View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 8:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 how is our CAP looking?? 
Towel Boy

Post how is our CAP looking??
does anyone know how we are looking as far as the salary cap?

February 16th, 2005, 12:25 pm
Site Admin

I could be totally wrong but I believe Pablo said we are about 15mil under...the number may be wrong but we are in pretty good shape.

February 16th, 2005, 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: how is our CAP looking??
9-7in2005 wrote:
does anyone know how we are looking as far as the salary cap?

Alpha is correct, I've heard about $15M - here is a link to what one site has listed for each team:

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

I'm not sure exactly how they compiled the figures. Remember a few things though. First, the Lions only have 30-some players under contract for next season, so a chunk of $ needs to be allocated to filling out depth on the roster. Secondly, the rookie cap figure won't be known till after the draft. The rookie cap is a cap within the salary cap. This figure is assigned by the NFL and is based on the number of picks a team has and where each pick falls. I would estimate somewhere around $5M will taken up by the rookie cap.

I also need to look into the total team salary cap for 2005, it tends to go up a bit each year based on a formula that involves a % of league revenues.

February 16th, 2005, 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Post Cap room
I remeber seeing on a website (sorry guys.......bot sure which one) that the cap number will increase by about 5% to around $87 million. Don't quote me on that, but arouind that number.

Keep the praise high. This year is the year to make a run. Anything can happen!!

Pirok

February 16th, 2005, 1:49 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Feb. 24, 2004) -- The salary cap for the NFL for next season will be nearly $80.6 million, a $5.6 million increase from last season.

The league announced the figure for the free-agent period that will begin on March 3, when all teams must be at or below that salary number.

The cap this year is 64.75 percent of the league's defined gross revenues, which is made up of radio and television revenue and gate receipts from all games -- preseason, regular season and playoffs.

The actual number will be $80.582 million, compared to $75 million last season. Cap rules stipulate that teams must spend at least $67.3 million this season.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

February 16th, 2005, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

The salary cap in 2004 was $80.6 million. For 2005 it is expected to increase about 5%, to between 86 and 87 million.

February 17th, 2005, 8:06 am
RIP Killer

Ask the Commish has updated their Salary Cap figures, they now have the Lions ranked #5 overall with $20M under the cap. Looks like they tried to fill in the rest of the roster for the Lions by assuming the remaining players would all sign minimum contacts.

Not a terrible hypothesis, except they didn't do that for any of the other 31 NFL teams. DOH!

Here is the link again:

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

February 18th, 2005, 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]