View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Senior Bowl Practices on ESPN 
QB Coach

Post Senior Bowl Practices on ESPN
EDIT: This should be easier to read than a long blog...

Anyone watching these 3pm EST? I'm really impressed with a lot of players.

I had my doubts that Mark Clayton was a first round prospect, but he has been spectacular in practice, and may be the best player there.

Matt Roth, DE, Iowa, has solidified a position in the first round, but I don't know how well he stacks up against the run. Also like what I see out of Jonathan Babineaux, his teammate.

On the offensive line, Khalif Barnes was solid at OT, Adam Terry wasn't dominating, but he can move for a big man. They should both be second rounders.

Carnell Williams played well, as expected, I was actually surprised by Darren Sproles. He can turn the corner well and will be a great change-of-pace back, probably 4th round selection. Kay-Jay Harris looks good as well, he is more powerful than I thought.

For the Lions, Alex Smith of Stanford looks like the most athletic TE, a great receiver, he reminds me of Winslow route running wise.

David Baas needs to play guard, he fumbled about 3 snaps. Besides that, he was dominant, as well as Marcus Johnson of Ole Miss. Both are solid second rounders.

Charlie Frye also had a solid day, he doesn't have an overpowering arm, but has the best accuracy and mechanics of all QBs there.

January 28th, 2005, 1:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

January 28th, 2005, 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

Alex Smith is slow. Its a bad draft for TE's, with only Heath Miller a starter quality talent. I like Clayton, but I don't see him going in the first. He's more of a 2d or 3d WR, and will probably be drafted in the mid-2d or 3d round, which isn't bad at all. Sproles might be an impact player in the Dave Meggett mold. He wouldn't be a bad idea for the Lions in the fourth round as a change of pace type of player. He also needs to show either an abiliity to return kicks, or to play the slot, or he'll fall in the draft. It's hard to draft a player who can't play special teams in that point of the draft.

January 30th, 2005, 10:51 am
QB Coach

Smith looked a lot worse in the game than he did in the practice. Just didn't get that seperation he was getting earlier.

January 31st, 2005, 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]