View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Another round of all-star snubs 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Another round of all-star snubs
www.freep.com wrote:
Center Ben Wallace had 336,518 votes, second to Miami's Shaquille O'Neal among Eastern Conference centers. Rasheed Wallace (186,911 votes) and Tayshaun Prince (99,082) were third and eighth, respectively, for forwards. Among guards, Chauncey Billups (125,494) was fifth and Rip Hamilton (97,264) eighth.

This is absolutly revolting. I'm not saying that Ben deserves an All Star spot this year, but he should have more votes than O'Neal. The guards are what really make me mad though.

December 16th, 2005, 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Another round of all-star snubs
bsand2053 wrote:
www.freep.com wrote:
Center Ben Wallace had 336,518 votes, second to Miami's Shaquille O'Neal among Eastern Conference centers. Rasheed Wallace (186,911 votes) and Tayshaun Prince (99,082) were third and eighth, respectively, for forwards. Among guards, Chauncey Billups (125,494) was fifth and Rip Hamilton (97,264) eighth.

This is absolutly revolting. I'm not saying that Ben deserves an All Star spot this year, but he should have more votes than O'Neal. The guards are what really make me mad though.

Ben isn't even in the same league as Shaq... Shaq can dominate a game offensively and defensively... Ben can't "dominate" a game at either end of the ball. Sure Shaq has been hurt and he's getting up there in age, but he's still by far the best center in the game. As far as the guards go... I can think of at least two guards that are better than Chauncy, and at least 7 that are better than Prince... I really don't know what you're so upset about....

The Pistons are a team, not a group of individuals... there are better individuals at every position throughout the league. IMO it is an honor, rather than an insult, to be one of the best teams in the league and still not have a #1 player at any position. In fact, I think it is the mark of the Pistons to be as such....

December 17th, 2005, 2:34 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Another round of all-star snubs
wjb21ndtown wrote:
bsand2053 wrote:
www.freep.com wrote:

Ben isn't even in the same league as Shaq... Shaq can dominate a game offensively and defensively... Ben can't "dominate" a game at either end of the ball. Sure Shaq has been hurt and he's getting up there in age, but he's still by far the best center in the game. As far as the guards go... I can think of at least two guards that are better than Chauncy, and at least 7 that are better than Prince... I really don't know what you're so upset about....

The Pistons are a team, not a group of individuals... there are better individuals at every position throughout the league. IMO it is an honor, rather than an insult, to be one of the best teams in the league and still not have a #1 player at any position. In fact, I think it is the mark of the Pistons to be as such....

I didn't say that Ben was better than Shaq, I didn't say that Prince was the best foward, and I didn't say that the guards were the best either. What I did say was that Shaq didn't deserve more votes than Ben because Shaq has played in only 6 games this season. I also think that the guards deserve more votes than they are getting. I think that Chauncy is one of the most pure and complete PGs in the league. Just my opinion.

December 17th, 2005, 11:45 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Chauncey is a great PG, but underrated because he's not "the man" like AI. Chauncey isn't the focal point of the team like other PGs are of other teams. Same thing with Rip. He's a fantastic player, but he doesn't carry a team like Kobe. For those reasons, Pistons won't make the All-Star team. I think it's crap, but fans pick the stars, ala the guys who carry teams or the guys who can win games by themselves.

December 17th, 2005, 2:06 pm
Varsity Captain

Ben isn't even in the same league as Shaq... Shaq can dominate a game offensively and defensively... Ben can't "dominate" a game at either end of the ball.

Going to have to disagree, Shaq maybe better overall due to him being a dominant offensive force, but Ben Wallace is one of the most dominant Defensive players in the NBA, Ben Wallace can not only play excellent defense one on one but there is no one better at help defense and harrassing driving offensive players then Ben Wallace, Ben Wallace can dominate defensively IMO.

December 18th, 2005, 2:40 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Quote:
Ben isn't even in the same league as Shaq... Shaq can dominate a game offensively and defensively... Ben can't "dominate" a game at either end of the ball.

Hunter MSU wrote :

Going to have to disagree, Shaq maybe better overall due to him being a dominant offensive force, but Ben Wallace is one of the most dominant Defensive players in the NBA, Ben Wallace can not only play excellent defense one on one but there is no one better at help defense and harrassing driving offensive players then Ben Wallace, Ben Wallace can dominate defensively IMO.

Hunter,

Thanks you for making this point. I agree with you 100%. There is a reason Ben has won the Defensive Player of the Year award 3 out of the last 4 years. His own teammates speak of how Ben dominates the game on D and they feed off of that and it helps initiate their offense.

Again, Ben has earned and deserves any contract that Joe D see's fit for him. He may be getting up their in age, but the man keeps himself in incredible shape. If we don't offer him a fair deal, believe me that there are teams out there that will be lining up to offer Ben a max contract.

And just for the record, Ben has already stated publicly that he wants to end his career here and is not even thinking about talking to other teams and that Detroit has the 1st shot to keep his services.

Tim

December 19th, 2005, 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]