View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions evaluating defense for personnel changes 
5th Round Pick - Traded

If Rolle is stuch a stud why do many experts have Adam "PacMan" Jones listed ahead of him? Also if was a real stud he won't be there at #10.

Unfortantly having that much money tied up in Bryant and Bly pretty much prevents you from drafting or signing a CB unless your going to cut one of them and take the cap hit.

Ever seen Bryant play? No way could he play safety.

February 3rd, 2005, 5:08 pm
Bubbles the Lion

alot of experts thought andre ware would be a good fit for the new run and shoot for detroit...i have a miami bias and do not like bryant...i believe that the best athletes will find a way to get on the field...imo rolle is the best athlete that will be available to the lions...detroit db's never play 16 games...with this weak draft it just makes sense to me...with most of the support db's being fa's thats what i would do if i had to draft at 10...ideally i would get completely out of the first round and trade for multiple picks this year or a first round in 2006

February 3rd, 2005, 8:04 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Actually most draft experts had Andre Ware listed a being a bust. Too bad Wayno didn't listen to them or the scouts on his own team that told him that.

Still you haven't really told me how you plan to fit Rolle under the salary cap with Bly and Bryant under contract. Or given any evidence that he's better than Jones other than he played at Miami. Which has had it's share of subpar CB enter the NFL.

February 3rd, 2005, 8:15 pm
Bubbles the Lion

a pick at the 10 spot is going to command a similar salary regardless of the position played by the player...and ALL top programs have had busts...it seems that they migrate more towards the lions however...if you look at the recent history of 1st round draft picks from miami they perform...the school does not care about acedemics nor graduatoin rates...they in esence are a unaffiliated minor league team...as for worrying about the cap...the key is getting top notch producton from first contract players (good drafting)...and filling your roster with second tier professional football players...not the flavors of the month (i.e. Az or Bryant)...if you overpay there you have to get third tier players like bill shreoder or david loverne to start...just my opinion

February 3rd, 2005, 11:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Bryant got shafted by the injuries to himself and Bly. Give him a chance before you blow him off. I can't see any really good option for us at #10. My moneys at trading down.

February 4th, 2005, 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2