View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Don't boo him 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Don't boo him
I hope that Larry Brown gets the warm recption he deserves tonight when he comes back to The Palace. Yes, the seperation was nasty, but don't forget, he made Chauncy into a more true point guard, and sheparded us to two straight NBA Finals. I think that the Pistons will welcome him with open arms and so should the fans.

Just my opinion.

December 1st, 2005, 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't think he should be booed, but I don't think he should be applauded whatsoever. I just don't really like the guy, but you know people will be booing...

December 1st, 2005, 10:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Tonight? You mean tomorrow?

I don't think he should be booed, but I don't think he should be applauded whatsoever. I just don't really like the guy, but you know people will be booing...

Chea, Tomorrow. My bad. :x

I have a respect for him as coach, even with the Knicks dream job comments.

Anyway, a lot of this is Bill Davidson's fault, IMO.

December 1st, 2005, 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Anyway, a lot of this is Bill Davidson's fault, IMO.

I disagree with that wholeheartedly. I thought Davidson was a class act with how he handled Brown's situation. It was obvious that Brown's "dream job" became available and he didn't even want to finish his season in Detroit. I wonder how he's feeling now that he's at the bottom of the barrel in the East.

December 2nd, 2005, 12:13 am
Site Admin

Brown helped us get a championship and we were 5 minutes away from repeating. He left under murkey circumstances but so what...the championship brought us some respect...the players will embrace him I am sure and he should be applauded for what he did while he was here...not the circumstances on how he left.

December 2nd, 2005, 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Quote:
Brown helped us get a championship and we were 5 minutes away from repeating. He left under murkey circumstances but so what...the championship brought us some respect...the players will embrace him I am sure and he should be applauded for what he did while he was here...not the circumstances on how he left.

Great response Alpha. You wrote everything I was going to say. Bootom line is that Joe D. brought LB here to get us a championship, and he almost got us 2! LB has always been a wanderer thruout his career, so it does not surprise me that he left. It could have been a better seperation, but we are 11-2 right now, so all is well. I really think that everyone who goes to the game should give LB a standing ovation.

BTW, the Pistons are also honoring Isiah tonight. It should be a good ceremony.

Tim

December 2nd, 2005, 1:18 pm
QB Coach

December 2nd, 2005, 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]