Pitts blitzed close to 30 times, whats up with that? The Lions never went Dog on any play that I can remember.

I just want to see improvement from week to week, to me thats what the preseason is for.

GO LIONS!!

August 18th, 2004, 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]