View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Mikes Draft!! 
Site Admin

Post Mikes Draft!!
Great job Mike...

I love that you went into round 3 as well...the draft is the best IMO (for a Lions fan anyways).

I look forward to more on the draft cause it never gets old. You and Brian have shown such great insight and knowledge of the game it blows me away :arrow:

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=draft&sub=mock-draft1

All I would say is hasn't Chicago had it's share of Michigan draft disappointments?? :lol:

January 27th, 2005, 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Alpha, thanks for the compliments. As for Chicago, I have two questions. 1.) Do you really feel Edwards will be an NFL disappointment? :o 2.) If he does flop, will it bother you that much, seeing as Chicago is in our division? :twisted:

I hope everyone enjoyed my mock. I am already starting to make adjustments based on what I have read and seen on the Senior Bowl practices. Just waiting for the game on Saturday to take notes and make further adjustments. I will probably post another mock (version 2.0) before free agency begins. I will include further trades into rounds two and three. I will still limit the mock to three rounds.

Take care and hope to see some other mocks posted by our Forum readers and our staff writers. :wink:

January 27th, 2005, 3:35 pm
RIP Killer

Alpha, thanks for the compliments. As for Chicago, I have two questions. 1.) Do you really feel Edwards will be an NFL disappointment? :o 2.) If he does flop, will it bother you that much, seeing as Chicago is in our division? :twisted:

I hope everyone enjoyed my mock. I am already starting to make adjustments based on what I have read and seen on the Senior Bowl practices. Just waiting for the game on Saturday to take notes and make further adjustments. I will probably post another mock (version 2.0) before free agency begins. I will include further trades into rounds two and three. I will still limit the mock to three rounds.

Take care and hope to see some other mocks posted by our Forum readers and our staff writers. :wink:

January 27th, 2005, 3:40 pm
QB Coach

Mike, you got Merriman going twice in the first, did you want to switch the second Merriman to James or Spears?

I'll have more comments soon. Just been busy lately.

January 27th, 2005, 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Too High (# of spots too high):
Adam Bergen (126)
Joel Dreessen (97)
Jon Dunn (94)
Atari Bigby (75)
Chris Colmer (65)
Ronald Bartell (63)
Andre Maddox (62)
J.R. Russell (50)
Jonathan Babineaux (47)
Steve Savoy (47)
Khalif Barnes (46)
Dan Orlovsky (46)
Jeremy Parquet (45)
Dante Ridgeway (45)
Adam Snyder (41)
C.J. Brooks (41)
Chris Henry (33)

Too Low:
Kevin Burnett (-51)
Ciatrick Fason (-41)
Kyle Orton (-39)
Odell Thruman (-37)
Chris Canty (-37)
Bryant McFadden (-30)
Marcus Spears (-28)
Roddy White (-27)
Lance Mitchell (-27)

Players that should be picked within the first 2 rounds not included:
Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin (I think you meant for him instead of the 2nd Merriman)
Travis Johnson, DT, Florida State
Matt Roth, DE Iowa
C.J. Mosley, DT, Missouri
Mike Patterson, DT, USC
Barrett Ruud, ILB, Nebraska
Marion Barber, RB, Minnesota

Everything else seemed alright, as in player value. I don't think Ben Hall will be drafted though, but it was the last pick, and it was probably late.

Nice job all around, good trade thoughts.

January 27th, 2005, 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

You're right, I did intend Philly to take Erasmus James with their pick. I must have missed that when I was making adjustments. I do have Matt Roth listed in the mock, going to Washington with their second round pick recieved via my projected trade with Dallas (pick #42). I hand intended to have DT Travis Johnson replace Antajj Hawthorne in round one. I had a mock I created during the middle of the college season that I never posted, and made adjustments to that. I think I missed some updates. LOL :D As I stated before, I am working on making some changes and trying to get version 2.0 done before free agency starts. I also intend to project trades made in the second and third rounds as well.
I appreciate your taking the time to analyze all the projections based on overall player ranking. Had some spare time today, huh? I tried to make some surprise picks, as well as basing the selections more on team needs rather than overall player value. After all.......it's just a mock.

Be cool Brian. Thanks for the input. I will take your rankings into consideration. Great piece on Braylon by the way. Well written.

January 27th, 2005, 10:05 pm
RIP Killer

You guys are draft freaks! Keep it up... :wink:

January 27th, 2005, 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Sounds great Mike, I mis-read the Roth pick, there was a lot of trades!

Looking forward to seeing version 2.0.

January 28th, 2005, 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]