View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Tip off is tonight! Predictions? 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Tip off is tonight! Predictions?
Well everyone, it is that time of the year again! No, not the NFL Draft. It's time for Deee-troit Baass-ketball!

Wanted to know what everyone's thoughts and predictions on the season will be? I personally think that the Pistons will struggle early under a new coach, but will come on strong around the quarter mark of the season and pull out the Central Division crown over the Pacers.

I look for us to finish with about 55-58 wins and make it back to the finals, this time sealing the deal on our home court.

Thoughts?..........

Tim

November 2nd, 2005, 2:12 pm
Site Admin

I think 60 wins is doable...the Pistons know defence...they played it before LB got here...they will play since he is gone...but Flip will bring some positivie changes and the team for the most part are hardened playoff savy vets. They performed well even when their coach exit plans were made public and they still managed to get into the finals.

I just hope they work it in the regular season to get the home court advantage...I think that was certainly the difference last year as to why they did not repeat.

And hell...this year we have Darko the blocking machine :lol:

November 2nd, 2005, 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

After what seems to be a depressing lions season, I am so excited for the pistons to start the season. I think we will win the title this year on our court in six games against the spurs, as far as wins in the regular season we managed 54 without a bench so with the bench we have sixty seems about right.

I am hoping for the second seed in the east so that Pacers and the heat can face each other and take each other out. Hopefully we face Larry Brown in the first round and sweep the Knicks. If everything goes my way the season looks like this (winner listed first):

1. Miami 2. Detroit 3. New Jersey 4. Pacers
8. Whoever 7. New York 6. Whoever 5. Whoever

4. Pacers 2. Detroit
1. Miami 4. New Jersey

2. Detroit
4. Pacers

Detroit
San Antonio

With Detroit winning it all!

November 2nd, 2005, 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Go Stones! Looked very good. Darko even had a block! DelFino looked very good as well. Rip is a superstud. They made it easy to get shots down low...the Heat won't let us get all those easy buckets.

November 3rd, 2005, 1:24 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Go Stones! Looked very good. Darko even had a block! DelFino looked very good as well. Rip is a superstud. They made it easy to get shots down low...the Heat won't let us get all those easy buckets.

Not too sure they won't. The Heat were not a good defensive team last year. They lost one of their better defenders in Eddie Jones. They added Jason Williams and Antoine Walker, who play defense like they are allergic to it. I'm just not buying into the Miami Heat hype system. They have too many egos and not enough role players.

Tim

November 3rd, 2005, 1:22 pm
Site Admin

I'm just not buying into the Miami Heat hype system.

Agreed...the Pistons looked very quick last night...the bench looked very good as well.

November 3rd, 2005, 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

November 3rd, 2005, 9:43 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Nice first game and Darko had over 8 min playing.. Flip had the whole bench in and everyone had at least a point!!! I see the Pistons leading the pack, but Miami and Indiana will have to be reckoned with!! with their D background for the last few years and new O with Flip, I can see the Pistons scoring some serious points.. gotta go with the Pistons/Spurs final again and it will be another 7 game series...

November 4th, 2005, 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]