View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Lions Tigers comparison 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Lions Tigers comparison
When I first thought about Jeff Garcia in honolulu blue and silver I really didnt see it. However, the more I think about it the more I like it. I still have hope iN joey (Am I the only one left?), but this is my final year standing up for the guy.

Is it just me or is the Lions front office reminding anyone else of the Tigers in the Mid 90's?
Hire Randy Smith to run the show and he brings in a bunch of San Diego guys.
Lions hire Matt Millen and he brings in a bunch of 49er guys. Now I understand the 49ers and the Padres are not a good comparison with the 49ers being the example franchise for a long time. But the 49ers have not been what you would call world beaters lately. I am just worried that the Lions may not be looking with eyes wide open, but instead with 49er colored glasses.

UpNorth Lion

February 13th, 2005, 3:51 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Personally I have been fed up with all of the "49ers going blue" for some time. I think that Mooch was a good pick-up. I think he's a good coach, but I don't think that everyone else in San Fran was that good. It's time for Mooch to expand some and leave his "comfort" zone. You can't hire everyone that you are "comfortable" with because you were with them before, that doesn't make them the best man for the job.

February 14th, 2005, 5:35 am
RIP Killer

Mooch has a high comfort level with some things from back in his old SF days. Unfortunately, the Lions don't have that many FA options at QB. From what I've heard, Warner is favored within the organization over Garcia anyway.

They really haven't signed that many guys from SF - Streets to a 1 yr deal, Paul Smith at FB. They have brought over a few coaches but that always happens.

BTW - you are not the only supporter of Joey left. He has to get it done this year though.

PS - welcome to the LB board. We have have few UPer's already.

February 14th, 2005, 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I still have hope in Harrington. Remember how damn good he looked in the Giants game. But the Lions have too many pieces together in the weak NFC not to compete right now. That's why they have to have a veteran back-up, like Garcia, as insurance so that the season is not a wash if Harrington doesn't pan out.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

February 15th, 2005, 12:32 pm
Site Admin

Well the Lions I feel have been building good personel under Millen in the last few years where as the Tigers promised good things from the likes of Tony Clark, Damien Eaisly, and Justin (Pitcher I forget his name...Thomson???)...They never did much. I remember the radio bits throwing these guys at us like they were MLB Allstars and now they are either buried on the bench, relagated to the minor leagues, or not in baseball at all. Where as KJ and Roy have shown me that they are extremely talented as has Big Baby, Bly, and some other people the Lions have been putting together. They have talent where as the Tigers were just terrible.

February 15th, 2005, 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The only NFC team that we have no chance of being better than is the Eagles. Other than that, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see them make a decent playoff run. Everything has to fall into place, including,
Moss gets traded to AFC (not a nessecity, but would be nice)
Joey pans out
We are relitivly injury free
The D gets better pass defense
The coaches get less conservative.

February 16th, 2005, 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]