View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 No 1st round draft pick for the Pistons in 2006!! 

What grade would you give the Pistons' draft choices over the past 4-5 years??
Poll ended at March 2nd, 2006, 12:45 am
A 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
E 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

No 1st round draft pick for the Pistons in 2006!! 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post No 1st round draft pick for the Pistons in 2006!!
Once again, the Pistons do not have a 1st round draft pick next year (just like the 2004 draft when they only drafted Rickey Paulding). The Pistons traded their 1st round pick for Carlos Arroyo, which was a great pickup for us. But just imagine how good the Pistons would be if we actually drafted some good talent and had 1st round picks. Over the past 4-5 years the only draft picks that are currently on our team are: Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Delfino, Darko Milicic, Jason Maxiell, Alex Acker, and Amir Johnson. The only good player out of all of these draft picks has been Tayshaun Prince. I do think that carlos Delfino and Darko Milicic have a lot of potential, but just think of where the Pistons would be if we drafted Dwayne Wade instead of Darko Milicic. All I'm saying is that the Pistons are a bloody good team (back to back NBA finals) and we haven't even drafted much talent over the past 4-5 years. How would you guys grade the drafting over the past 4-5 years for the Pistons?

November 22nd, 2005, 12:45 am
Profile YIM
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Just for the fact we drafted Prince 23rd overall when a lot of other teams passed on him, I would give them a 'B' grade. Obviously, the grade on Milicic is still incomplete, but at this point he drags that grade down. Delfino has shown me flashes that he can be good, and as the 25th overall selection in 2003, I say that he gives us good value at that selection. I like the early word on our latest draft picks, but we cannot fully evaluate until they get playing time. I know we could have taken either Anthony, Bosh, or Wade when we took Milicic, but they were not needs at the time. Dumars was looking at future potential. Looking back, I think the only player that would have made sense would be Bosh.

Overall, I would give Joe a 'C' grade. Other than Mateen, the other picks are still with the team.

Tim

November 22nd, 2005, 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]