View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 The toubles mount for the pack........ 
Peewee Leaguer

Post The toubles mount for the pack........
I feel the Packers are caught in a downword spiral and with all their money tied up in a washed up QB, (and their fans think he can still play) :roll: a saftey that is been done for about 2 years, and two other defensive investments that haven't even come close to living up to their salaries. Make this years FA in green bay a dismal one and possibly great for us! Bubbs Franks a FA wouldn't he be a nice addition??? Solid blocker, good hands. All set!!!! Also they have some tasty O-linemen up for grabs that I read they don't have enough money for!!! How exciting!!! As many of you can tell I hate the packers and losing to them year in and year out is getting sickening. I live in Mooch's hometown, and there are ALOT of those pompous, snotty, conceited, packer fans here. So seeing them crumble has me giddy. Anyone else??? Check out packerssuck.com its a hilarious site!!!

February 4th, 2005, 12:46 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Franks would be a nice pick up, depends on the money he will be asking for. As far as their O-line goes, either wahle or riviera would be nice.

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 4th, 2005, 2:23 pm
Site Admin

Well we have a poster Nitche (sp?) who is a Packer fan and very cool guy. I wouldn't paint them all bad...but I agree...they seem to be on a tough decline. That being said there are some teams out there that always seem to keep their heads above the water with a few smart moves. I wouldn't rub their nose in it until they are picking 1st in the draft and we are the NFC champs...

February 4th, 2005, 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

There are certainly a couple of quality players that they may have a hard time keeping and I wouldn't mind seeing one of them land in Detroit.

February 5th, 2005, 10:35 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Franks would be great but I'd be even more excited if the Lions could snap up Wahle or Rivera. I haven't seen them play alot but the from the stats and things I've read they sure sound like they'er solid. Anyone who sees alot of GB have any thoughts about them?

February 5th, 2005, 8:07 pm
RIP Killer

After a poor off season last year (and then a poor start to the season), I thought the Pack was done. My feelings peaked right before the kickoff when they faced the Lions at Ford Field. Both teams fortunes changed dramatically after that day. The Lions went in a downwards spiral and the Pack went on to overtake the Lions and the Vikes to win the division.

Hopefully, that was the last run by the Pack for some time. In 2005, the Lions need to surpase the Pack and challenge the Vikes for the division. I've learned never to count out Favre, Green and company. But if they lose a couple of OL and Franks I see them as a .500 club.

February 6th, 2005, 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Well we have a poster Nitche (sp?) who is a Packer fan and very cool guy.

Thank you! I try to bring an honest view no matter who we talk about.

Quote:
But if they lose a couple of OL and Franks I see them as a .500 club

It's possible, it all depends on how well Bates does with the D. This guy is one of the best D coordinators in the NFL, i think his scheme works pretty well for the talent GB has.

Quote:
I feel the Packers are caught in a downword spiral and with all their money tied up in a washed up QB, (and their fans think he can still play) Rolling Eyes

I donno about you, but i will take 4,000 yds passing and 30 TDs any day of the week. When was the last time a lions qb did that?

Quote:
two other defensive investments that haven't even come close to living up to their salaries.

If Hunt doesn't produce in TC, expect him to be traded or released. Personally, i never understood WHY they signed him to a big contract. He has NEVER produced.

Quote:
lso they have some tasty O-linemen up for grabs that I read they don't have enough money for!!!

If you want an injury-prone 32 year old Guard, you can take him, i think the packers are not gonna resign rivera, and Barry will be a fine T if they have to move Clifton or Tauscher inside to guard. (although Rivera says he really wants to stay if Favre stays) However, Wahle is signed through 2007, so if you want him, you gotta trade for him.

Quote:
a saftey that is been done for about 2 years

Sharper had one off year,(82 tackles, 2 sacks and 5 INTs in 2003) i think he is gone too, but ya never know.

Quote:
I live in Mooch's hometown, and there are ALOT of those pompous, snotty, conceited, packer fans here

That's cuz Iron Mt is PACKERS COUNTRY SON!!! I think you guys will be a good team and probably pass us within 3 years. But then again, everybody has been giving the Queens the division the last 3 years, so ya never know. You guys have the talent there, and a great coach. You guys remind me of the pack back in 92. You have the talent, you just need to add a few more pieces before you will be serious SB contenders.

Last edited by nitschkeisgod on February 7th, 2005, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 7th, 2005, 7:03 pm
QB Coach

If you want an injury-prone 32 year old Guard, you can take him, i think the packers are gonna release rivera, and Barry will be a fine T if they have to move Clifton or Tauscher inside to guard. (although Rivera says he really wants to stay if Favre stays) However, Wahle is signed through 2007, so if you want him, you gotta trade for him.

Actually, it's likely that the Packers will lose both.

Wahle will be reconstructured, or released. Most likely released. He is due to make 11 M in roster and salary bonus next season, and Green Bay can't afford that.

Rivera is an unrestricted free agent. He is likely gone as well. You can't release UFAs.

February 7th, 2005, 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Rivera is an unrestricted free agent. He is likely gone as well. You can't release UFAs

Yea, i saw i messed that up, so i changed it as you were typing. However, word out of GB is that they are gonna keep one of em. Rivera has stated that if favre stays, he wants to stay.

February 7th, 2005, 7:11 pm
QB Coach

Yeah, i'm thinking that they get Wahle back, and let Rivera go. Release and re-sign.

February 7th, 2005, 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Yeah, i'm thinking that they get Wahle back, and let Rivera go. Release and re-sign.

It would be the smarter thing to do, wahle is several years younger than rivera, and most packer fans think wahle is actually the better G, and he was a major snub by having rivera go to the Pro bowl instead of wahle.

February 7th, 2005, 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]