View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 5-0 Best Start since '88-89 Season 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post 5-0 Best Start since '88-89 Season
The Pistons are rolling and they are the NBA's last undefeated team!

The last time Detroit started the season 5-0 was '88-89 season, the year of the Bad Boys 1st championship!

Ben is 1st in the league in rebounds.

Billups is 4th in the league in assists.

Rip is 9th in the league in scoring.

The team is 4th in the league in scoring at 104 a game.

I know it is early, but I got the feeling that we will be back in the Finals this year. At least it keeps my mind off the Lions woes.

Tim

November 11th, 2005, 12:08 pm
Site Admin

They are not only going to work...they are putting in overtime...

I think there is simply one reason for this effort...had they done just a few games better last season they would have IMO been the NBA champions with homecourt advantage. That's what they are gunning for and I think they will do it :twisted:

November 11th, 2005, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I just don't see a return to the finals this year. They are playing great right now, as I thought they would, with a new offensive minded coach in charge. But Larry Brown was more of the Defensive type of coach, and I think once his ideals wears completely off I think the Pistons could give up large amounts of points. They are already giving up 100 point games and it's early in the season. Without there Defense playing top notch they won't be able to beat a health Heat or Pacer team. Let alone come close to beating the Spurs in the finals.

November 11th, 2005, 2:26 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I just don't see a return to the finals this year. They are playing great right now, as I thought they would, with a new offensive minded coach in charge. But Larry Brown was more of the Defensive type of coach, and I think once his ideals wears completely off I think the Pistons could give up large amounts of points. They are already giving up 100 point games and it's early in the season. Without there Defense playing top notch they won't be able to beat a health Heat or Pacer team. Let alone come close to beating the Spurs in the finals.

I would have to disagree with you. Lets start with :

Quote:
But Larry Brown was more of the Defensive type of coach, and I think once his ideals wears completely off I think the Pistons could give up large amounts of points.

The Pistons are a veteran bunch that know where their bread is buttered. Lets just say, they will always be a defensive team first and foremost, and to this point are still in the top 10 in the league in points allowed.

Quote:
Without there Defense playing top notch they won't be able to beat a health Heat or Pacer team

See above. Also, you cannot put enough emphasis on a team that has been together for 2 straight finals runs. Those other two teams are trying to either work in new players (Heat) or trying not to implode on each other (Pacers). You can't put a price on continuity.

Quote:
They are already giving up 100 point games and it's early in the season

The only 100 point game they have given up so far was Phoenix, and they score 100 on everyone. No surprise there.

Tim

November 11th, 2005, 2:54 pm
Heisman Winner

Don't get me wrong I think they will be a 2,3 or 4 seed in the East. I just don't think they will keep their traditional defensive domination that Coach Brown instilled in them.

Quote:
you cannot put enough emphasis on a team that has been together for 2 straight finals runs.

Very good point, their championship run 2 years ago was nothing to shake a stick at, they where a very underrated team with a very very deep bench. Then they lost some players to free agency, namely Okur, that really hurt them deep in the playoffs last year. But let's not forget what happened to the Patriots when they lost two of their coaches. They don't look the same.

Quote:
Those other two teams are trying to either work in new players (Heat) or trying not to implode on each other (Pacers).

I agree with you're comment about the Heat having a totally new lineup other than the heart of the team. I think they might be the Lakers or a few years ago, but let's not forget that still got them to the Lakers to the Finals. As for the Pacers, they are under the radar, much like the Pistons of two years ago. They have Artest back and added a shooter to try to take the place of Miller. As long as they don't implode as you put it, they will be playing deep into the playoffs as well. Only one team can make it to the Finals from the East, and it's not going to be nearly as easy as it was to get into the finals in the past. Even Cleveland is looking sharp.

In the end if you give me the Pistons or the rest of the field in the East. I'll take the field.

November 11th, 2005, 4:28 pm
Site Admin

In the end if you give me the Pistons or the rest of the field in the East. I'll take the field.

Well hell aren't you a risk taker :roll: :lol:

November 11th, 2005, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I see the Pistons back in the finals this year and giving a run for the money against the West.. they have an average of 104 per game!! when was the last time they had over 100 for any Piston team? I don't see their D going anywheres because they know what it takes to get to the finals..as most of the guys have saying all week is they are still young and have better years to come.. OMG!!!

November 12th, 2005, 6:40 pm

I definitely see the Pistons getting back to the finals. And don't give up on the NE Patriots as of yet. I still think they'll make the playoffs, and if they do they have to be the favorites to win it all again!!

November 12th, 2005, 7:31 pm
Profile YIM
Heisman Winner

As predicted beat out by the Heat. The Pacers imploded, and the Cavs almost knock them out. I guess even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.

June 5th, 2006, 4:26 pm

gotta give credit where credit is due.. you called it.. too bad they won 64 games and choked at playoff time.. Spurs even went down..

June 5th, 2006, 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]