View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 McCarthy Takes Detroit OC Job! 
Cheerleader

Post McCarthy Takes Detroit OC Job!
You guys got a good one. Hopefully, he learns from the mistakes he made in New Orleans!

January 20th, 2005, 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Thanks for the update, there has been a lot of speculation on the boards about this.

Let your thoughts on the matter flow...

Do you have a link?

January 20th, 2005, 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Don't know much about the saints or McCarthy.

Does he run WCO or what?

EDIT:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_344319_93&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Quote:
McCarthy, 41, would be expected to help tailor the Lions playbook to accomodate the strengths of third-year quarterback Joey Harrington . Harrington appears to favor a more vertical passing attack rather than the dink and dunk approach the Lions used most of the season.

Sounds nice

January 20th, 2005, 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Stats Boy

The one problem I know that Saints' fans had with McCarthy was his refusal to run the ball regularly. Deuce would disappear for three weeks at a time. He loves to throw the ball but hopefully we will remember Kevin Jones. I think we would all like to see more of him in 2005, huh? It's a solid hire though in my opinion.

January 21st, 2005, 12:09 am
Cheerleader

The one problem I know that Saints' fans had with McCarthy was his refusal to run the ball regularly. Deuce would disappear for three weeks at a time. He loves to throw the ball but hopefully we will remember Kevin Jones. I think we would all like to see more of him in 2005, huh? It's a solid hire though in my opinion.

You're right lionsroar! He would regularly forget about Deuce when a strong running game could have solidified a victory but he can get hot with the best of them. You will have a top 10 offense next season.

January 21st, 2005, 12:26 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

So, if the running game disappears, the offense will look like it did in the beginning of the season? Let's hope that doesn't happen.

January 21st, 2005, 1:18 am
Pop Warner Vet

You guys are discussing McCarthy as if his engagement was already sure. Are you really so certain about that? Detroit Free Press says there were at least 2 interviews this week, Ted Tollner (49ers) and McCarthy. Even the above yahoo link speaks of McCarthy only as the "leading candidate", but not more yet.

January 21st, 2005, 6:13 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

To answer your question silversurge....no. He is not signed, he just looks like the odds-on favorite at this point. The only report of this is from the yahoo link on this thread. I checked espn, cbssports the free press and the Lions website and there was no word of it. At this point it is just conjecture. Personaly, I would like to see them look at more options.

January 21st, 2005, 7:00 am
Modmin Dude

So, if the running game disappears, the offense will look like it did in the beginning of the season? Let's hope that doesn't happen.

You mean when we started 4-2??? What was so bad about that?

January 21st, 2005, 9:55 am
Pop Warner Vet

I checked espn, cbssports the free press and the Lions website and there was no word of it.
That's what I did and that's why I was wondering whether somebody here had information I didn't know. As I read, McCarthy is talking with the Jaguars as well, so it seems to be way too early to say he will get the job in Detroit. I hope he will not.

PS: I hope my English is O.K., it's not my mother tongue. Please correct me if I make bad mistakes.

January 21st, 2005, 10:19 am
RIP Killer

PS: I hope my English is O.K., it's not my mother tongue. Please correct me if I make bad mistakes.

I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere either.

Silversurger - welcome to the LB Board! We are very excited to have a member from Germany.

PS - You English is very good!

Guten Tag! (Now, my German is very poor)

January 21st, 2005, 10:38 am
Profile WWW

Saints Fan, where did you hear about mccarthy? This source from the free press from today has him as a possibility.

http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/nfl21e_20050121.htm

January 21st, 2005, 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think if he is picked he still works for Mooch right. The running game WILL NOT dissappear under Mooch I would wager :wink:

January 21st, 2005, 10:47 am
Profile WWW

The running game WILL NOT dissappear under Mooch I would wager

LOL :lol: :lol:

Remember, when you throw the ball, three things can happen, and two are bad. :twisted:

January 21st, 2005, 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

<---I just realized I am a "Heisman Winner" :lol:

January 21st, 2005, 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next